NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, iheartrubio said:

I like to win, therefore I start winners.  lol.   Jones is ready to roll and will make hay this Sunday.

I hope you are right, I'll be thinking about you! 

Don't see how they get away from Williams right now though. 

9 hours ago, Bandito said:

Dont you mean "didn't this kid average eight fantasy points per carry last week"?  ;)

I think he meant “Didn’t this kid not see a single carry for over four quarters?”

Lots of Williams owners in here with wishful thinking. He didn't even practice fully last week once, he definitely wasn't 100%. Reminds me of when Ty first came back and barely played that first week, and everyone freaked out and was saying he was worthless. Needless to say, once Ty returned to health him and Jones started splitting work.

Do I have a crystal ball and know this will happen? No way, but would I feel comfortable starting Williams this week considering the circumstances? Absolutely not.

While metrics so far say Williams is the better pass catching back. DVOA is still clearly in Jones favor for running the ball, by something like 20% last I checked.

If this is a timeshare, consider me out. Panthers and Vikings doesn't provide a lot of upside. Rodgers will be a huge boost, but you don't want to be playing guessing games in the playoffs. That said, Packers haven't really done RBBC before, so it'll be interesting to watch. Hold for this week, but if no one emerges, I'd go with better options if ya got em for 15/16 in shallower leagues

The best pack beat guy (Rob Demosky) said he's certain that gb considers Jones their lead back. I still have to believe Williams has earned a significant role though. It's dicey trying to figure out whom to play. My RB2 situation is ugly and I am down to Jones and Ajayi for the spot this week.

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The best pack beat guy (Rob Demosky) said he's certain that gb considers Jones their lead back. I still have to believe Williams has earned a significant role though. It's dicey trying to figure out whom to play. My RB2 situation is ugly and I am down to Jones and Ajayi for the spot this week.

Do you have a link by chance?

1 hour ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

If this is a timeshare, consider me out. Panthers and Vikings doesn't provide a lot of upside. Rodgers will be a huge boost, but you don't want to be playing guessing games in the playoffs. That said, Packers haven't really done RBBC before, so it'll be interesting to watch. Hold for this week, but if no one emerges, I'd go with better options if ya got em for 15/16 in shallower leagues

1 hour ago, MovingTheChains said:

Own both and starting neither. Hoping that by 4PM Sunday I'll know which one to keep. If not, then might consider cutting both since the schedule for ROS is brutal.

I think we will have some clarity after this week.  I have the whole backfield in a dynasty and just want to see someone jump forward by August.

6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No need to worry.  Fire Jones up.   I find it laughable that some think Williams is now the front-runner when the eye test alone tells you that Jones is the guy.   That walk off run was all I needed to know that he will be a full go.   Jones will get over 50% of the carries and with his home run ability he's a must start.  I'm guessing McCarthy runs Williams as a 3rd down back this weekend, then if Rodgers comes back his Jones will see even more time as they run more uptempo. 

Edited by iheartrubio

Jones played two snaps. He didn’t touch the ball on the first one. He won the game on the second one.

“It says he’s ready to play,” Packers coach Mike McCarthy said of Jones. “I think the young man, you know, he’s comfortable. Jamaal has done a tremendous job. You never have enough good players, and it’ll be exciting to go forward with those two guys.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/260172/aaron-jones-earns-rehab-chain-joins-jamaal-williams-in-all-rookie-run-game

Quote from McCarthy after the game. Sounds like last game he may have been handled with kid gloves.

53 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

They'll probably run the ball 40 times. Williams and Jones will go 60/40 probably. If there's a player who will get more carries, it's going to be Williams. He looked too good these last two weeks to not give him more than Jones.

Jones is the better back and they know this.