NBC Sports EDGE Forums

John Ross 2017 Season Outlook

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Q the Dagger said:

Just scooped him up for free. He still have a chance ?

Not sure how credible it is, but I read THIS article earlier which in a nutshell says the consensus between the coaching staff and Ross is that he needs to practice up before he dresses for a game.

Practiced in full last Friday and today. My team is so decimated by injuries and other shenanigans, I may just roll him out there this week and hope for a long TD or two; maybe the element of surprise will get him opportunities. Who's in?

Green, appearing on Bengals Line with Dave Lapham and Lance McAlister, went deep on his praise for the No. 9 overall pick: “It’s going to be great when he comes back because you can’t teach the speed that he has…He’s a great route runner. He can transition right out of his breaks with how fast he is. Sometimes you watch him and you’re like how in the world are you running that fast.”

If anyone is looking to justify starting John Ross (or are just plain desperate), the Colts defense has given up more 20+ yard pass play (40) than any other team in the NFL. The next closest defense has given up 30 pass plays of 20+ yards. If Ross is what they say he is and we think he is, there won't be a better matchup all year.

Just now, yanksman said:

But their starters are both playing. I'll guess 35% snaps

Yes, AJ and Lafell will get the start in 2 wide sets, but I believe Ross will get an extensive look for a guy who hasn't played much thus far because Boyd and Core will be inactive.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ballsy DFS play this week, i bet he is as cheap as it gets.

Indeed. It could pay off though as the Colts D have given up the most 20+ plays in the league. Ross could hit paydirt on a long ball with all the attention on AJ. Pray for health though.

18 hours ago, broncosfan18 said:

Anyone rolling him out, against the likes of Deonte Thompson/Goodwin/Lockett?

I just picked him up in a long term keeper league over all those guys but I may actually flex Ross over JuJu (because I have AB and want to diversify) and Forte. I could see him pop off for a big TD-ala Fuller in his return.

I wouldn't start him this week even though I'm desperate but I'm definitely following him.    Imo.  The Bengals D is good enough so that they won't need to pass that much this game against a bad team 

My prediction is 3/56 on 4 targets

Edited by nk3323

4 hours ago, nk3323 said:

I wouldn't start him this week even though I'm desperate but I'm definitely following him.    Imo.  The Bengals D is good enough so that they won't need to pass that much this game against a bad team 

My prediction is 3/56 on 4 targets

I'd be pretty happy with 8+ ppr points this week out of him. My hopes are pretty low, but in deep leagues and with bye weeks I still think he's a higher upside start than a lot of the WW turds. 

Anybody see the game or has updated info on snap counts from yesterday?  Ross saw 0 targets, just wondering how much he actually even saw the field.  

AJG had 8 targets, 6 for Kroft, 5 for LaFell, 3 for Josh Malone, and none for Ross.  Might not mean a ton given it was his first game back, but unless you're in dynasty then he's a pretty easy drop for this year.  

1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

Anybody see the game or has updated info on snap counts from yesterday?  Ross saw 0 targets, just wondering how much he actually even saw the field.  

AJG had 8 targets, 6 for Kroft, 5 for LaFell, 3 for Josh Malone, and none for Ross.  Might not mean a ton given it was his first game back, but unless you're in dynasty then he's a pretty easy drop for this year.  

5 snaps.  First game back and he wasnt even able to practice against the defense most this year if even at all.  He'll take time, hoping he can stay healthy