Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook


munde53
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

It's 3.3 ypc, btw. I doubt the Packers care what his ypc was last year

I think the Packers understand the line situation Ty was behind and the difference in run opposition between Dallas and most of the teams the Packers previously encountered.

 

Jones looked solid, but certainly not much better than Ty against Chicago; the one small sample of them in the same environment.

 

For the record, I have no dog in this fight.  I do find some of this Ty criticism to be silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Red Dog said:

 

If Ty was so good, why did GB draft two more RBs?  Because he's not a great runner.  Jones appears to be quicker and has more burst.  Ty will still contribute, just at a lesser extent.

 

They drafted Williams with the 134th pick and Jones with the 182nd pick. The pick to select Jones was also a compensatory pick. That tells us they probably had some confidence in TY and they decided to go cheap at the RB position. 

 

Eddie Lacy and Brandon Jackson were the last two Green Bay RBs to be drafted in the 2nd round and they obviously didnt pan out. Most of the best RBs they had in recent years have been drafted/acquired cheaply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anteater99 said:

Week 1: Ty behind Bakhtiara & Murphy - 19 for 54, 2.8 ypc
Week 3: Ty behind Bulaga & Murphy - 12 for 35, 2.9 ypc
Week 5: Jones behind Bulaga & Taylor - 19 for 125, 6.6 ypc

 

Week 2 and 4 omitted because neither Bakhtiara or Bulaga were active.

But in wks 2 and 4, Ty was respectively 10 for 35 yds and 5 for 28 yds before he got hurt.

 

 

so both week 1 and week 3 against top defenses,

week 2, team is in comeback mode the entire time only 10 carries

week 4, he is tearing up CHI for 10 yard chunks before a fluke injury

 

what exactly is your point.  in the 3 full games he played he found a way  to be productive regardless of game script or the opposing defense.  he had 1 bad game against a touch defense (even the best have bad games, so you can't really hold it against him).  and in his forth game he was on his way to another dominating performance.

 

Jones is in a no win situation for fantasy, if he performs bad he is tossed aside as trash, if he does good it will be because he got to go against 2 bad defenses.  he only did what was expected of him.

 

it is foolish to dismiss Jones' performance as purely matchup, just as it is equally foolish to think Jones' has completely taken over for Monte.

 

what i think is more likely to happen is that Jones will cut into Monte's snaps the most when GB has the game in hand in an effort to keep him fresher, which means the loss of garbage time points for Monte. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

 

so both week 1 and week 3 against top defenses,

week 2, team is in comeback mode the entire time only 10 carries

week 4, he is tearing up CHI for 10 yard chunks before a fluke injury

 

what exactly is your point. 

Nothing dude, just keep explaining away bad performances. Like I said already in this thread, in a couple weeks one side (team tymont or team jones) will be laughing at the other. None of us know any better than anyone else. It's all speculation. But don't let that simple fact stop anyone from getting butthurt because of fantasy football.

 

One guy blames their top FOUR tackles being out for tymont's 3.3 ypc, I go back and find the games where at least one of their usual starting tackles played, ty mont actually did worse than 3.3, but nah we got more excuses for that. On top of that, massive heaping piles of condescension and unwarranted certainty about the future carries split in the GB backfield.

 

Go outside, guys. Get some fresh air. In the grand scheme of things, his s--- doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Anteater99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anteater99 said:

Nothing dude, just keep explaining away bad performances. Like I said already in this thread, in a couple weeks one side (team tymont or team jones) will be laughing at the other. None of us know any better than anyone else. It's all speculation. But don't let that simple fact stop anyone from getting butthurt because of fantasy football.

 

 

that is comical team jones and team monte, guess you're too blinded by your fantasy bias, it is going to end up being a time share. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anteater99 said:

Nothing dude, just keep explaining away bad performances. Like I said already in this thread, in a couple weeks one side (team tymont or team jones) will be laughing at the other. None of us know any better than anyone else. It's all speculation. But don't let that simple fact stop anyone from getting butthurt because of fantasy football.

 

 

that is comical team jones and team monte, guess you're too blinded by your fantasy bias, it is going to end up being a time share. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Panthor said:

 

 

that is comical team jones and team monte, guess you're too blinded by your fantasy bias, it is going to end up being a time share. 

Cool man. Glad you can see the future, good for you. Yeah, team jones, team monte, I'm not sure why that's comical, that's clearly what's happening in this thread. Guess you're too blinded by your fantasy bias.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

 

that is comical team jones and team monte, guess you're too blinded by your fantasy bias, it is going to end up being a time share. 

