NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

10 hours ago, kaesr said:

I’ve seen enough to realize that I wasted WAY too much FAAB on this guy.

So I sent a thank u to the guy who won cohen  and paid $40 vs my $34 FAAB. I have never seen a playmaker not used to make plays. The offense looks overly simple.   No reason Cohen can't be used in a cmac, sproles or kamara role. The coaching staff needs to use new plays that benefit the players on the field. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

Had some decent usage but did absolutely nothing with it. Cohen sometimes seems to squirrelly for his own good at times, spent too much time running south, east, south, west, east, south, east, west, south, west, and then maybe north. 

Thought the same, that's risky in the pros

4 minutes ago, HamMach1 said:

Had some decent usage but did absolutely nothing with it. Cohen sometimes seems to squirrelly for his own good at times, spent too much time running south, east, south, west, east, south, east, west, south, west, and then maybe north. 

This was the first game I thought he looked bad in. He looked really indecisive whenever he had the ball. But the usage is the larger problem. Targets went from 12 to 9, 4, 4, and now 1. He went from having a 2015 Dion Lewis type role to being used as a regular #2 RB. 

Trubisky doesn't look like he's going to help either. Not only did he look bad, but he also seemed determined not to check down. 

I'm going to hold for another week and see how it is, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe if he has a decent game I can trade him to the Howard owner

5 minutes ago, voxcausa said:

This was the first game I thought he looked bad in. He looked really indecisive whenever he had the ball. But the usage is the larger problem. Targets went from 12 to 9, 4, 4, and now 1. He went from having a 2015 Dion Lewis type role to being used as a regular #2 RB. 

Trubisky doesn't look like he's going to help either. Not only did he look bad, but he also seemed determined not to check down. 

I'm going to hold for another week and see how it is, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe if he has a decent game I can trade him to the Howard owner

Glendon's pop gun arm was great for Cohen.  Trubisky actually keeps his eyes downfield even when the pocket collapses (like a QB should).  The new QB does not help Cohen, but the emergence of Cunningham as the 3rd down back is probably even more troubling. 

Cohen will have some good weeks, but he went from target hog to Tavon Austin gadget guy this week.  

14 minutes ago, voxcausa said:

He's very obviously third fiddle now.

19 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Looked like Devin Hester. Touches the ball, and starts running every which way except forward trying to make that electric play. Had me cringing so hard :blink:

Cant blame him, he is trying to do more with less since they wont give him the ball much. Calling him hester or tavon austin 2.0 is insulting.

Im glad the bears lost, john fix is a moron.

Just now, pdog109 said:

Cant blame him, he is trying to do more with less since they wont give him the ball much. Calling him hester or tavon austin 2.0 is insulting.

Im glad the bears lost, john fix is a moron.

Whoa now! I would never stoop so low as to call him Tavon Austin 2.0! You are absolutely right though. You must keep in mind though that this is the Chicago Bears, the team that paid Marcus Wheaton 6 million dollars :D

Man - if this thread wasn't 54 pages long, I would go back and quote all the absurd posts that anointed Cohen the 2nd coming of Jesus and how he was a low RB1 with a safe floor.  Fantasy can turn in a week!

Edited by ludawg23

my New Years resolution

don't read the rotoworld forums

28 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Man - if this thread wasn't 54 pages long, I would go back and quote all the absurd posts that anointed Cohen the 2nd coming of Jesus and how he was a low RB1 with a safe floor.  Fantasy can turn in a week!

I got myself swallowed up in Cohen hype

40 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Someone bashed me for projecting to have 4 TDs on the year saying LOOK AT THE TARGETS. What a joke. Some posters on these forums are just horrible.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:41 PM, SamPayton said:

I read them. I find it hard to believe you watched him play today if you think he won't score more than 3 TD's ROS. I mean, c'mon. That just makes zero sense based off his performance today and in preseason. Dude is lightning quick and breaks tackles like crazy.

Still sitting on his 1 TD from week 1.

I'd personally thought Howard's shoulder injury was a lot worse, and that Howard was going to either miss quite a few weeks nursing it, or come back too soon and re-injure it to the point where he'd get placed on IR.

Without Howard's absence, Cohen is just another receiving down back like Chris Thompson, Theo Riddick, etc.

12 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Someone bashed me for projecting to have 4 TDs on the year saying LOOK AT THE TARGETS. What a joke. Some posters on these forums are just horrible.

Coming in here to gloat and say i told you so puts you in that horrible category as well. Get out. He is not getting the same volume he was earlier because Benny Cunningham is an electric and dynamic play maker.

Guys Cohen is an amazing runner. He had nowhere to go on those plays. They weren't power running schemes like Howard gets. I'm a Bears fan and I didn't start him the last two weeks. You need to be smart about who you start in fantasy and don't chase points. This guy is a lottery ticket if you don't have any. He's currently a bench stash or a bye week fill in. Fox is an absolute fool, but even with a small amount of touches, this kid is a beast. Is someone drops him, pick him up.

Lol it’s pretty obvious to me the plan with Cohen the first two weeks utilized his skill set to a tee. For some absurd reason, John Fox and the coaching staff completely went away from what Cohen does best (make plays in space) and cut his snaps in half at the same time.  

He is a hold for me but I won’t be starting until either Benny goes down or his snap counts rise considerably.  Went from ppr gold to bench material in 2 weeks because of a John Fox run coaching staff. 

Cohrb is kind of locked into a Gurley, Goff situation now (Jeff Fisher never utilized them right). He might be the ppr guy we thought once new coaching staff comes in. 

Edited by chud12
5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lol it’s pretty obvious to me the plan with Cohen the first two weeks utilized his skill set to a tee. For some absurd reason, John Fox and the coaching staff completely went away from what Cohen does best (make plays in space) and cut his snaps in half at the same time.  

He is a golf for me but I won’t be starting until Benny goes down or his snap counts rise considerably.  Went from ppr gold to bench material in 2 weeks because of a John Fox run coaching staff. 

He he is kind of locked into a Gurley, Goff situation now (Jeff Fisher never utilized them right). He might be the ppr guy we though once new coaching staff comes in. 

Exactly what I'm thinking.  I'm benching for now but see no reason to drop.  

I assume Benny is in on third downs because hes a better blocker. But I definitely thought we'd see more of Cohen lined up as a WR. He's flashed game breaking ability as recently as Pittsburgh game. You'd think they would try harder to get him in space, run a few screen passes or something. I'll be holding for now but can't start him till i see that usage go back up.

Edited by JoeG03
1 minute ago, JoeG03 said:

I assume Benny is in on third downs because hes a better blocker. But I definitely thought we'd see more of Cohen lined up as a WR. He's flashed game breaking ability as recently as Pittsburgh game. You'd think they would try harder to get him in space, run a few screen passes or something. I'll be holding for now but can't start him till i see that usage go back up.

What’s puzzeling is a lot of those 3rd downs Benny is running routes and not actually blocking. Anyway it appears the Fox coaching staff soured on Cohen. He is just a hold/stash now.