NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

i guess you are just going by the box score williams didnt even come on the field till late 4th when the game was over 

Yeah that was one of those plays where Jones owners cheered at the garbage TD only to hear that it was Williams randomly showing up to get the goal line TD lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please somebody drop this guy so I can pick him up! 

That first drive last night was good until the missed field goal. Completely took the team out of it. 

Jones will be the back in gb with ty as well. 

Knowing MM and his tendencies, he will run run run to set up the pass going forward. Jones and ty will be fine! 

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

i guess you are just going by the box score williams didnt even come on the field till late 4th when the game was over 

I'm going by Jones would be out there for garbage time if he wasn't in the doghouse. First thing i said after the game was it will be interesting to see how they split first team snaps in practice. If aj gets a heavy dose then obviously he's not in the doghouse. If Jamaal gets a bunch of snaps which i expect then he just took ajs carries because he is better at pass pro. Regardless no packer is startable right now and like i said this is a DEEP LEAGUE and jw will have a spot on the bench next to rod smith until the packers stop sucking which i am not expecting 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ty when playing from behind, Aaron Jones while ahead?

Then it's TY all the way.  The only thing worst than Hundley is their defense.  

The biggest problem for Jones is he's not really trusted as an every down RB like Ty.  What I mean is Ty has running and pass plays called for him, where as Jones is more safety valve or blocker on passing plays. So if Jones is in, defenses play run, TY in the backfield keeps defenses guessing a bit more.  GB oline is not all that good either.

GB was totally dominated coming out of the bye, if I had TY i'd be playing him going forward.

Edited by Red Dog

I have been trying all season to find a decent RB to fill my David Johnson void and every time I think I may have found one they go and crap the bed/gameflow takes them out of it/coach wants to give some other guys some touches, blah blah blah. 

I missed his whopping 5 carries but did he look bad or was he just getting mauled at the LOS? I guess it doesn't really matter. Just another bad team running a RBBC. I wouldn't use Jones or Ty from this point forward unless they are playing an equally awful team.

10 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

WOW...things are never what they seem

Last night was a continuation of the season-long pattern.  All season Montgomery has posted slightly better ypc than Jones when they both play in a game.  Jones had two big games against horrible run defenses which Montgomery didn't have luxury of facing.

When they play a bad opponent that gives them the opportunity to establish the ground game, Jones will be useful.

I am going to hope this was just a bad game all around and still flex him against Chicago.  But it was definitely not the game Jones owners wanted to see.  Really looking like this will be a three man committee going forward unless someone can step up.  

MM is an idiot, he needs to be fired.  I've been calling for his head for years now but whatever.  It is inexcusable to give AJ 5 carries on the night.  MM just doesn't know what to do when he doesn't have Rodgers to bail his a** out.  He always talks about "trying to establish the running game", yet, he never does.  Or he runs it a handful of times and when then says, "welp, that isn't working, time to throw it!".  He isn't a good play-caller, he isn't good at making adjustments, he isn't good at anything really other than looking like a St. Bernard on the sidelines.  

I wouldn't focus on on the stat lines so much. Lots of Montgomery's opportunities were in the 2 minute drill and passing downs giving him much easier situations and fronts to rush on. 

Aaron Jones is a very talented back, every player no matter how talented is going to put up duds occasionally. It just so happens he is stuck on team with no QB now and negative game script. If you were in redraft you should of sold high. In keepers - I'm holding for dear life. 

1 hour ago, dre said:

MM is an idiot, he needs to be fired.  I've been calling for his head for years now but whatever.  It is inexcusable to give AJ 5 carries on the night.  MM just doesn't know what to do when he doesn't have Rodgers to bail his a** out.  He always talks about "trying to establish the running game", yet, he never does.  Or he runs it a handful of times and when then says, "welp, that isn't working, time to throw it!".  He isn't a good play-caller, he isn't good at making adjustments, he isn't good at anything really other than looking like a St. Bernard on the sidelines.  

I was thinking more along the lines he doesn't have a very good team to work with.  GBs oline and defense are below average, add an inexperienced QB and not many coaches would have faired better.

Rogers covered up a lot of those deficiencies.

Edited by Red Dog