NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Fortunately, you're all about to find out who is the better back because they'll be in direct competition ROS. Unfortunately, it's very possible neither of them is startable in fantasy. It also sounds like Rodgers will be back in weeks 15 and 16.

maybe im wrong but i dont see it being a competition 

not counting games when one or the other was hurt jones had 60 touches compared to williams only having 4 

Yeah, the Jones can't catch thing is completely false and people just looking at stats. I've seen most of balls he has been thrown and he is never been given the ball in space. Jones had Hundley when he was at his worst and was giving him passes with defenders draped all over him with no room to run.

19 hours ago, oban14 said:

I dropped a second TE to get him (cook) when the Ty IR news came out.  I don't know what your roster looks like but I really think you have to cut someone to get Jones if you own Williams.  Rodgers sounds like he's coming back, Ty is out of the picture and you want to own this backfield in the playoffs.

Just did the deed...Goodbye Williams, and hello Jones!  Crossing fingers.

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I picked up both Rodgers and Jones off waivers over the past few weeks. I seem to be unintentionally loading up on packers since I already had Adams. I think lots of championship teams will have some combination of packers players on them as they still need to win to get in. 

I just did the same exact thing. Hope it pays off.

1 hour ago, whadeeb said:

me to...got jones, williams, and rodgers.

I think Williams starts this week 

He’s definitely starting this week - Jones is just three weeks out from a torn MCL and may not even be active.

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He’s definitely starting this week - Jones is just three weeks out from a torn MCL and may not even be active.

I hope Jones goes inactive....I need to move him to IR (espn league) 

I need him for week 15...hoping Williams chokes out this week.

38 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Are we sure it was torn? 

Hah no we wouldn't be talking about him of it was torn.

Jones has missed the last two games after spraining his MCL against the Chicago Bears in Week 10.

Jones said last week that he only missed two games after suffering the same injury to his other knee in college at UTEP.

5 hours ago, damageinc said:

A packers RB  leading teams to the Fantasy Championship. ..Never . LOl JK. .. Samkon Gado , Rode  him to the championship and the win a few years ago. 

How ex-Packers phenom Samkon Gado became a doctor on a mission

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21185965/how-samkon-gado-went-being-green-bay-packers-phenom-doctor-mission

samkon_gado.jpg

Edited by Woonga24

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Hah no we wouldn't be talking about him of it was torn.

Jones has missed the last two games after spraining his MCL against the Chicago Bears in Week 10.

Jones said last week that he only missed two games after suffering the same injury to his other knee in college at UTEP.

To clarify: no it wasn’t completely torn - but a severe sprain that takes weeks to heal is a tear by definition.

Edited by BMcP