NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

2 hours ago, Red Dog said:

My guess is after the shot wears off, Ty will play sparingly in the second half.  Still prefer Jones tomorrow.

I have both TY and Jones and Im stilling playing Jones without hesitation. Vikings are on a short week with no Diggs. I think the Packers are in control the whole game, with Jones getting 80 yards and a TD.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Jones is expected to split carries with Ty Montgomery (ribs) this week.

This adds workload concern for Jones coming off his breakout Week 5. Montgomery practiced fully and will play with a flak jacket. The Packers haven’t used a committee this year, with Jones and Montgomery dominating snaps in their starts, but it sounds like both could have roles. Jones has outplayed Montgomery and is the better bet for carries.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Ty Montgomery (questionable, ribs) will start against the Vikings in Week 6.

Per Anderson, he's expected to split backfield work with fifth-round rookie Aaron Jones, who impressed with 125 yards in last week's win over Dallas. Montgomery is likely to play with a flak jacket for extra protection after breaking "multiple" ribs in Week 4. With TyMont and Jones expected to work in a 50/50 timeshare, both are risky fantasy bets for Week 6.

Oct 15 - 9:59 AM

My first 6 round picks in the fantasy snake draft in a 14 team league are all on bye (rounds 1 through 4) or injured (Parker and Diggs in rounds 5 and 6), so while a time sharing RB going up against the Vikings defense isn't the ideal recipe for fantasy success....I'm rolling Jones out there. Thinking 60 yards and a single trip to the endzone will be a decent fantasy day and not an unlikely outcome.

1 minute ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I'm not even sure what to do with him anymore. I want to play him but a timeshare against the Vikings is not a recipe for success. Similar dilemma with McGuire against the pats 

I've got the same choice, going with McGuire because Pats D looks softer against the run.  Packers offense is so much more productive though, it's kind of a coin flip for those of us forced to start one of these guys.

I had him in my lineup till I heard Ty was suiting up. As others have said, Ty could be nothing more than a decoy so that the opposing D has to spend some time game planning against him. Or maybe he actually feels pretty good (somehow) and is ready to go.

It sucks for A. Jones owners, but I think it's also telling that Ty is willing to play before the bye week.....A.Jones has clearly shown enough to worry Ty about his role going forward.

Sitting A. Jones, but very interested in watching this game and how the backfield situation develops.

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Jones is expected to split carries with Ty Montgomery (ribs) this week.

This adds workload concern for Jones coming off his breakout Week 5. Montgomery practiced fully and will play with a flak jacket. The Packers haven’t used a committee this year, with Jones and Montgomery dominating snaps in their starts, but it sounds like both could have roles. Jones has outplayed Montgomery and is the better bet for carries.

NOT TRUE, the injured tackles that ty mont ran behind were more injured when ty ran behind him than when aaron jones ran behind him

also sean lee didn't play for the cowboys that's why jones went off

also i cry myself to sleep at night because poor ty 

Edited by Anteater99

3 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

AJ is the Packers best runner even when Ty is 100%, prefer he had the backfield to himself, but the TD upside is still there.

Edited by Red Dog

im flexing him...

im trusting marshall faulk .. he just said on gameday morning that he's the guy to carry the bulk and run between tackles ...

he also said that ty montgomery didnt look good as a rb, and aaron jones is special 

and i think there is no way that goal line carries ends up with a guy with multiple ribs broken

9 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

AJ is the Packers best runner even when Ty is 100%, prefer he had the backfield to himself, but the TD upside is still there.

Yeah but that bears game last year.   lol. As a full blown packers fanatic and watching every game, not just highlights, it’s obvious who the better rb is.   Ty should be used like Duke Johnson is being used.  Also, Cleveland is using Duke Johnson wrong. Haha

Edited by iheartrubio

15 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

If I was GB and both were active, knowing Ty WAS a wide receiver, I would run plays with AJ and Ty on the field, but like up Ty as a receiver decoy. Prevents injury risk but also forces opponents to game plan for him.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to write LINE* him up as a receiver, not like.

49 minutes ago, konstao said:

im flexing him...

im trusting marshall faulk .. he just said on gameday morning that he's the guy to carry the bulk and run between tackles ...

he also said that ty montgomery didnt look good as a rb, and aaron jones is special 

and i think there is no way that goal line carries ends up with a guy with multiple ribs broken

totally man. this isn't cincinatti, the packers coaches don't do dumb s---

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I'm not even sure what to do with him anymore. I want to play him but a timeshare against the Vikings is not a recipe for success. Similar dilemma with McGuire against the pats 

Same dilemma here. But who has a better chance of being on the right side of a game script as it pertains to running game overall? It’s obvious, isn’t it?

Is there a chance that the Packers refocus their team to be a run-heavy team now?  If so perhaps Aaron Jones has low-end RB2 value?  Or is McCarthy too obsessed with Montgomery to not let him have half the carries. 

I'm in trouble with Fournette injury (hopefully he plays) and Zeke suspension.  I guess I'm looking for a silver lining.  At this point I feel like one of the backup Cowboys RBs will be a better start than Jones. 

16 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

Is there a chance that the Packers refocus their team to be a run-heavy team now?  If so perhaps Aaron Jones has low-end RB2 value?  Or is McCarthy too obsessed with Montgomery to not let him have half the carries. 

I'm in trouble with Fournette injury (hopefully he plays) and Zeke suspension.  I guess I'm looking for a silver lining.  At this point I feel like one of the backup Cowboys RBs will be a better start than Jones. 

I get that same feeling... and I'm skeptical that Ty Montgomery warrants it.  He's an interesting player who I can see being a unique asset in PPR (the true definition of a flex?) but between the tackles I don't think he has elite goods. 

Jones on the other hand... he's a little small... but in a perfect world, maybe he can be an Abdullah/Zeke hybrid? (to be fair: maybe a lick of Julius Jones, too)

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS