NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamaal Williams 2017 Outlook

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, iheartrubio said:

Play Jones.  Ty wasn't at practice and Jones will see the bulk of the carries.  

Based on what Jones’ play last week? 

Ty might play after limited practices, and Williams has practiced in full twice. Both guys could suit up and limit any role Jones might play. Even if Ty sits and Williams suits up, it’s unlikely that Jones will get the bulk unless they got hot hand and he starts well, but if williams gets first crack and starts well Jones will be an afterthought.

plus, this is working on the basis they’ll stick with the running game and not go pass heavy. 

21 hours ago, mike1989 said:

Based on what Jones’ play last week? 

Ty might play after limited practices, and Williams has practiced in full twice. Both guys could suit up and limit any role Jones might play. Even if Ty sits and Williams suits up, it’s unlikely that Jones will get the bulk unless they got hot hand and he starts well, but if williams gets first crack and starts well Jones will be an afterthought.

plus, this is working on the basis they’ll stick with the running game and not go pass heavy. 

Why would Williams play over Jones? Jones looks more explosive. 

Edited by Magoo

The first time I heard "hot hand," I'm pretty sure it came from Mike McCarthy when Lacy was a rookie and Jonathan Franklin and DoucheJuan Harris were kicking around.

I don't have proof that he invented the term, but the fat bastard sure loves to use it.

29 minutes ago, Proteus said:

The first time I heard "hot hand," I'm pretty sure it came from Mike McCarthy when Lacy was a rookie and Jonathan Franklin and DoucheJuan Harris were kicking around.

I don't have proof that he invented the term, but the fat bastard sure loves to use it.

1x6wyw.jpg

interesting... it seemed like Jones was the hot add... but ESPN adjusted their projections, and Jamaal is projected for 8.9 points to Jones 5.8....

this, combined with the mild Peyton Barber vibe I get from Jones, has led me to take a flier on J-Will. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
12 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

interesting... it seemed like Jones was the hot add... but ESPN adjusted their projections, and Jamaal is projected for 8.9 points to Jones 5.8....

this, combined with the mild Peyton Barber vibe I get from Jones, has led me to take a flier on J-Will. 

Peyton Barber? I would say Aaron Jones is a MUCH better athlete than Barber. 

10 minutes ago, bendover said:

Dropped Williams today for a kicker, so I'd guess he goes 125 yards total, 2 TDs.

I'm about to do the same. It's either him or Rawls and I feel like Rawls has more value ROS than Williams. But I agree, here comes 2 TD's all because I had to pick up a kicker in replace of him.

5 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Peyton Barber? I would say Aaron Jones is a MUCH better athlete than Barber. 

yeah, I like Jones more. but overall just get a feeling their upside is capped by being neither big enough nor explosive enough to be fantasy gems. 

probably a lazy comparison though... and Jones did look pretty solid last week. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
1 hour ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Jones is the guy to own behind TY in the Green Bay backfield. Rodgers is promoting jones and Williams is more of the short yardage guru. 

I'm coming around on that truth, especially in standard. I think there's a very solid chance he finds the end zone against Dallas. 

Physically, athletically, I see a smaller, shiftier, more athletic Alfred Morris. 

Rolling with Jones, ESPN projections be damned!

The rotoworld blurb for Jones from Ian Rapport says Aaron Jones was the running back with the first team in practice this week. Looks like Jones may get the first crack at the job after all. It looks like Jones is the more natural runner and receiver. Williams is the bigger bruising back who could dominate GL carries and his superior pass protection should earn him some snaps though. 

With Tymont doubtful and possibly in line to miss several weeks I think Packers will give both guys some burn to better evaluate what they have and if they need to rush Tymont back or not. 

Edited by Jaw1