Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

Trade or hold on ? Like what range of player would u accept, in one league the Howard owner is offering me Larry fitz...is Tarik worth that kind of value?

Seems about right.  You know what you're getting with Fitz.  He's a solid ppr receiver.  Won't win you games, but won't lose you games either.  Tarik has more upside to have a big week that could win a game for you. Depends on what you need.  Personally I'd rather have Tarik, but if I needed a receiver I would make that trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Seems about right.  You know what you're getting with Fitz.  He's a solid ppr receiver.  Won't win you games, but won't lose you games either.  Tarik has more upside to have a big week that could win a game for you. Depends on what you need.  Personally I'd rather have Tarik, but if I needed a receiver I would make that trade.

Nice assessment That's how I feel too, In that league where I have cohen I think I have a fairly safe team but no crazy upside , and little dude is fun to own ...but I just feel like I'm insulting this guy if I don't accept it , the film don't lie on Tarik tho I truly feel he has ros value if that o-line holds together ( he gets some nice blocks)

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Irish bayou said:

Nice assessment That's how I feel too, In that league where I have cohen I think I have a fairly safe team but no crazy upside , and little dude is fun to own ...but I just feel like I'm insulting this guy if I don't accept it , the film don't lie on Tarik tho I truly feel he has ros value if that o-line holds together ( he gets some nice blocks)

Really hope the Henry owner I just offered to feels the same way. Maybe. We are all jerks in that league...

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Really hope the Henry owner I just offered to feels the same way. Maybe. We are all jerks in that league...

Yea that trade is Fair in my opinion  , but Henry bout to blow up and could himself become s sell high candidate in two weeks.   But you want to b there if it's really go time for the Bone Crusher!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leesanity7 said:

Realistically, how do we feel about Cohen this week? Against this Pittsburgh team, I think the script will have Cohen taking many snaps in a playmaker setting. Expecting lots of passing downs for the Bears as they'll trail.

I feel like the bears will be playing lots of catch up ball and Cohen is a lock for 5+ Passing targets a game 

 

hard for me to decide, Cohen is money in ppr but this could be Henry’s coming out party as the true workhorse, both are playing at home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leesanity7 said:

Realistically, how do we feel about Cohen this week? Against this Pittsburgh team, I think the script will have Cohen taking many snaps in a playmaker setting. Expecting lots of passing downs for the Bears as they'll trail.

This week should say a lot about what we can expect from Mighty Mouse Cohen this year.  Pittsburgh should dominate this game.  If there was ever a game for him to do nothing, this is it.  I'm thinking he'll be just fine, but have him riding the bench this week in favor of Crowell

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why i spent over $40 of my FAAB budget on him.

 

The Bears will be playing from behind in a lot of games. That renders Howard almost useless unless they need short-yardage 1st downs or goal line carries.

 

Simply put, I would argue that Cohen's PPR floor each week is somewhere between 9-10 points, with an upside ceiling of 15-20 points if he's playing against a weak DEF in that given week. I feel like he's somewhat matchup proof in regards to his floor. To me, he is Tyreke Hill, in running back form. All he needs is one opening to make something special happen. Based on what we've all seen, he's snagged 16 out of 21 targets in just 2 games as a RB. Guaranteed he'll be averaging about 8-10 targets a game, and probably is a good bet to average 5-7 catches out of those targets.

 

Oh and he returns punts. (If you needed any extra upside...Although he bluffed that mistake last week)

 

I don't know about you guys, but I will gladly take 9-10 point floor every week out of my flex spot with Cohen, especially with that kind of upside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

he bluffed that mistake last week

As much as I love this kid and his electric moves, Mighty Mouse is going to do a couple more of those. He did it in his college years, and with the stronger opposition the risk in his game is only going to get punished more often.

 

Still won't stop me from starting him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting in PPR, but I agree, this is a good game to see his floor.  I think after keying on Howard, Cohen will be next on the board for Pitt, and he'll probably have a spy.  I'm just not sure it matters because he's been so good in space.  Good info coming.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

This game will be telling for a few reasons, one being to see how Cohen continues to be used in a game the Bears should trail, and the second being how defenses adjust to Cohen now that he's not a secret anymore.  Cohen is the most dangerous player on the Bears team, and defenses are going to be keying for him when he's out there.  Can the bears still manage to get him the ball in a position to be productive when he's a key target in the opponent's scouting report?

 

I wouldn't trade Henry for Cohen, FWIW.  Henry is one injury away from being a top 3 RB, and with how often the Titans run the ball behind a great OL, he's got a good shot at top 12 value even if Murray plays all year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

THAT last run was inches from being amazing but cohen is locked in as catching back. Lead back still Howard as he had a great outing today. Bears game plan to run run run and not have glennon throw it away

Keep an eye on injury reports this week for Howard. Dude got banged up and pulled from the game several times. Was probably running on adrenaline and will need to be checked out more thoroughly once he comes down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holben said:

Keep an eye on injury reports this week for Howard. Dude got banged up and pulled from the game several times. Was probably running on adrenaline and will need to be checked out more thoroughly once he comes down.

He got the game winning touchdown... don't think anything serious. I sat howard like a fool cause all this cohen talk but Howard clear back when out there

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is going to be the pickup of the year in PPR/half PPR leagues IMO. He was so close to breaking that massive TD. His floor is going to be high every week to give you consistency but has big play potential. I'm surprised how much work he's getting on the ground. He saw 12 carries today with Howard seeing 20+. If Howard is killing it, playing poorly, his role is carved out no matter what. 

 

All this seems just like the start. Outside of the numbers he just looks like a special talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...