NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Great, benched Drake for him when you said, and i quote, "it aint happenin' Cleats" when i asked cant he just outscore cooper Kupp.

Wait....I’m confused....what was the context of what I said....I remember making that comment but what exactly was it about?  

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Wait....I’m confused....what was the context of what I said....I remember making that comment but what exactly was it about?  

I rhetorically asked "cant kenyan drake just outscore cooper kupp" and you said "it aint happening Cleats"

Just giving you a hard time, i started woody cause i believe in him not message board fodder, just thought it was funny.

Its in the kenyan drake thread

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I rhetorically asked "cant kenyan drake just outscore cooper kupp" and you said "it aint happening Cleats"

Just giving you a hard time, i started woody cause i believe in him not message board fodder, just thought it was funny.

Its in the kenyan drake thread

I was right, wasn’t I?  Kupp outscored Drake yesterday, right?  I know Drake got a td but it took an injury to Damien to get him on the field more. I didn’t factor that in the equation. 

Edited by TennisMenace
1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

I was right, wasn’t I?  Kupp outscored Drake yesterday, right?  I know Drake got a td but it took an injury to Damien to get him on the field more. I didn’t factor that in the equation. 

Yeah, you would have been spot on with or without the injury and i agreed so i started woody instead. 12 point lead with woody for me and nuke hopkins for him.

With drake id have had a 26 point lead going against nuke.

I was just giving you a hard time.

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah, you would have been spot on with or without the injury and i agreed so i started woody instead. 12 point lead with woody for me and nuke hopkins for him.

With drake id have had a 26 point lead going against nuke.

I was just giving you a hard time.

Hey, everytime I pick up someone they get hurt.

Juju.....Shepard...Damien Williams...

i picked up Woody so I am really hoping he isn’t another casualty tonight. 

Yeah.  What happened to the pathetic Ravens of the early season?  Seems like they just control the clock with Collins and then Woodhead (and Allen) get sprinkled in occasionally.  So disappointing.

7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Idk what you guys expected from a 33 year old, undersized rb coming off a torn hammy this season and a torn acl last season...

You say that like it’s a knock on him individually and not on his usage. He out scored Kareem Hunt

7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Idk what you guys expected from a 33 year old, undersized rb coming off a torn hammy this season and a torn acl last season...

You say that like it’s a knock on him individually and not on his usage. He out scored Kareem Hunt

I was t expect much from Woody last night....about 5 points....and he got 4.5.  Houston has a very tough front 7 and I’m sure he was on a snap count this week. So, he came out of it healthy I see, that is good.

i think next week against Detroit he should do better. Can I start him?  It is either he or Hunt and as I recall, Hunt didn’t get more than 4.5 this weekend.....so maybe I can. 

8.5 1PPR points for me last night. Wasn't terrible. But he only played 22 snaps. Blame game flow. Anyone else think DET will put BAL in a hole so they'll move to more passing week 13? I think DET will be able score some points on them.

9 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

6.5 in half ppr in a brutal matchup still coming back from injury ? 

Oh the horror ... 

Not really the points that are concerning to me, its the usage. It appears to be an ugly 3-headed timeshare, where the few times that pathetic offense gets in the redzone, either Collins is in, or they put Allen in so his lineman can push him across the line. Hopefully it was gameflow and a better opponent will make it more conducive to a heavy Woodhead game.

Edited by nromn

When are you people gonna learn that in ppr buck allen is still the back to own in this back field? .. Rotoworld hyping woodhead for months now and proclaiming Buck Allen useless was a dead give away that Allen will be the most productive back down the stretch run

7 minutes ago, bobbym said:

When are you people gonna learn that in ppr buck allen is still the back to own in this back field? .. Rotoworld hyping woodhead for months now and proclaiming Buck Allen useless was a dead give away that Allen will be the most productive back down the stretch run

You're delusional if you think Buck Allen is still fantasy relevant.  He had 6 touches last night with ONE target.  The lone TD run was when he spelled Collins and dude was lucky to score when his O-Line shoved him into the end-zone.  If you think he'll put up points with that usage rate, you're nuts.

Woodhead played 22 snaps and touched the ball 8 times.  In the hurry up offense at the end of the 2nd half, it was just him in the game.  Back to back games where game flow favored Collins but in a game where they are trailing, not hard to see that Woodhead's usage would go up.

7 minutes ago, bobbym said:

Buck Allen had a TD, a lucky one at that since the O-Line pushed him 2 yards. I'm not suggesting it doesn't count, but you have to look at the circumstances. 

Allen had 5 carries to Woddy's 4 carries and 1 catch/1 target compared to Woody's 4 catches on 4 targets. 

Buck Allen is the back to own if either Collins or Woodhead goes down. That's about it. There was nothing about his usage last night that makes me think he's a better option over Woodhead in PPR.  Blame game flow for Woodhead "only" getting 4 targets last night.

I wouldn't roll him out with confidence this week, but I wouldn't get cute by putting someone else in over him when he's probably going to get 4-5 carries and 4-5 passing targets at a minimum. 

Buck Allen is the back the Ravens trust the most he is in his prime and is having a career year but rotoworld rendered him "useless" once Woodhead suits up .. looks like they got smart and backed off those statements now saying its best to avoid this backfield