NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, munygon2 said:

Still worth stashing?

I think so; I’ve kept him in my IR slot since  he went down. He showed good chemistry with Kizer in the preseason and should be a target monster on a team that will be playing from behind every week.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/11/2017 at 11:26 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

Absolutely now that Hogan is starting. 

I traded some waiver rb's for him as a lottery ticket for my thin wr ranks. he may turn out to be worthless but that's what a bench is for, taking shots

On 10/18/2017 at 11:34 AM, Kilo said:

The Browns are on a bye week 9 so, the earliest is week 10.

Pretty sure IR designated to return requires that you MISS 8 weeks. He played  and got injured in week 2. Therefore, I believe he's eligible to return to practice AFTER week 10 and could be eligible to play week 11 (Nov 19).

13 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Pretty sure IR designated to return requires that you MISS 8 weeks. He played  and got injured in week 2. Therefore, I believe he's eligible to return to practice AFTER week 10 and could be eligible to play week 11 (Nov 19).

This was hashed out pretty thoroughly in the DJ thread.  I believe you can start practicing after 6 weeks and return after 8.

Based on when he was placed on IR he is eligible to play week 10 vs. Lions.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:45 AM, lolcopter said:

Can’t believe people are stashing this china doll on a garbage team with no QB

I'm waiting a couple more weeks, but I plan to pick him up and hold him just in case. Even with on that garbage team with no QB, he put up 13.80 points in week one. I'll take that as my WR3. I understand that we can't count on a TD every week, but I have to believe Coleman's talent will rise to the occasion. And if he gets hurt again, I cut him loose and start another WR as my WR3. The thing is, if he stays healthy the remainder of the season and can put up WR2 numbers, playing him will go a long way to helping me compete in the playoffs. 

I'm not going out of my way to stash him immediately but he's on my watch list to look at in a week or two. Cleveland sucks but he's really good and could still put up good numbers when he comes back. He really has no competition for WR1 on that team.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:36 PM, cothane said:

This was hashed out pretty thoroughly in the DJ thread.  I believe you can start practicing after 6 weeks and return after 8.

Based on when he was placed on IR he is eligible to play week 10 vs. Lions.

He played in week 2. If you are correct, then he could practice at the completion of week 8 (week from end of tomorrow's game), then return for Week 11. I am pretty confident that IR designated to return requires that you miss 8 weeks.

Regardless, I have seen 0 news other than the missed curfew issue. He returned from a similar injury last year after 6 weeks, so no reason to think he couldn't be ready when eligible. I think Kessler keeping the job is his best bet. Also important to remember that Pryor was operating as the WR1 when he returned last year. No such issue this year. Agree with the WR3 assessment.

• 2 weeks later...

Officially time to pull the trigger on stashing him?

after they come off the bye, I’m assuming he’ll start getting touted across the board as an add. Time to get ahead of the game?

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

after they come off the bye, I’m assuming he’ll start getting touted across the board as an add. Time to get ahead of the game?

Traded for and stashed him i IR slot 2 weeks ago. Pure dart throw in the messy browns offense. They can't get any component of their offense to work and i'm not sure coleman is going to make a difference when u have QB roulette every week.

i'm betting he is a pure volume play when healthy.

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

I think so if people have room. If they're targeting bringing Coleman back in week 11 when he's eligible I'd suspect he'll start practicing with the team next week when they come out of bye. If so the sites will be talking him up as a good spec add before waivers process and he won't be free anymore.