NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Worth burning the #1 waiver, 1PPR league? Could be a nice tandem with recent emergence of Alex Collins.

Danny Woodhead (hamstring, I.R.) is eligible to return in Week 11.

Woodhead may resume practicing this week. The Ravens have a bye in Week 10, then Woodhead will be eligible to play in the following game. Whenever Woodhead returns, he should immediately take over passing-down snaps from Buck Allen and play in tandem with new Ravens lead back Alex Collins. Fantasy leaguers who play in PPR leagues should consider rostering Woodhead this week.

I'm not burning my #1 spot on him. I'll nab him off of free agency on wednesday if I have to

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's my #1 add in PPR this week.  Anyone who is down on their RB's, and in the playoff hunt  e.g:  me, who's #1 RB is Kamara, needs to do the same.  Best dart throw at RB this week looking ahead.

6 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Worth burning the #1 waiver, 1PPR league? Could be a nice tandem with recent emergence of Alex Collins.

Danny Woodhead (hamstring, I.R.) is eligible to return in Week 11.

Woodhead may resume practicing this week. The Ravens have a bye in Week 10, then Woodhead will be eligible to play in the following game. Whenever Woodhead returns, he should immediately take over passing-down snaps from Buck Allen and play in tandem with new Ravens lead back Alex Collins. Fantasy leaguers who play in PPR leagues should consider rostering Woodhead this week.

A tear just rolled down my cheek.  I was hoping he would be under the radar one more week.

If we make a move on him it will have to be this week.  

5 minutes ago, kdko said:

He's my #1 add in PPR this week.  Anyone who is down on their RB's, and in the playoff hunt  e.g:  me, who's #1 RB is Kamara, needs to do the same.  Best dart throw at RB this week looking ahead.

Are you burning a waiver claim on him?

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Are you burning a waiver claim on him?

Oh yeah, i'm desperate at RB.  I can't wait or depend on Lynch to show me signs of life.   

Woodhead is a proven commodity, and was very successful within the redzone for the Patriots, and even moreso recently with the Chargers.  People are easy to forget that Woodhead was a HUGE part of their offensive gameplan this entire offseason, whereas Collins was added 2 days before the first game of the season .  Woodhead will resume his role, and it WILL be at the expense of Collins, and Allen.

wanna snag this kid so badly, but - i know he's gonna break in a crucial spot (playoffs), and cost me mega coin. 

love his game, and he is a ppr demon, but im'ma let someone else crash and burn with him. 

GL to you intrepid souls taking the plunge. 

Even with his rebuild, cyborg knee, he's still the fastest back on their team, in a dink and dunk offense.  People forget Woody ran a 4.3 40, almost a full quarter second faster than Collins.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wanna snag this kid so badly, but - i know he's gonna break in a crucial spot (playoffs), and cost me mega coin. 

love his game, and he is a ppr demon, but im'ma let someone else crash and burn with him. 

GL to you intrepid souls taking the plunge. 

Drafted him knowing he would get injured. Hopefully, his IR stint pleased the Fantasy gods, and he can finish out till week 17 healthy.

Is he even healthy enough to play? I read all this stuff about Woodhead being eligible to play week 11 but NOTHING about how healthy he actually is......

Edited by SyNdicateZ
Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

Is he even healthy enough to play? I heR all this stuff about Woodhead being eligible to play week 11 but NOTHING about how healthy he actually is......

From what I've read through the team his recovery has been going well and he'll be practicing soon?  I'll try and look for the source 

He's less valuable in standard, but still worth a look. I'm sure guys like Duke Johnson, James White, Chris Thompson etc. are owned in most 12+ team standard leagues. So a healthy Woodhead is also worth a glance depending on who you're carrying on the bench.

Edited by LongBalls

He's got high end RB2 value in full PPR leagues. RB2/flex value in half PPR leagues.

I can't believe some of you have yet to pick him up or are still questioning whether he's worth burning a waiver on. If you need RBs this is probably one of the last shots you'll have at getting a high volume back off the wire (I'm talking about total touches here, not purely carries). Baltimore led the league last year in most targets to their RBs. 

21 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

He's got high end RB2 value in full PPR leagues. RB2/flex value in half PPR leagues.

I can't believe some of you have yet to pick him up or are still questioning whether he's worth burning a waiver on. If you need RBs this is probably one of the last shots you'll have at getting a high volume back off the wire (I'm talking about total touches here, not purely carries). Baltimore led the league last year in most targets to their RBs. 

they also made buck allen serviceable.  that should be enough reason to pick up woodhead....

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

Just not sure if I should burn my #1, that's all. Bell, Kamara, Doug, White, Dion, Henry. Could just stash or trade too.

3 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Just not sure if I should burn my #1, that's all. Bell, Kamara, Doug, White, Dion, Henry. Could just stash or trade too.

Not everyone is that deep though. Your situation is the exception, not the norm. I'd probably save my waiver if I was that deep too, or burn it and then trade someone with higher perceived value like White.

48 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Not everyone is that deep though. Your situation is the exception, not the norm. I'd probably save my waiver if I was that deep too, or burn it and then trade someone with higher perceived value like White.

Agree. I'll likely save it and use it when I really need to.