NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

13 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

Is there a chance that the Packers refocus their team to be a run-heavy team now?  If so perhaps Aaron Jones has low-end RB2 value?  Or is McCarthy too obsessed with Montgomery to not let him have half the carries. 

I'm in trouble with Fournette injury (hopefully he plays) and Zeke suspension.  I guess I'm looking for a silver lining.  At this point I feel like one of the backup Cowboys RBs will be a better start than Jones. 

I'm holding.  Hard to tell what GB is going to do now, but the offense has to change with Rodgers out.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/15/2017 at 8:19 AM, Anteater99 said:

NOT TRUE, the injured tackles that ty mont ran behind were more injured when ty ran behind him than when aaron jones ran behind him

also sean lee didn't play for the cowboys that's why jones went off

also i cry myself to sleep at night because poor ty 

Hey remember when this is exactly what happened

8 minutes ago, Queequeg said:

I can't predict who'll be available after Week 7, but looking at the current wavier wire in my league, I'd target Darkwa and JuJu-Smith Schuster for that bench spot.

given the onslaught on injuries wouldn't be surprising to find some very useful pieces every week

So many variables here. No Rodgers is certainly not a positive development. But it may lead to a forced emphasis on the run game? The even worse development that Rodgers is that 2 pro-bowl tackles re-injured themselves yesterday and a very solid guard went down. They have very little depth but most teams could not survive this series of events. Monty looked bad yesterday and just isn't a great natural runner, Jones is better and he has a chance to be the centerpiece of a gameplan now. He's clearly a firm hold and it will be interesting to see how he's utilized v NO next week.