NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Detroit should stick to the gameplan on defense they had against the Steelers.  Stop the run, dare them to throw.  With a lesser QB for the Packers and a weaker defense for the Lions offense to exploit, it should be a winning strategy.

Lions actually doing that?  A pretty big "if".

That has to be the game plan at least for the first half.  Stack guys up front and make Hundley beat them.  Just have to see if it works. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Detroit should stick to the gameplan on defense they had against the Steelers.  Stop the run, dare them to throw.  With a lesser QB for the Packers and a weaker defense for the Lions offense to exploit, it should be a winning strategy.

Lions actually doing that?  A pretty big "if".

That’s exactly what they should do this game especially with Huntley in there. They did a great  job of slowing down Bell last week BUT because football makes no sense, Jones will probably have a MONSTER game to defy logic. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

That has to be the game plan at least for the first half.  Stack guys up front and make Hundley beat them.  Just have to see if it works. 

We are talking about the Lions though.  The team that got Matt Flynn a fat contract off a single game.  The team that this year went for it on 4th and goal at the 1 and didn't kick a FG for the lead, but then on 4th and goal at the one down a TD, took the FG later in the game.  The Lions man, the Lions.

5 minutes ago, Sternes said:

We are talking about the Lions though.  The team that got Matt Flynn a fat contract off a single game.  The team that this year went for it on 4th and goal at the 1 and didn't kick a FG for the lead, but then on 4th and goal at the one down a TD, took the FG later in the game.  The Lions man, the Lions.

Actually it was the Seattle Seahawks that's signed Matt Flynn to a fat contract he never played for lions, back when Seattle had tavaris Jackson as the qb

Just now, gus030 said:

Actually it was the Seattle Seahawks that's signed Matt Flynn to a fat contract he never played for lions, back when Seattle had tavaris Jackson as the qb

He’s talking about when Flynn hung 500+ and 6 touchdowns on the Lions.  That game got him paid. 

Just now, gus030 said:

MMm5K_s-200x150.gif

Who did he play?  The Lions. 

I’ve been watching the game and own both.

Ty Montgomery comes in as Third down back and runs the two minute drill. Aaron Jones plays the rest.

That said I would be really careful starting Jones. I would look for games that you think the Packers will lead in. If not he will not get fed.

2 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

I’ve been watching the game and own both.

Ty Montgomery comes in as Third down back and runs the two minute drill. Aaron Jones plays the rest.

That said I would be really careful starting Jones. I would look for games that you think the Packers will lead in. If not he will not get fed.

We we only can play him against TB?  I’m not sure they could beat the Browns...

Just now, burninglegs said:

So like never until Rodgers comes back?

Pretty much but they will feed him against inferior teams just to walk away with Wins.

Take in mind they still play the: Browns, Bears and Bucs