NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Rotoworld Mock Real League

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm very conflicted about what to do if it gets to me without at least one more Ryan consultation, which I may ore may not get. I know what's best for his team, and I think I know what's going to fall in his lap, but I don't know if I can convince him that it's the best choice for his team.

I also just poured a Tuesday-in-the-summer vodka drink. And it's making me want to roast some of the other picks that were made in the last round.

44 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

From Twitter...

From FFCollusion...

*Weeks1-16, PPR scoring.

D._Jax.png

One of these players is Doug Baldwin... (It's a copy/paste so... spoiler alert) the other is Desean Jackson

D.Jax had 7 top 24 finishes.

Baldwin had 6 top 24 finishes.

D.Jax was a WR3 or worse 6 times

Baldwin was a WR3 or worse 9 times.

D.Jax had 5 games of at least 100 yards receiving, Baldwin had only 3.

You (again it's a copy paste this isn't @you blonde) paid a top 24 price, to get 25th or worse 9 times out of 15. (60%)

Maybe that's the better 'big picture' take away here.  The #6 (or 8) WR in the league, only finished top 24 six times. (40%)

Instead of finishing position, I also ran the numbers via my PPG analysis:

Top 12: 20.05+

Top 24: 14.74-20.04

Top 36: 11.73-14.73

Useless: 11.72 and below

Baldwin was top 24 by this measure only 5 times(33%), whereas D.Jax was 7 times (50%).

Baldwin was useless 6 times(40%) to D.Jax's 7(50%).

I'm just trying to give some perspective.  If D.Jax had 3 games of 29+ points last year and was outside the top 24 40% of the time, no one would even consider him in the 2nd round, as the 11th WR off the board, he'd be a boom or bust loser no one wanted to depend on.  But Baldwin does it... and here we are.  Baldwins highs are incredibly high, game winning weeks.  He's the Doug Martin of WRs in my opinion.  In fact, last year 49% of Baldwin's fantasy production came from just 4 games.

Good morning gents. I had Brees all lined up to take, unfortunately that fell thru. 

There's a ton of players I don't like at this slot. I guess I'll go ahead and take Jordan Reed.

Good stretch there guys, hopefully we can make more progress during the day today than we did yesterday. 

I can't wait to hear the analysis on some picks from last night....

6 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

You (again it's a copy paste this isn't @you blonde) paid a top 24 price, to get 25th or worse 9 times out of 15. (60%

To get someone* who finished 25th or worst 9 out of 15 times. How did Lamar Miller do?

Edited by boltup15

And to add one more thing, you do this analysis on how many times Doug Baldwin finished 25th or later, but what that stat doesn't tell you is how many times lets say my fantasy WR2, Doug Baldwin outperformed my opponents WR2 or WR1. Finishing outside the top 25 hints maybe towards his inconsistency last year, but there are least 110 WR's who on any given week could get a 50 yard bomb, or get multiple touchdowns who your opponents aren't starting. The same can't be said for the RB position...

6 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

From FFCollusion...

*Weeks1-16, PPR scoring.

D._Jax.png

One of these players is Doug Baldwin... (It's a copy/paste so... spoiler alert) the other is Desean Jackson

D.Jax had 7 top 24 finishes.

Baldwin had 6 top 24 finishes.

D.Jax was a WR3 or worse 6 times

Baldwin was a WR3 or worse 9 times.

D.Jax had 5 games of at least 100 yards receiving, Baldwin had only 3.

You (again it's a copy paste this isn't @you blonde) paid a top 24 price, to get 25th or worse 9 times out of 15. (60%)

Maybe that's the better 'big picture' take away here.  The #6 (or 8) WR in the league, only finished top 24 six times. (40%)

Instead of finishing position, I also ran the numbers via my PPG analysis:

Top 12: 20.05+

Top 24: 14.74-20.04

Top 36: 11.73-14.73

Useless: 11.72 and below

Baldwin was top 24 by this measure only 5 times(33%), whereas D.Jax was 7 times (50%).

Baldwin was useless 6 times(40%) to D.Jax's 7(50%).

I'm just trying to give some perspective.  If D.Jax had 3 games of 29+ points last year and was outside the top 24 40% of the time, no one would even consider him in the 2nd round, as the 11th WR off the board, he'd be a boom or bust loser no one wanted to depend on.  But Baldwin does it... and here we are.  Baldwins highs are incredibly high, game winning weeks.  He's the Doug Martin of WRs in my opinion.  In fact, last year 49% of Baldwin's fantasy production came from just 4 games.

Great. Now do the same analysis with Lamar Miller. Compare him to, oh, say Tevin Coleman or Spencer Ware.

You failed to break down his weekly finishes in your thesis, but when someone picks a player you aren't high on you decide the time is right then.

Compare Miller to Tevin Coleman. Or Spencer Ware. Or L. Blount. I'll wait.

Stats can be presented to make any argument. I dont think there are many that would disagree with taking Doug Baldwin at the back end of Round 2 in a 14team draft. 

Edited by mrblonde1984

Let's go with Isaiah Crowell... 

Cawcaw! 

Someone tag whoever is up for me. I'd appreciate it. Going back to work now. 

Edited by Ryan81
1 minute ago, Ryan81 said:

Cawcaw! 

Let us know your next pick since you'll be up soon unless you'll be able to check back on here 

@Dislimb you're up. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

Cawcaw! 

I would consider this a slight slide for him. He's the Frank Gore of potential RB1s, it's not pretty but he'll probably get there.