NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Danny Woodhead 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, floppy said:

he comes back week 11 off that kind of injury and u guys think he will be fine to play right away? I don't find that likely

I’ll likely be selling him before he even plays his first game. I have TY, Amari, and Snead but am still someone the 2nd highest points in the league, so I’m just trying to get trade value to upgrade TY without compromising my starting RB situation. 

3 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Is this guy worth the bench slot?

Would love to pick him back up in my 12 team 1/2PPR (drafted him then dropped after IR) but have Gronk, AB and Hogan all on bye week 9 so won't be able to pick him up until week 10 waivers.  Prefer Mack over him as a stash at this point.  Hopefully he will stay under the radar somehow. 

I picked him up off waivers. My team is fine as I don’t really have to worry about multiple players on a bye during the same week. 

I have decent rb depth but also took him to prevent a team that gets into the playoffs from snatching him and rostering, especially if they are lacking at the position. 

He should be decent in any ppr league. I’m assuming many people will scramble to get him after we watch the ravens on TNF. Again, I anticipate his name to be mentioned 2-3 times tomorrow and how much the team needs him back. 

3 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Yeah that's what I'm currently in. 12 man 1.0 PPR

You shouldn't even have to ask. Check the last page or so. Woodhead will most likely get all of Buck's work when he returns, and the vast majority of receptions out of the backfield. He could lead the team in targets and receptions for the rest of the season provided he stays healthy. That's high end RB2 value in a full point PPR league.

Not to mention that he can't come back until week 11.  So you're carrying dead weight for another 3 weeks.  It's not like the return of Danny Woodhead is going to make this Ravens offense a powerhouse.  They look pathetic.

Currently have Matt Breida, In the hope that Hyde would go down or get traded (not a Hyde owner)

Is it as simple as dropping Breida for Woodhead? Both will be dead weight for the next 3 weeks or so but with Breida theres 3 weeks for a Hyde injury. 

Or is this a no brainer and just jump on Woodhead?

Had him on IR since Week 1. Hoping for 12 ppg floor in PPR for Week 11-13. He looked like a huge part of the Ravens offense for 6 minutes before the injury. 

Maybe he'll help me sneak into the playoffs.

Edited by cousinal111

So people in redraft are really hanging on to him all this time? 

I still think 3 weeks is a long time to hold.  I know a lot of people play in leagues that have that IR spot.  Mine doesn't.  With bye weeks, it makes it hard to carry dead weight.

10 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

He's a guy to pounce on if you have an IR spot, but otherwise I think he's a solid grab next week - tons of teams are on bye this week, making it difficult to stash Woodhead for most right now.

or if you are like me, and spent nearly all your FAAB on Eric Decker and Marlon Mack... might have to pounce a bit early. 

I was only mildly excited about him, until skimming his game logs from 2015. before you even factor in rushing, he was good for 9-10 PPR points per game, minimum. James White on deer antler spray.  

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

6 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

or if you are like me, and spent nearly all your FAAB on Eric Decker and Marlon Mack... might have to pounce a bit early. 

I was only mildly excited about him, until skimming his game logs from 2015. before you even factor in rushing, he was good for 9-10 PPR points per game, minimum. James White on deer antler spray.  

For sure, but different team, different players, different QB.

So it looks like in game 1 of this season he caught 3 for 3 targets for 33 yards.  I think I recall reading he was injured in the first series of the season?  So he was targeted three times on the opening drive?

I don't know, this guy has had a serviceable/good PPR career, but he's older now and can't stay healthy.  Plus playing on a bad offense that has 3 other RBs.  I'm wondering if we're all just grasping on to the ghost of younger healthy Danny Woodhead.

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

For sure, but different team, different players, different QB.

So it looks like in game 1 of this season he caught 3 for 3 targets for 33 yards.  I think I recall reading he was injured in the first series of the season?  So he was targeted three times on the opening drive?

I don't know, this guy has had a serviceable/good PPR career, but he's older now and can't stay healthy.  Plus playing on a bad offense that has 3 other RBs.  I'm wondering if we're all just grasping on to the ghost of younger healthy Danny Woodhead.

Flacco was locked onto Woodhead that first drive. He was even targeted right by the GL on the play in which he suffered the injury - had he not gotten injured, it looked like it would have been a TD.

those other 3 RBs will be rendered irrelevant by his presence in the huddle ... it's been blatantly obvious from off season camps that Woodhead is going to be an integral part of this offense

this "4 headed monster" will be Alex Collins 8-12 carries with Woodhead handling everything else. Screwed with byes this week/next - will be using a waiver on Woodhead next week. Again, huge if - but if healthy, stud RB in PPR .