NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Yeah but what’s a better train to be on Woodhead or Rod Smith?

Go with the guy you have already seen usage from. Woodhead IS a primary target for Flacco, Smith may be a target of Dak

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nosh0t said:

Did he need someone else on IR...don't understand...

Dropped him a for a defense. There’s a reason why he’s 2-7 in my league. Would be tragic if the first place team gets him. No IR spot in this league for some reason 

Edited by Broncos132
1 minute ago, dannyz6969 said:

I dont understand the woodhead hype.. he isn't supplanting collins.... and this is danny woodhead... he injures himself getting the newspaper.... someone pls convince me. I need a RB like him if he is going to get RZ touches

Taking the pass catching role back from Buck Allen, he will be pretty involved. The risk of injury is one I’m willing to take for potential RB2 numbers from a free WW pickup 

4 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Taking the pass catching role back from Buck Allen, he will be pretty involved. The risk of injury is one I’m willing to take for potential RB2 numbers from a free WW pickup 

No brainer logic.  Plus we only need him for a few weeks not an entire season so injury risk is less.  

30 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

I dont understand the woodhead hype.. he isn't supplanting collins.... and this is danny woodhead... he injures himself getting the newspaper.... someone pls convince me. I need a RB like him if he is going to get RZ touches

Why not worth a stash? Worse you drop him after week 11

This RB caught 80 passes in 2015.

The Ravens are "not sure" Danny Woodhead (hamstring, I.R.) will be ready to play in Week 11 against the Packers.

Advice: "It's kind of hard to predict," said coach John Harbaugh. Woodhead himself was also noncommittal on his Week 11 availability when asked by reporters last week. Woodhead will practice on Tuesday, but the Ravens won't decide his status until after they see how he responds. Woodhead suffered what amounted to a torn hamstring in Week 1 and has been on I.R. ever since.

MoreJeff Zrebiec on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

The Ravens are "not sure" Danny Woodhead (hamstring, I.R.) will be ready to play in Week 11 against the Packers.

Advice: "It's kind of hard to predict," said coach John Harbaugh. Woodhead himself was also noncommittal on his Week 11 availability when asked by reporters last week. Woodhead will practice on Tuesday, but the Ravens won't decide his status until after they see how he responds. Woodhead suffered what amounted to a torn hamstring in Week 1 and has been on I.R. ever since.

MoreJeff Zrebiec on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

that's fine if he needs to rest one more week, i'll trade a week 11 start if it means increased health for weeks 15 and 16 against the likes of IND and CLE

Could just be some gamesmanship from the Ravens. Given he's been out for a while, but two weeks (including a bye) should be enough time to get the guy into the swing of things if he's fully healthy. Should know more after he practices tomorrow.

Edited by LongBalls

Woodhead and the Ravens were unsure if he'd be available for Week 11.  It must have really been significant,   and add in DW's age, we'll see if he's able to put it together in 2017.

22 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Could just be some gamesmanship from the Ravens. Given he's been out for a while, but two weeks (including a bye) should be enough time to get the guy into the swing of things if he's fully healthy. Should know more after he practices tomorrow.

All we need to see is 1 game with woodhead and we can forecast the rest. He isnt some rookie we have never seen play, he know he limits and capabilities and will perform accordingly

3 hours ago, LongBalls said:

This is most likely the case. Harbaugh is a red a** and doesn’t seem like the guy that would offer info. 

1 hour ago, charliehustler said:

This is most likely the case. Harbaugh is a red a** and doesn’t seem like the guy that would offer info. 

That's because he just made room on his FF roster for him and is waiting for waivers to clear before divulging info.