NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Cue the posts about what a hack Demovsky is.

Aaron Jones - RB - Packers

ESPN's Rob Demovsky believes the Packers could start Aaron Jones regardless of Ty Montgomery's (ribs) status.

Source: ESPN
Oct 11 - 7:19 PM

It just doesn’t stop does it?  Watch him blow up against the Vikings and the excuse will be that the Vikings didn’t plan for him. 

Ty still has broken ribs, they'll have to shoot him up before he can play.  It also means Ty won't play much in the second half.

AJ should have enough work this week to be a good start, book it.

Ron Demovsky has an interesting article on his Twitter feed "Packers may have their one-two RB punch in T Mont and AJ" I can only post a link to his Twitter feed because ESPN insists on redirecting my to their app to read the article. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobDemovsky?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

The most interesting and concerning part of the article to me is this:

"[TM + AJ] could give Mike McCarthy the one-two punch in the backfield  he has long talked about."

McCarthy: "I hope to have a one-four punch. That's why we drafted three running bscks. But it takes time."

McCarthy: "But this is not a One man show. It's going to take them all so I want to be able make hard decisions about who's going to be on the 46 there. That's what this league is all about. Ultimately, we haven't had that this year. But that's what good football teams do." 

Sounds like the Pack could be trying to build a Pats-style RBBC and have only been delayed in doing so because 3/4ths of their guys are rookies. Did not like reading this.

I am wondering what the "on the 46" was in reference too. Was there a critical play last week on the 46 yard line? Might have just been a throw away comment but maybe a clue?

Edited by FreakFries
21 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Ron Demovsky has an interesting article on his Twitter feed "Packers may have their one-two RB punch in T Mont and AJ" I can only post a link to his Twitter feed because ESPN insists on redirecting my to their app to read the article. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobDemovsky?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

"[TM + AJ] could give Mike McCarthy the one-two punch in the backfield  he has long talked about."

McCarthy: "I hope to have a one-four punch. That's why we drafted three running bscks. But it takes time."

McCarthy: "But this is not a One man show. It's going to take them all so I want to be able make hard decisions about who's going to be on the 46 there. That's what this league is all about. Ultimately, we haven't had that this year. But that's what good football teams do." 

Sounds like the Pack could be trying to build a Pats-style RBBC and have only been delayed in doing so because 3/4ths of their guys are rookies. Did not like reading this.

I am wondering what the "on the 46" was in reference too. Was there a critical play last week on the 46 yard line? Might have just been a throw away comment but maybe a clue?

46 is the # of active players you can have for a game

32 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I'm telling you guys: Jones is the Freeman, Ty will be the Coleman. 

It's uncanny how similar they both are to the ATL backs. Jones is almost a carbon copy of Freeman.

46 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Williams took 2 snaps last week.  McCarthy has always been a featured back guy.  I don't care what he says.

6 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Williams took 2 snaps last week.  McCarthy has always been a featured back guy.  I don't care what he says.

My only concern is if aj knows the playbook well enough. Don't understand why they would give Williams a big share of touches when ty comes back... If they did not do it against Dallas when they only had 2 backs. Maybe he was going with the hot hand. But that's not at all the same as a 4 way split. Unrelated - I'm not that familiar with the packers, don't know who #4 is. 

1 hour ago, RoboFroogs said:

That's not necessarily true. He used to rotate series between Lacy and Starks back when Lacy was a 1000 yard rusher. 

He only did that because Lacy needed to eat a quarter pounder every other series. 

Edited by TheDoctor

K. Hunt 2.0

------

Evan SilvaVerified account @evansilva
FollowingFollowing @evansilva
More

Evan Silva Retweeted Ben Fennell

Great college tape ☑️ Great college production ☑️ Great athlete ☑️ Great NFL offense ☑️ Bellcow usage ☑️

Evan Silva added,

Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL

Aaron Jones had a damn good combine...
40yd 4.56
Vertical 37.5 - 2nd
Broad 127" - 3rd
3 Cone 6.82 - 2nd
20yd 4.20 - 3rd
60yd 11.53 - 3rd

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

McCarthy did mention "young guys" and things "taking time" in that Demovsky article. AJ also said he ran the wrong rout on that awesome catch he made in Dallas.  They could take it slow while he gets the playbook down. 

I noticed he was open often and Rodgers didn’t hit him. Perhaps he was constantly running wrong routes. lol