NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

42 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

This forum is more knee jerk reaction-y this year than last if I'm remembering correctly. I'd rather keep jamaal Williams on my bench until week 8 when he takes over than spend the rest of the season waiting for cohen to score more than he did this game

Cohen outscores Williams in PPR and it's not close. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really struggling what to do with him in standard.  On one hand I don't wanna burn too much FAAB on what could be a 3rd down/gadget player on a bad offense but I also believe in the talent and don't wanna miss on the next Tyreek Hill.

36 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I'm really struggling what to do with him in standard.  On one hand I don't wanna burn too much FAAB on what could be a 3rd down/gadget player on a bad offense but I also believe in the talent and don't wanna miss on the next Tyreek Hill.

He's not going to be as valuable in standard of course. But standard still counts yards and tds, and he will have his fair share of both.  I wouldn't get caught up too much on the gadget mind frame.  That caused alot of people to incorrectly evaluate Tyreek Hill.  If you have a chance to get him, I personally wouldn't pass. 

4 hours ago, chud12 said:

You won’t have to sell teammates Mike Glennon and Zach Miller on the idea. They weren’t shy with their praise.

‘‘The secret’s out on what we have in [Cohen],’’ quarterback Mike Glennon said. ‘‘He’s a playmaker, and we’re lucky to have him. He’s going to continue to be a big part of the offense.’’

[...]

‘‘Every time he gets the ball, something special could happen,’’ Miller said. ‘‘And you’ve got to be on your toes because he can squirt out of there and take it the distance. The kid can just do so much. He’s going to be a special player for a long time.’’

Getting psyched reading this. Was able to grab him in second to last round in a dynasty - absolutely love it.

25 minutes ago, dre said:

Wow, the highlights of him in college are insane.  But are people really ready to drop 30-40% of their FAAB, week 1, on a player in a timeshare and on a bad team?  That just seems crazy to me. 

I can't believe I'm saying it but the bears might not be that bad.  Their defense kept the falcons in check and the Howard/Cohen combo was the shining star on the offense keeping the ball moving and putting together drives.  This might not be the dumpster fire team we thought it was. 

28 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

I can't believe I'm saying it but the bears might not be that bad.  Their defense kept the falcons in check and the Howard/Cohen combo was the shining star on the offense keeping the ball moving and putting together drives.  This might not be the dumpster fire team we thought it was. 

There was definite signs of hope out of the Bears yesterday and I'll agree with you that this team might not be as bad as we think.  But, are teams going to eventually be selling out to stop Howard/Cohen?  Now Kevin White is out for the year, they lost Meredith already, who is going to keep defenses honest in the passing game?

Edited by phatrat
PM a mod when you have a question. There is a thread for FAAB bids - http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/660596-2017-faab-waiver-wire-thread/
1 minute ago, The Answer said:

So he and Howard are all the bears have on offense now?  Won't it be easy for teams to shut them down going forward with no threat from any receivers?

I dont think shutting down Cohen would be easy even if it was 1 vs 11.

12 minutes ago, dre said:

There was definite signs of hope out of the Bears yesterday and I'll agree with you that this team might not be as bad as we think.  But, are teams going to eventually be selling out to stop Howard/Cohen?  Now Kevin White is out for the year, they lost Meredith already, who is going to keep defenses honest in the passing game?

Yeah the passing game is going to be in rough shape but if the defense can deep games somewhat close it doesn't take more than a few deep shots every so often to keep safeties back a bit.  I think the more important question is rather do the Bears actually have a solid defense or if the Falcons were just stinking it up, because I think most people would have said they'd score more than 21 points yesterday before the game.

49 minutes ago, dre said:

White was not keeping any teams honest so losing him really isn't a difference maker.  Just about any other WR on their roster can come in and do what White ws doing.  I'm really hoping one of the new guys gets a chance to shine.  Gentry was a great college WR and was their best WR in the preseason so I'd like to see him get a shot.  He's at least a deep threat.  Bellamy and Thompson are just good enough and they have plenty of TEs that are actually pretty good.

If I were the Bears I would be going out of a two TE set the majority of the time and mixing up plays.  They could power run and set up the passing game out of that formation.  I think the TEs could be the difference makers in the passing game if they actually try and use them.

45 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

Yeah the passing game is going to be in rough shape but if the defense can deep games somewhat close it doesn't take more than a few deep shots every so often to keep safeties back a bit.  I think the more important question is rather do the Bears actually have a solid defense or if the Falcons were just stinking it up, because I think most people would have said they'd score more than 21 points yesterday before the game.

The Falcons offense was due for regression with the loss of their OC.

Lot of hype on here after one game. I've got the top waiver add in both my leagues (keep it until you use it then go to the back of the line), but I'm skeptical to blow my wad on this guy after week 1. Loved the performance, BUT 1. they were trailing much of the game, perhaps leading to more targets than normal. 2. It was his first game, I'm sure the Falcons were not scheming to stop him. 3. He wasn't in on their crucial last drive (though he probably should've been after watching that potential gamewinner dink off Howard's hands) 4. At the end of the day, Howard will still get his. I don't want to blow my top position on a flex play. Even if he's Darren Sproles in his prime, I don't think that's league winning.

Someone convince me otherwise.

6 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Lot of hype on here after one game. I've got the top waiver add in both my leagues (keep it until you use it then go to the back of the line), but I'm skeptical to blow my wad on this guy after week 1. Loved the performance, BUT 1. they were trailing much of the game, perhaps leading to more targets than normal. 2. It was his first game, I'm sure the Falcons were not scheming to stop him. 3. He wasn't in on their crucial last drive (though he probably should've been after watching that potential gamewinner dink off Howard's hands) 4. At the end of the day, Howard will still get his. I don't want to blow my top position on a flex play. Even if he's Darren Sproles in his prime, I don't think that's league winning.

Someone convince me otherwise.

That's what I'm thinking as well.  If Howard were to have blown out his knee in the game, then I could see using your No. 1 WW to add Cohen but I'm still not sold that this guy is worth all the hype at this time.

On the flip side, as a Howard owner, I will be trying to add Cohen as a handcuff this week.

2 minutes ago, dre said:

That's what I'm thinking as well.  If Howard were to have blown out his knee in the game, then I could see using your No. 1 WW to add Cohen but I'm still not sold that this guy is worth all the hype at this time.

On the flip side, as a Howard owner, I will be trying to add Cohen as a handcuff this week.

He's not Howard's cuff, however the Bears do have a Cohen cuff named Mizzell.

He looks electric and he's going to be a very good CoP back and not taking anything away from him, but he's always going to be part of a committee. Which is great. He looks like a young Darren Sproles out there, but the one run where he reversed field, while spectacular showed everything about him. That run will be a rarity from now on. 

Also, his reception numbers will eventually start to diminish as he won't regularly be the guy leading the passing offense. 

So in ppr, if you got him great job, especially in redraft. Ride the trend because it won't last forever. Longer term, who knows? They're not going to build the offense around him. Nice high floor guy who's going to have some blow up games, but will always struggle to register a lot of TDs.

This season all bets are off. The offense is still on training wheels and needs heroes. I'd grab Tarik and ride him like Zorro for right now. 

Edited by pikerbkb
12 hours ago, yanksman said:

The kid's very talented but I think some of you bidding 33% of your money on him are crazy. He's a 3rd down back on a terrible offense. I don't think he's an rb2 as you'll never feel confident starting him. I kind of compare his value to duke Johnson. He's good bench depth that you can use for bye weeks but that's it imo.

You're gonna be sorry you didn't. True thunder/lightning combo with howard