NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Jones 2017 Season Outlook

munde53

15 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Does anyone think he will be the guy next year?

Seemed like a lock, now Williams is coming on and he will likely be suspended for his incident earlier this year.

As I tend to do every year with the Green Bay backfield during my respective drafts...avoid.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

So let us throw out a hypothetical.......how do you play this guy in Championship week 16 without beforehand being named the starter? 

40 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Rodgers probably isn't starting, Adams might be out. Avoid all GB players against the Vikings in championship week. Hopefully you held onto Jones if you play dynasty, though. He's clearly better than Williams.

Aaron? 

54 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

So let us throw out a hypothetical.......how do you play this guy in Championship week 16 without beforehand being named the starter? 

Oh, there is no way you can. All my posts come with a dynasty / keeper perspective.

I'm posting more as something to monitor because I think Jones has a bright future in the league and could be had extremely cheap next year in redraft.

It is also relevant because it basically makes Williams untrustworthy as well.

I think this backfield could have some Kamara/Ingram lite type appeal to it if it turns into an even time share with Rodgers at the head opening plenty of running room with soft fronts. Maybe Burkhead/Dion Lewis would be a better comparison.

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

How do you play anyone coming off a 4-touch game in Championship Week?!!

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I wouldn't want to own any RB on the packers coming into next year. They got williams, TY, jones not to mention rodgers doesn't use his RBs. He gets to the goal line then audibles out to a pass play. No thanks.

Ok - but a lot of that trend is due to the fact that GB hasn’t had any semblance of a run game for years.

6 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I wouldn't want to own any RB on the packers coming into next year. They got williams, TY, jones not to mention rodgers doesn't use his RBs. He gets to the goal line then audibles out to a pass play. No thanks.

Pats use 3 backs, Lewis, White, Burkhead and all have value. They have been lacking talent in the backfield for years - that is not the case anymore.

Go back and look at the game logs of Ty Montgomery early in the year when both were healthy and tell me he does not use his RBs in the pass game.

Williams has the same skill set as well and Jones it still remains to be seen, but was a good receiver in college.

Edited by Dirtywater97

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Ok - but a lot of that trend is due to the fact that GB hasn’t had any semblance of a run game for years.

Lacy had one good year with them, Ryan grant from a few years back had one or two good years. But point is this is still rodgers team and he wants the ball in his hands. This is a 3 RB platoon heading into next year. One of these guys may emerge or they could use all 3. Its a pure coin flip situation. Even if one emerges these guys aren't winning the league for you. Its a situation to stay away from. Waste of a keeper pick. 

Edited by StevenSC400

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Lacy had one good year with them, Ryan grant from a few years back had one or two good years. But point is this is still rodgers team and he wants the ball in his hands. This is a 3 RB platoon heading into next year. One of these guys may emerge or they could use all 3. Its a pure coin flip situation. Even if one emerges these guys aren't winning the league for you. Its a situation to stay away from. Waste of a keeper pick. 

Lacy and Grant are no where near as talented as the options they have now. Maybe only when Lacy was a rookie before he gained all that weight.

9 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Wait, are we talking keepers?  If so, I’d agree there are plenty of safer options.  I was just addressing the question you raised regarding whether it would be worthwhile to invest in a GB RB next year.

5 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Lacy and Grant are no where near as talented as the options they have now. Maybe only when Lacy was a rookie before he gained all that weight.

Lacy was good his first year. I think you guys are missing the main point though. Jones, williams and TY have all looked good this year. I dont think any one of these guys really ran away with the job. So why would you want to risk using a keeper on a RB that has a 33% of being the lead back? Or worst case scenario they could use all 3 next year. Im just throwing my opinion out. Keep who you want. But I would stay far far away from this mess. 

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Wait, are we talking keepers?  If so, I’d agree there are plenty of safer options.  I was just addressing the question you raised regarding whether it would be worthwhile to invest in a GB RB next year.

Well yeah I was referring to someone above that posted you should hold on to jones in dynasty. But even in a redraft next year. Unless I can get one of these guys in like round 8 or later Im not wasting my pick on a coin flip.

Edited by StevenSC400

15 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Pats use 3 backs, Lewis, White, Burkhead and all have value. They have been lacking talent in the backfield for years - that is not the case anymore.

Go back and look at the game logs of Ty Montgomery early in the year when both were healthy and tell me he does not use his RBs in the pass game.

Williams has the same skill set as well and Jones it still remains to be seen, but was a good receiver in college.

And the patriots situation what is a good one to be in? Burkhead played the first half last week then just disappears all of the second half. No thanks to that group too. 

Edited by StevenSC400

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Lacy was good his first year. I think you guys are missing the main point though. Jones, williams and TY have all looked good this year. I dont think any one of these guys really ran away with the job. So why would you want to risk using a keeper on a RB that has a 33% of being the lead back? Or worst case scenario they could use all 3 next year. Im just throwing my opinion out. Keep who you want. But I would stay far far away from this mess. 

I mean it really depends on the format. I play auction and Jones is dirt cheap since he essentially went undrafted so I would be stupid not to keep him. I'm just saying there is value to be had in backfield on high scoring offenses.

Aaron Jones is one of the most elite runners in the game when it comes to DVOA and advanced metrics. Williams the same with pass catching metrics.

If you are wasting a high draft pick to keep one then no way. 

Edited by Dirtywater97

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

And the patriots situation what is a good one to be in? Burkhead played the first half last week then just disappears all of the second half. No thanks to that group too. 

Burkhead got hurt and left with an injury...

If you are referring to the Steeler's game.

Edited by Dirtywater97

3 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Rodgers probably isn't starting, Adams might be out. Avoid all GB players against the Vikings in championship week. Hopefully you held onto Jones if you play dynasty, though. He's clearly better than Williams.

Lol, you being serious??

19 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Im talking about vs miami. Last week. Every week is a new thing with these guys. 

I mean... he still had a good game regardless so I think that supports my point.

We will just agree to disagree. Ty Montgomery may not even factor in next year, but worse case scenario the workloads would play out similar to the Eagles/Patriots.

I think we can all agree that Jones is the best runner out of the three.  And seems like he would be a good enough pass catcher.

If I were to bet, I'd say he'd be the back to own.

The only thing is he's got the marijuana incident which he will most likely get suspended for, which may put him in a hole to start the season.

16 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I think we can all agree that Jones is the best runner out of the three.  And seems like he would be a good enough pass catcher.

If I were to bet, I'd say he'd be the back to own.

The only thing is he's got the marijuana incident which he will most likely get suspended for, which may put him in a hole to start the season.

People are saying the same thing about williams in his outlook forum. 

Edited by StevenSC400