2017 Rotoworld Mock Real League

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

I'm guessing DocJ sniped Dislimb by picking Woodhead.

Honestly, he wasn't on my radar at all until I noticed the theme. I still wasn't going to take him for absolute certain, but I did bump him up a bit higher on my list. Still a bit early for him though IMO. 32 years old, coming off of a very serious injury and is going to be in what I think will be a three man committee. Still though, it would have been interesting to pick him up just cuz.

22 minutes ago, Winky said:

Did everyone get hurt?

That's a M*A*S*H line-up...

It was a sh*t show

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

DIslimb trying hard to counter signal after drafting his team of neo-nazi players. ;)

Haha! I would never get too religious/political on a sports forum (nowhere near the place for it) but I'll just say this one time:

F that Cheeto-faced twat waffle. ✌️

I can take a joke though. ?

13 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Haha! I would never get too religious/political on a sports forum (nowhere near the place for it) but I'll just say this one time:

F that Cheeto-faced twat waffle. ✌️

I can take a joke though. ?

Ok, well we will get off the politics but in closing I'd like to point out a member of the fake news media was the one who brought politics into this!  

7 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Man, it is hot as f--- outside.

Feeling it upstate as well. But I love the extreme heat. Just took the dog for a good walk. 

8 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I'm out of likes, but yeah it's disgusting.  Especially in the subways today...

I'm in jersey, and i commute to NYC. you should see the PATH train stations here. So crowded, you can't even move.

We have too many yuppies living here.

8 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Have any of you NYCers ever gotten together to watch a game?

I think we're all different age groups.

I'm in my late 20s, Iron-cock and Winky are probably pushing 60. Dunno about the others.

1.12 (12th overall) - Jordy Nelson

I hated picking 12th, but Jordy being available made it a much easier pill to swallow. Nelson quietly finished as the #2 overall WR in fantasy last year, something he has done in 3 of his 4 seasons since being a starter and not being injured. Only Mike Evans had more fantasy points out of the WR position in 2016. He was easily the safest bet of all the players left at that point. Pretty much a 90/1200/10 floor and a 110/1500/16 ceiling with 150+ targets from the best QB in the game. The top target on one of the best passing offenses in the league is never a bad thing to have. The only way he doesn't finish as a slam dunk WR1 is if he gets hurt. Could have been much worse.

2016 numbers: 97/1257/14

My 2017 projection: 100/1350/13

-

2.3 (17th overall) - Rob Gronkowski

It was between Gronk and Dez Bryant for me at this spot. I didn't like any of the RBs in this tier and Dez was the last of the second tier of WRs in my personal rankings left. Neither one of them are a sure thing for one reason or another so I decided to go for the bigger upside and that was obviously Gronk. It's been said ad nauseum but it's still true; no player in fantasy football gives their owner a bigger advantage at their respective position than Gronk does and it's frankly not even close. The only thing that can stop him is himself. Injuries are tough to predict, but it's almost certain he will miss at least a game or two. However, having Gronk for just 12.5 games per year (the average amount he's played in per season throughout his career) and a replacement level TE for 3.5 games will give you the most points out of the TE spot. His floor is 0/0/0 but his ceiling could seriously be 90/1200/16 if he miraculously stays healthy for a full year.

2016 numbers: 25/540/3 (8 games played, but was strictly a decoy in 2 of them)

My 2017 projections: 65/950/10 (13 games played)

-

3.12 (40th overall) - Christian McCaffrey

I generally don't like drafting rookie RBs, but I figured this was a safe place to take a chance. He's certainly not going to put up anything close to what Zeke did last year, but I can't see any way that he is a total bust either. He's just too smart and has too good of instincts to not contribute right away. He's deceptively athletic and is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. I think he and Cam will compliment one another quite well. He won't get all of the work, but I figure he'll get at least 50% of the teams RB rushing attempts and at least 75% of the passing down work. I can't really hammer down a ceiling or a floor, but I'll take a shot at overall projections.

2016 stats: N/A

My 2017 projections: 160 carries, 750 rushing yards, 60 receptions, 450 receiving yards, 8 total TDs

-

4.3 (45th overall) - Julian Edelman

I went for the safe play here and also a little bit of Gronk insurance in a backwards, strange sort of way. He's not very exciting and doesn't have much of a ceiling, but has a pretty high floor compared to others that were available here. Might miss a game or two here and there, but if you coincide that with Gronk, they should cancel one another out and get an increased target share if/when one of them misses a game or two. Ceiling is around 100/1100/8 with a floor of around 80/900/4 and should get around 150ish targets.

2016 stats: 98/1106/3

My 2017 projections: 90/1000/6

8 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I'm in jersey, and i commute to NYC. you should see the PATH train stations here. So crowded, you can't even move.

We have too many yuppies living here.

I definitely don't miss the PATH station trains, used to commute to the city every day but just moved.

12 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I'm in my late 20s, Iron-cock and Winky are probably pushing 60. Dunno about the others.

Lol  well I don't know about anyone else but I'm 42.

Just now, FFCollusion said:

Spencer Ware... by the time he loses his job, I'll figure something else out.

I am curious... when you guys say it's 'hot' in your state, what type of temps are we talking?

Solid pick, I thought I had a chance. He's the starter and he's good. 

19 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Wow. The vibe I got is that we are all generally mid to late 20s. I turned 26 a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Spencer Ware... by the time he loses his job, I'll figure something else out.

I am curious... when you guys say it's 'hot' in your state, what type of temps are we talking?

It's about 88 here but the humidity is near 100%.