NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jamaal Williams 2017 Outlook

Packdog

8 hours ago, charliehustler said:

Jordy was out almost the whole game and Cobb was sidelined in the fourth when GB was trying to come back. Sorry I had to type actual words and didn't have a gif of  starlet on hand to explain the situation. I thought maybe we could use these things for spreading helpful info is all. But I'd personally guess that they might like to have a 2nd string RB in rather than a 6th string WE or 4th string TE

Why would GB move their only effective offensive weapon right now into an WR slot due to injuries?  I"m sorry but this would make zero sense. Jamal Williams may end up being something down the road, but right now he is only a 'cuff to Ty and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even when Williams has gotten the chance to run the ball, he has done nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, hype said:

Not a Ty owner...

Are you in a yahoo league? I would at least hold him through Friday in case anything happens in the TNF game. If his value remains unchanged then drop him for someone else before Sunday games. If you're not in a yahoo league then I guess you have a decision to make now

Just now, hype said:

Not a Ty owner...

Again, really no point in dropping him until you see how tonight shakes out. But I own Ty and this is the first time I've had him all year. He's a pretty big waste of a roster spot despite all of the preseason hate of Ty on this board. Ty is a workhorse and nobody will be more than a RB3 on the Packers even /if/ he misses time. Use that roster spot on someone else. 

Just now, hype said:

Not a Ty owner...

If you have room on your bench, it's worth holding onto him. If there's a serviceable player on the waiver wire, and/or if you want to block your leaguemates from acquiring someone on the wire, drop him.

At this point, there's no reason to believe that JWilliams will have any realistic value as long as TMont is healthy, and it looks like TMont is running well.

Just now, hype said:

Not a Ty owner...

Well since you already had him rostered up until now I see no reason to drop him right before the game.  If Ty were to go down tonight that would be a real punch in the gut.

Where'd the hype go? I wasn't invested so I didn't pay a ton of attention but I thought in the preseason people were super lathered up about this guy. Has anything changed? Monty has looked good but Williams was always a handcuff needing injury to start getting reps. It's not like the few reps that haven't gone to Monty have been parsed out to a bunch of backs. Williams is the clear backup.

18 minutes ago, Panthor said:

his value is completely tied to TY.

in the same way DWill was tied to Bell. 

almost 0 individual value cuz you never see the field, but an easy plug in if any time is missed

The Steelers have one of the best lines in the league. The Packers, one of the worst. 

He is a must own for tonight. Jamaal has no value unless he's starting for an injured Ty. I'd much rather add upside players than lock up a roster spot for a handcuff I may never use with a RB2 ceiling. 

Edited by miasma16

if you have an open roster spot, i always find it useful to add a handcuff to a RB that gets lot of carries... people like jamaal williams, branden oliver, donta foreman, mike tolbert, marlon mack, etc are worth adding before the game. you never know what rb is gonna go down. in today's NFL RB's drop like flies and you can strike gold just picking up one of these guys... if nothing happens, just drop. simple but effective strategy

23 minutes ago, dewaser said:

if you have an open roster spot, i always find it useful to add a handcuff to a RB that gets lot of carries... people like jamaal williams, branden oliver, donta foreman, mike tolbert, marlon mack, etc are worth adding before the game. you never know what rb is gonna go down. in today's NFL RB's drop like flies and you can strike gold just picking up one of these guys... if nothing happens, just drop. simple but effective strategy

In ESPN leagues you'd have to hold him until Tuesday