NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Matt Forte 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Forte gets busy workload in Week 2 road loss to Raiders

By Ray Paltooram, Jets Correspondent, Mon, Sep 18th 11:15am EDT

Matt Forte was a busy man on Sunday against the Oakland Raiders, but it wasn't enough, as the New York Jets lost on the road to the Raiders by the final score of 45-20. Forte rushed for 53 yards on nine carries, with his longest run of day going for 16 yards. He also caught four passes for 38 yards, including a 34-yard haul. Forte led all Jets running backs with a healthy 5.9 yards per carry in the loss.

Fantasy Impact
Forte had a nice fantasy showing in this game, as he out-snapped and outplayed Bilal Powell. This backfield will be hard to figure out as the season progresses, and the team will be playing from behind most weeks as the rebuilding efforts continue. For now, Forte is a RB3 or a flex player at best, with Powell lurking in the background.

Anything to believe here?

3 minutes ago, DeepDive said:

All jokes aside, anything to see here? He had 1000 total yards and 8 TDs last year in 14 games. 

Usage and effectiveness are starting to pick up:

Week 1 he had 9 touches for 36 yards.

Week 2 he had 13 touches for 91 yards.

I believe most of his touches came in junk time when the game was essentially over. I don't know, I just hink he's done. At this point I think Elijah is a decent stash.  

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

I believe most of his touches came in junk time when the game was essentially over. I don't know, I just hink he's done. At this point I think Elijah is a decent stash.  

looked good to me but I'm bias as I'm trade baiting. Carson got most of his yards in trash time and he is the next coming. I wouldn't spend much to grab Forte but he's worth holding unless you're hurting. 

5 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

looked good to me but I'm bias as I'm trade baiting. Carson got most of his yards in trash time and he is the next coming. I wouldn't spend much to grab Forte but he's worth holding unless you're hurting. 

Trash time? How is a game that ends 12-9 'trash time'? 

20 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

16 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Forte had 3 carries for 18 yards and 1 rec for 34 yards in garbage time. McGuire also had an 11 yard rush.

If we take out garbage time stats:

Forte: 6 rushes for 35 yards; 3 rec for 4 yards

McGuire: 5 rushes for 18 yards; 1 Rec for 7 yards

Powell: 6 rushes for 13 yards; 0 rec for 0 yards

Clearly the most effective back.

Edited by DeepDive

As a desperate owner who got screwed with injuries this past week, I might be crazy enough to FLEX him on Sunday. He and Powell are literally the only "good" weapons on the Jets offense, and the Phins run defense is beatable.

Edited by kretan182

4 minutes ago, DeepDive said:

Forte had 3 carries for 18 yards and 1 rec for 34 yards in garbage time. McGuire also had an 11 yard rush.

If we take out garbage time stats:

Forte: 6 rushes for 35 yards; 3 rec for 4 yards

McGuire: 5 rushes for 18 yards; 1 Rec for 7 yards

Powell: 6 rushes for 13 yards; 0 rec for 0 yards

Clearly the most effective back.

Sure, but one guy is 54 years old on a rebuilding team. Anyway, I'd stay away completely if given the choice. 

18 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

It's "BIASED".  Sorry, just continuing the corrections to get this whole post sorted out.

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/19/bias-biased/

bias / biased

A person who is influenced by a bias is biased. The expression is not “they’re bias,” but “they’re biased.” Also, many people say someone is “biased toward” something or someone when they mean biased against. To have a bias toward something is to be biased in its favor.