NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, burninglegs said:

Have no idea why someone would take Woodhead over Ingram. Even in a PPR league. Makes no sense. 

ive seen woodhead go before ingram almost every single time. with the crowded backfield in NO, want to explain?

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, floppy said:

ive seen woodhead go before ingram almost every single time. with the crowded backfield in NO, want to explain?

Woodhead is a 32 year old coming back from an ACL injury and now dealing with a hamstring injury. While the NO backfield is "crowded," the offense in NO is stronger and the RBs should have fairly defined roles. 

Ingram was RB8 last season and RB12 in 2015 and RB14 in 2014. So we know he can put up good numbers, even if splitting work with guys like (Hightower, Cadet, Spiller, Robinson, Thomas). I don't see why AP and Kamara would change that at all. Woodhead is not just dealing with the age issue, but also his proclivity for injuries.

4 minutes ago, midlip said:

uch... but Powell as my RB2 makes me hella nervous, especially wiht Forte still there in the beginning 

For the season, both Woodhead and Powell are solid RB2s in a full PPR setting.

With Woodhead, staying healthy is key but he should be locked in as a PPR beast.

49 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Him and Powell are pretty even - probably lean Powell now that Woodhead is dealing with an hamstring injury.

Powell

Woodhead

Martin

Ware

CJA

i like martin best in this group (even with the suspension) as once hes on the field, he offers, in my opinion, the most consistent play.

5 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

So all systems go here?

I believe so. It sounds like holding him out was just precautionary. He's always going to be a risk reward player with his frame and the beating he takes but when he's healthy he can perform like a good RB2 in PPR formats for a much lower cost. With Flacco looking like he's playing week 1 without any limitations I really like Woodhead this year and think he could be one of Flacco's favorite targets. 

31 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

Who are other similar RB ranking wise in a standard league?

Maybe Powell? Ingram if Peterson is getting goal line? 

I love Woodhead in PPR, but he wouldn't be one of my targets in standard unless he drops a little. I'm doubting he gets as many goal line opportunities in Baltimore vs San Diego, though I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Maybe Powell? Ingram if Peterson is getting goal line? 

I love Woodhead in PPR, but he wouldn't be one of my targets in standard unless he drops a little. I'm doubting he gets as many goal line opportunities in Baltimore vs San Diego, though I hope I'm wrong.

The funny thing about Woodhead near the goal line is he kind of disappears and shows up in the end zone. Seems like it is usually on a passing play more than a run, but all those big bodies gummed up near the goal line gives him a chance to sneak in.

Agreed, but the Chargers looooved using him around the goal line. I hope the Ravens do to, but best case I can only see him matching that usage.Most likely it goes down a little. Terrance West getting stuffed a few times would be nice.

Thoughts tomorrow? Will he be used similar to SD - all i've read is he will be a huge part of the pass game and they pursued him fairly aggressively in free agency 

Will he split carries with West or strictly 3rd down back? Quiet offseason but I feel he could be such an underrated fantasy dynamo when used 10-15 touches 

[I also think West is mediocre at best and the Bengals offense should keep the Ravens pass heavy]

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Hard for me to trust Woodhead and really, the entire Baltimore offense.

Woodhead with a hammy...Flacco with back issue...I worry about chemistry. On the road against a division rival as well.

My gut tells me this could be a clunky, dysfunctional offensive game where Mr. Tucker gets the points.

Not starting him, but very excited to watch for a few things tomorrow.

1.) Redzone snaps

2.) 3rd down snaps

3.) Possibility of eating into TWest snaps? Like he did in SD?...

Justin Forsett redux?

Will have to find out...

Have him on the bench. It's a tempting flex option, but it's hard to say how tomorrow is going to play out. Also looking forward to seeing how the Ravens use Woodhead, though. I have fond memories of 2015 with this guy. Hopefully he can stay healthy because he could become a solid play in standard if he gets red zone time.

Tomorrow is the day when ALOT of question marks will be answered for Woodhead owners. He is arguably the most high profile pass catching rb on who could outperform most early down rb's if the Ravens come close to passing the ball 66% of the time as they did last season.