NBC Sports Edge Forums

2017 Rotoworld Mock Real League

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Rotoviz reader spotted.

....or be very consistent at it. When your production at flex varies wildly your w-l record typically does as well.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Draft is moving nicely now

L.Bell

Not much to say at 1.02, given its 14 teams I was even happier I was going to land either Bell or Johnson. DJ was my first choice simply because Bell seems to only ever be one brain fart away from a one year holiday, but if he stays healthy then I expect him to be a top producer again this year. 

Rodgers

I had him quite high on my rankings in this league for a few reasons. 6 pointers give him a bump, and as soon as you go above 12 teams I think elite QB value increases a bit more. Another reason I was high on Rodgers is that the waiver in this league is a clusterphuck and bench spots are worth gold come bye weeks. Having a guy I can start every week without having to think about it will free up a bench spot for another lotto ticket, and it also means I dont have to play the streaming game, possibly missing out on a player off the waiver at another position. 

Robinson

Picked based on my rankings, which were 13 players deep when I sent them through. I did not know if I would get Rodgers or not, and if I landed him I intended to take a risk in this round and draft Mixon very early. In saying that, I can def live with Robinson and I am optimistic about him this year. I watched a lot of the Jags games last year and while statistically speaking he was crap, Bortles was so erratic half his drops were not AR's fault. I think the targets will drop this year, but I think overall its going to be a much more balanced offense and AR will see less coverage as a result. Im not expecting top 5 WR stuff, but he should be pretty consistent with the odd dud week here or there. 

44 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Sammy Watkins

Keenan Allen

As the draft was approaching our slots (13/14) I was envisioning this very scenario at the bend for myself.

I liked the idea of Sammy Watkins dropping to me and was thinking whether to commit to the high upside of having both Allen & Watkins, despite the obvious perceived risk...

At the end of the day, if both guys stay healthy, you will be in the conversation at the end of the season.

Once you grabbed Watkins, I committed to my other "at this bend" strategy and also the one I perceived as lower risk.

Stacking Green Bay's RB1 & WR2 provides a high floor with good upside... a better floor, but not quite the upside of your WR-WR play.

I figured you would grab Allen on the way back as that was the right spot for him to go and made sense for your roster...

Also, there is some satisfying homerism there... No foul...as it was a good pick at that spot anyway.

Edited by Winky
20 hours ago, Proteus said:

Michael Crabtree

I didn't actually quote anyone with this post, however I am on mobile and I can't make the quote box go away.

10 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:
20 hours ago, Proteus said:

Michael Crabtree

I didn't actually quote anyone with this post, however I am on mobile and I can't make the quote box go away.

wtf?

oh. never mind. thought i did something stupid

Edited by Proteus
54 minutes ago, DocJ said:

Re: Kelce, I questioned that pick at first but given your draft position I totally get it.

I've been taking him early fourth round in 12-teamers. I did not think he or my TE3 would make it all the way back to the end of Round 4.

Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I'm on break for another 20 minutes then gotta drive back to work

You can leave me picks if need be

Golden Tate.  Might not score many TDs, but one of the safer bets for 120+ targets and 1000+ yards.  Will probably regret not taking the other person.

2 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Golden Tate.  Might not score many TDs, but one of the safer bets for 120+ targets and 1000+ yards.  Will probably regret not taking the other person.

Yeah, once Crabtree was off the board, I was debating between Bryant, Tate, and one other guy.

I opted against Tate because he probably has a 6 TD ceiling.

Edited by ZidaneValor