NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, D money said:

I really like him but am considering trading him to handcuff zeke with Morris (although I have DMC). I’m very torn. What do you guys think about his ROS outlook in ppr?

I would in no way shape or form do that. Aaron Jones is probably more valuable than either cuff. Honestly I think Rod Smith takes the job too. Then you've traded Jones for essentially nothing. 

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

First time playing fantasy football? ;) 

a perceived correlation between "media hype" and underperformance in the past also has no bearing on a correlation moving forward.

sorry i don't live in fantasyland. send me a postcard plz. watch out for the ghouls and goblins and dont step on the cracks in the sidewalk

Edited by Anteater99
3 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that, per say. 

No, that's pretty much exactly what Newton was saying, but my posting about it was a collective "jesus christ" at this whole forum not being able to live in reality. Not really anything about this thread in particular.

The mindset of the typical fantasy player is obtuse and not charming at all but people apparently think it is. OMG i dropped a guy of course he is going to go off. OMG i just picked up this player off the waiver wire, i already lost 2 guys to IR so this guy is going to get hurt too. This is the same mindset that leads idiots to think it's cool to tweet injured athletes about their own fantasy team. Act like adults. 

4 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

1000+ total yard plus 8 TD's per year between 2014-2016 (and that's while playing only 13 games in 2014, and 12 games in 2015)

Don't get me wrong, folks: I like Jones. Hard to find a great player comp... maybe a hybrid of Ameer Abdullah and Ezekiel Elliott, with a splash of Doug Martin?? 

Imho, those numbers don't qualify as beasting :). Nice back, and I wouldn't fuss if Jones became an Ingram clone though. 

3 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

a perceived correlation between "media hype" and underperformance in the past also has no bearing on a correlation moving forward.

sorry i don't live in fantasyland. send me a postcard plz. watch out for the ghouls and goblins and dont step on the cracks in the sidewalk

That was a joke. 

Hence the the smiley face. 

Copied and pasted from the Ty thread, just MHO:

I am waiting to see how GB uses Jones and Ty tonight before making any decisions. 

For all we know GB decided to see what they could do moving forward with Jones and Hundley two weeks ago.  Rodgers gone and the inexperienced Hundley taking over, they were trying to see what they had as far as playing ball control football. 

They lost that game. With the week off I assume they went back to the drawing board in practice and worked on some different things to get the offense moving. Jones rushing for 100+ yards each week is great and all but if Hundley can’t get 100 yards passing they aren’t winning any ball games.

This defense and running game isn’t good enough to win games so I expect GB to show us soemthing different than we saw from them their last few games. What that is I have no idea but I doubt the plan is to have Hundley be Dilfer to Jones Jamal Lewis. 

9 minutes ago, billydough said:

I am waiting to see how GB uses Jones and Ty tonight before making any decisions. 

For all we know GB decided to see what they could do moving forward with Jones and Hundley two weeks ago.  Rodgers gone and the inexperienced Hundley taking over, they were trying to see what they had as far as playing ball control football. 

They lost that game. With the week off I assume they went back to the drawing board in practice and worked on some different things to get the offense moving. Jones rushing for 100+ yards each week is great and all but if Hundley can’t get 100 yards passing they aren’t winning any ball games.

This defense and running game isn’t good enough to win games so I expect GB to show us soemthing different than we saw from them their last few games. What that is I have no idea but I doubt the plan is to have Hundley be Dilfer to Jones Jamal Lewis. 

They arent going back to TY as the featured back barring injury

15 minutes ago, billydough said:

They certainly can't throw the ball all night because they would risk falling behind. This team is not built for playing from behind right now. Got to pound the rock keep it close til the 4th.

Detroit should stick to the gameplan on defense they had against the Steelers.  Stop the run, dare them to throw.  With a lesser QB for the Packers and a weaker defense for the Lions offense to exploit, it should be a winning strategy.

Lions actually doing that?  A pretty big "if".