NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, BMcP said:

He’s definitely starting this week - Jones is just three weeks out from a torn MCL and may not even be active.

I’m starting Williams in PPR.  If Jones plays, I think it will be 10 or less carries this week.

GB’s offense is better with a passing back in there...  All bets are off when Rodgers returns.

Williams is going to dominate the backfield this week. Jones is nowhere near fully healthy. And when Jones is fully back I think it becomes more of an even split of touches. Jones was terrible as a receiver out of the backfield. Williams has been terrible as a runner. So they complement one another.

24 minutes ago, devaster said:

Williams is going to dominate the backfield this week. Jones is nowhere near fully healthy. And when Jones is fully back I think it becomes more of an even split of touches. Jones was terrible as a receiver out of the backfield. Williams has been terrible as a runner. So they complement one another.

Link please.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Stephen King refs...like it!  I don’t think that  you can trust him at all next week - Williams beasted again

Jones will get way more carries next week.  Williams was chugging along so they were able to let him ease in.  This backfield will be a mess though as far as fantasy is concerned. 

38 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Jones will get way more carries next week.  Williams was chugging along so they were able to let him ease in.  This backfield will be a mess though as far as fantasy is concerned. 

I disagree with you.

42 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

If anything it becomes more evenly split. But Jones still isn't healthy to handle much of a workload. Williams is playing well though.

Edited by devaster

1 hour ago, BRIGUY11 said:

This is gonna be a mess. Very rarely does a GB rb see 20 carries when Rodgers is under center ,this offense can’t support 2 productive rbs. Looking like next week will likely be the last week someone plays the workhorse role , my money is on Williams .

I think this was the last workhorse week.    Couple that with the fact that Clevelands run D is damn stout and it's a bad situation.

This has the definite potential of a mess - but MM is averse to committees.  I’m for someone emerging - I think we all are.  I just never thought it was as easy as AJ swinging in on a rope and reclaiming his old role no sweat.