NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

It says it was updated Dec 5... So Tues. Would have to assume Williams was atop the chart last week. 

Maybe ill start both lol. I think this is a significant thing

Edited by whadeeb

Obviously some reading the tea leaves here ... but it seems to me that the Packers are saying all the right things after Williams solid performance, but there's enough smoke floating around to make it sound like they'll take the first opportunity to get Jones way more involved.

If Williams struggles for even a couple series I think you'll see Jones get an extended look. It's hard not to want to see more of the guy after he's demonstrated the ability to break explosive plays.

Edited by LongBalls

15 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Does anyone think he will be the guy next year?

Seemed like a lock, now Williams is coming on and he will likely be suspended for his incident earlier this year.

Montgomery had a lock on the job, then he got injured.  Jones had a lock on the job, then he got injured.  Now Williams has a lock on the job, until he gets injured.  Neither Montgomery nor Jones were given any favoritism when they returned from injury.

They're all good and the coach has no loyalty, so avoid them all in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Montgomery had a lock on the job, then he got injured.  Jones had a lock on the job, then he got injured.  Now Williams has a lock on the job, until he gets injured.  Neither Montgomery nor Jones were given any favoritism when they returned from injury.

They're all good and the coach has no loyalty, so avoid them all in the draft.

Williams was the #2 until his injury earlier in the season. Only then did Jones climb the depth chart. Now Williams is too hot to bench. I like Williams more long-term because of his pass catching chops.