NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

19 minutes ago, ToomuchD said:

Let's say Ty plays, which it looks like he will. What kind of touches do you expect for Jones? 12-15? If so, I am still rolling him out (my rb situation is dreadful).

I own Zeke and Demarco Murray so, yeah, I'll be rolling him out for the foreseeable future.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, ToomuchD said:

Let's say Ty plays, which it looks like he will. What kind of touches do you expect for Jones? 12-15? If so, I am still rolling him out (my rb situation is dreadful).

I'm rolling him out there in hopes that all of us are right that Jones will hold the early down role but honestly..i have no idea what the believe.  I would imagine sat and sunday we will start to see more reports about his usage expectation.  No one really knows that the plans are though unless you are in the packers coaching room.  At this point, if Ty plays i would say Jones is as likely to get 20 touches as he is 2. 

We all know FF isn't logical.

Facts:

Ty has multiple broken ribs.

Fractured ribs take, typically, 6 weeks to heal.

Jones did well holding down the fort.

They are at the top of their division.

You want to allow the injury to heal correctly.

As a RB, there isn't a way to protect from more impacts in that area.

The injury occurred, what, 2 weeks ago?

Trent Richardson had fractured ribs and he played through the injury with the help of a flak jacket. 

Browns running back Trent Richardson revealed today that he played most of his rookie season with broken ribs and still can’t lie on his right side or his back because it’s too painful. Richardson was hurt Oct. 14 against the Cincinnati Bengals, but he and the Browns said he suffered a rib cartilage injury. With the season wrapped up, Richardson admitted two or three of his ribs were broken. “Sometimes it’s hard to shift positions, twist, catch balls on my shoulder,” said Richardson, the third overall pick in the 2012 draft. “It was real tough because it limits you from a lot. You can’t really cut like you want to or you can’t really make the body movement like you want to. You can’t squeeze through the hole like you want to. You can’t really get full burst ‘cause your feet hitting the ground, it’s impacting all of that. It hurts a lot, especially when you get punched and you get hit in that side. Some guys on the ground want to do other stuff, want to come in and land on your ribs, which really hurts. It impacts a lot.”

The injury affects him off the field, too. He props himself up to sleep. “For the first three or four weeks, I think I had people help me get dressed and help me in the shower and everything,” Richardson said. “So it was tough.”

Which means they will probably throw TY out there for 35 carries.

Edited by Sternes

6 minutes ago, Sternes said:

We all know FF isn't logical.

Facts:

Ty has multiple broken ribs.

Fractured ribs take typically 6 weeks to heal.

Jones did well holding down the fort.

They are at the top of their division.

You want to allow the injury to heal correctly.

As a RB there isn't a way to protect from more impacts in that area.

Trent Richardson had fractured ribs and he played through the injury with the help of a flak jacket. 

Browns running back Trent Richardson revealed today that he played most of his rookie season with broken ribs and still can’t lie on his right side or his back because it’s too painful. Richardson was hurt Oct. 14 against the Cincinnati Bengals, but he and the Browns said he suffered a rib cartilage injury. With the season wrapped up, Richardson admitted two or three of his ribs were broken. “Sometimes it’s hard to shift positions, twist, catch balls on my shoulder,” said Richardson, the third overall pick in the 2012 draft. “It was real tough because it limits you from a lot. You can’t really cut like you want to or you can’t really make the body movement like you want to. You can’t squeeze through the hole like you want to. You can’t really get full burst ‘cause your feet hitting the ground, it’s impacting all of that. It hurts a lot, especially when you get punched and you get hit in that side. Some guys on the ground want to do other stuff, want to come in and land on your ribs, which really hurts. It impacts a lot.”

The injury affects him off the field, too. He props himself up to sleep. “For the first three or four weeks, I think I had people help me get dressed and help me in the shower and everything,” Richardson said. “So it was tough.”

Which means they will probably throw TY out there for 35 carries.

You forgot to add that the Packers have a bye next week meaning sitting TY would give him extra time to heal properly. 

I agree though that this is a recipe for TY to get 100% of the snaps. 

EDIT: Packers bye is week 8

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

3 hours ago, the_dying_dream said:

I think you sit both if you can and see how things turn out..anything can happen here..including Monty getting injured again. Hard RB matchup fyi

Packers should be ahead for most of the game so I dont think its a bad matchup. Short week, no Diggs etc.

I have both Ty and Jones and Im playing Jones with confidence.

21 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

What about them? They seem like a more real life defense then a fantasy one. I had them for a month,  can't sack anyone, can't force any INTs, etc. 

Well, they don't give up a lot of running back points...

17 minutes ago, C10 said:

Well, they don't give up a lot of running back points...

The Packers usually run well against the Vikings.  They get caught up on stopping Rodgers.  All depends on game script though.  If the Packers get a huge lead early they will start running, the the Vikes will shut it down because McCarthy gets predictable in those situations. 

Edited by iheartrubio

Is the Viking D difficult?  Yes, they are.  Are they impossible to run on?  Well, Howard was one close holding call away from 20-120-1 last week.  Even without the TD run, he still averaged four yards a carry.  And that was on a team that did not have a Hall of Fame QB to keep the D honest.  So I'd say no, they aren't impossible to run on.  

8 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Is the Viking D difficult?  Yes, they are.  Are they impossible to run on?  Well, Howard was one close holding call away from 20-120-1 last week.  Even without the TD run, he still averaged four yards a carry.  And that was on a team that did not have a Hall of Fame QB to keep the D honest.  So I'd say no, they aren't impossible to run on.  

7548B9E4-0467-465D-932B-35F5A8F113B0.jpeg

With each passing blurb I'm getting more and more the feeling of what others have been Saying. 

We are all excited and it makes total sense jones would get more work but he will end up getting three touches while Montgomery gets 20 carries for 20 yards and the excuse will be that "ty is our guy" or "ty has done a lot of good things for us" as the lame explanation 

Not too worried about Ty Montgomery.  Montgomery sees he is getting Wally Pipped, so he is desperate to get back on the field.  It ain't gonna work.  If I had Aaron Jones rostered, and I dearly wish I did, I would be playing him with confidence.

8 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

With each passing blurb I'm getting more and more the feeling of what others have been Saying. 

We are all excited and it makes total sense jones would get more work but he will end up getting three touches while Montgomery gets 20 carries for 20 yards and the excuse will be that "ty is our guy" or "ty has done a lot of good things for us" as the lame explanation 

if the packers risk injuring/re-injuring ty further by giving him a bunch of carries, it's most likely the issue with the other guys (aaron jones) only knowing a part of the playbook

my $0.02

different story if they put jones in there and he can't get it going, then they give ty the lions share of the carries the rest of the way. if ty comes out and he is getting 80%+ of the snaps i think it's about knowing the offense. dude ty has broken ribs. 

but we will know soon enough, the suspense is not really killing me at all. i like having jones on my roster no matter what, he will stay there unless he goes on ir.

Edited by Anteater99

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not too worried about Ty Montgomery.  Montgomery sees he is getting Wally Pipped, so he is desperate to get back on the field.  It ain't gonna work.  If I had Aaron Jones rostered, and I dearly wish I did, I would be playing him with confidence.

this is the smartest thing i've read in this thread. no surprise that it comes from a guy who is objective in the whole ty vs jones thing we have going on.

Edited by Anteater99