So what if it's a time share.  Almost every team is in a time share except for maybe a few.  Jones should still eat from here on out and so shall Montgomery.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Cool man. Glad you can see the future, good for you. Yeah, team jones, team monte, I'm not sure why that's comical, that's clearly what's happening in this thread. Guess you're too blinded by your fantasy bias.

 

it's comical, because of the hard stances people are taking leaving no middle ground which is where most of these things end up. 

 

6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

So what if it's a time share.  Almost every team is in a time share except for maybe a few.  Jones should still eat from here on out and so shall Montgomery.   

 

guess you missed the entire point.  i wasn't disputing Jones' value

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Funkenstein said:

Its too bad hes going to split time....at best.

 

He is a superior RB to Montgomery.  I dont even think its close, actually.

Eh give it time.  In one week he's already worked himself into a time share.  Jones owners should be ecstatic about the results so far.  Even if he's going to split time "at best" he'll still be a viable flex option at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Its too bad hes going to split time....at best.

 

He is a superior RB to Montgomery.  I dont even think its close, actually.

15 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Eh give it time.  In one week he's already worked himself into a time share.  Jones owners should be ecstatic about the results so far.  Even if he's going to split time "at best" he'll still be a viable flex option at least. 

Im not even really talking about fantasy results.  

 

Jones looks like a far superior RB out there and probably makes GB a better offense because of it.  If Im a Packers fan, I want him running the ball.

Edited by Funkenstein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

Jones is in a no win situation for fantasy, if he performs bad he is tossed aside as trash, if he does good it will be because he got to go against 2 bad defenses.  he only did what was expected of him.

 

:huh:

 

If what is expected of him by his coaches is 6.5 ypc on 19 carries then they must think the kid is even better than those hyped about him on these boards do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

 

:huh:

 

If what is expected of him by his coaches is 6.5 ypc on 19 carries then they must think the kid is even better than those hyped about him on these boards do. 

 

 

expected of him as in he has a good game against a defense that can be run on,  also i'm referring to the fantasy community, not his coaches.  so damn myopic, god forbid an opinion that isn't fanatical in a thread.  such a downgrade from what i remember these forums use to be like,  where you can actually have a discussion with multiple points of view and there was value, now it's just torches and pitch forks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Im not even really talking about fantasy results.  

 

Jones looks like a far superior RB out there and probably makes GB a better offense because of it.  If Im a Packers fan, I want him running the ball.

 

The problem is ARod loves his numbers and doesnt like running the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

Aaron has a big ego for sure, but he wins...not sure it's about his numbers as much as it is that he loves to win. 

The ego is part of what makes him great. He's better than you and he knows it.

 

Good running game helps him, it doesn't hurt him. He doesn't necessarily want to drop back 60 times a game like last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

 

expected of him as in he has a good game against a defense that can be run on,  also i'm referring to the fantasy community, not his coaches.  so damn myopic, god forbid an opinion that isn't fanatical in a thread.  such a downgrade from what i remember these forums use to be like,  where you can actually have a discussion with multiple points of view and there was value, now it's just torches and pitch forks

 

You're the one downplaying a 19 carry 6.5 ypc performance from a rookie in his first NFL start as "expected," that's just dumb. 

Edited by furbz420
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Funkenstein said:

Im not even really talking about fantasy results.  

 

Jones looks like a far superior RB out there and probably makes GB a better offense because of it.  If Im a Packers fan, I want him running the ball.

6 quarters man - 4 of which were against Dallas. He could just as easily look ineffective vs Minnesota and this is all for nothing. 

 

 

Im sure the packers are ready to just discard TyMo and hand the reigns to Jones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

 

You're the one downplaying a 19 carry 6.5 ypc performance from a rookie in his first NFL start as "expected," that's just dumb. 

 

no, i'm not downplaying anything. i said he was expected to have a good game against DAL.  how is that downplaying anything?  reading comprehension for the lose

 

 

the expectation for performance before a game takes nothing away from the actual performance. 

 

what part of that statement is inaccurate?  did people in the thread not have expectations of a good game because of a good matchup?  did people not think he could have around 100 yards and a touch down?  so what's the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Panthor said:

 

no, i'm not downplaying anything. i said he was expected to have a good game against DAL.  how is that downplaying anything?  reading comprehension for the lose

 

 

the expectation for performance before a game takes nothing away from the actual performance. 

 

what part of that statement is inaccurate?  did people in the thread not have expectations of a good game because of a good matchup?  did people not think he could have around 100 yards and a touch down?  so what's the problem?

 

Literally nobody expected 100 yards and a TD. Look how many people said he wouldn't even start. Or he'd be in a committee with Williams. Or that Rodgers would just abandon the rookie RBs and throw it every down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...