NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

10 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

6.5 in half ppr in a brutal matchup still coming back from injury ? 

Oh the horror ... 

My biggest concern was that he was not on the field 90% of the game.  The only time he had a role was on 3rd down and in the 2-minute drill in the first half.  1st and 2nd downs he was non-existent and sometimes not even there on 3rd downs.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a drop in standard. You probably have to hope for better days in PPR leagues.

He actually played more snaps than Allen already, but I don't see him snaring much other work with Collins running well.

Edited by LongBalls
1 minute ago, cizastro said:

My biggest concern was that he was not on the field 90% of the game.  The only time he had a role was on 3rd down and in the 2-minute drill in the first half.  1st and 2nd downs he was non-existent and sometimes not even there on 3rd downs.

He's not going to be on the field that much. On a great day, he might get 35-40 snaps. That's what a lot of starters in the league get that aren't named Fournette, Bell, or Elliott.

I think 30-35 snaps and 10 touches per game is fair for him. Last night he was in on 22 snaps and had 8 touches with them nursing a lead. I don't think his usage is suspect at all. I think he's just about where he should be coming back from injury. I'd expect a few more snaps in next week's game and a solid game if they are playing catch up against the Lions. 

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

8.5 1PPR points for me last night. Wasn't terrible. But he only played 22 snaps. Blame game flow. Anyone else think DET will put BAL in a hole so they'll move to more passing week 13? I think DET will be able score some points on them.

Not me.

detroit has been falling behind big these past games and make this frantic comeback in the fourth. 

Sort of hard to evaluate him after 2 games back and on snap count or rotation. problem is the Ravens offense is bad and they have no reliable pass catchers.  At some point they are going to need to give woodhead more tarets. I hope it's by week 14 we see the shift towards him.

ravens seem content to let collins have 50% of snaps and 80% of rushing work with allen and woodhead splitting the rest of the work...two games in a row this was the case. considering the wasteland on waivers at RB, i will be holding for now, but the only thing that will increase woodheads usage is injury or collins' fumbilitis coming back

7 minutes ago, boredster said:

ravens seem content to let collins have 50% of snaps and 80% of rushing work with allen and woodhead splitting the rest of the work...two games in a row this was the case. considering the wasteland on waivers at RB, i will be holding for now, but the only thing that will increase woodheads usage is injury or collins' fumbilitis coming back

And also if they are playing from behind IMO

5lJRcmpi_bigger.jpgJamison HensleyVerified account @jamisonhensley
FollowFollow @jamisonhensley
More

Ravens running back Alex Collins not practicing Wednesday. The injury is the unknown. Depending on severity, it could mean Buck Allen gets more carries and Terrance West becomes active Sunday against Lions. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0727609670604165379-4 

1:41 PM - 29 Nov 2017

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:
More

Ravens running back Alex Collins not practicing Wednesday. The injury is the unknown. Depending on severity, it could mean Buck Allen gets more carries and Terrance West becomes active Sunday against Lions. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0727609670604165379-4 

Activate Terrance West? Good one, Jamison.

Don't see this ever being much more than a RBBC rotation regardless of what combination of Collins, West, Allen, and Woody you're looking at. That shouldn't hurt Woody's PPR value moving ahead, but I'd avoid everyone not named Collins in standard.

Unless you like RB roulette.

Edited by LongBalls
25 minutes ago, jtbgator said:
More

Ok admittedly I hadn’t seen this before I replied to your PM. Interesting development worth following

Everyone can stop overreacting to two games that were always going to be poor fantasy showings from Danny.  If you were disappointed in his past two weeks, it is your own fault for setting poor expectations.  Now, if he shows poorly again this week, then it's time to move on.

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

This is a RB cluster-F.  I have Woody and I'm dropping I think.  Even in a full ppr.  

Full PPR?  Please don't unless you have some really good waiver options.