NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tarik Cohen 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

This just proves to me there are no "Experts." I had this guy rostered in every league and I started him in two. Experts have good analysis, but believe what you see

I loved him too, but fell for Belichick and Burkhead, never again drop city

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

This just proves to me there are no "Experts." I had this guy rostered in every league and I started him in two. Experts have good analysis, but believe what you see

Care to elaborate on what you exactly saw before today's game ?? 

14 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Reading this thread make me want to use my number one waiver claim on Cohen. Hmmm.  

I'm dropping Kenny Britt or  Tyrell Williams  or Alvin Kamara after Monday to add Cohen. Considering I have arob+woodhead on injury watch I'm comfortable spending +33% of my FAAB on a player like Cohen after 1 game.

The guy is a high upside weekly flex play not an rb1 stud meaning he isnt in a Hunt role. So expectations need to be tempered.

His potential vlm on the offense should make him more valuable than any rb3/wr3 u would have in the flex position.

Edited by dashoe
7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Care to elaborate on what you exactly saw before today's game ?? 

Really? I watched him..he drives defenses nuts..he has great vision, hands, strength, and he is the definition of elusive. He also only had ONE carry in their week 3 preseason game, which showed me the Bears were trying to hide him. They almost topped the Falcons cause of it too. I promise I don't use crystal balls ;)

Edited by the_dying_dream
3 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

Really? I watched him..he drives defenses nuts..he has great vision, hands, strength, and he is the definition of elusive. He also only had ONE carry in their week 3 preseason game, which showed me the Bears were trying to hide him. They almost topped the Falcons cause of it too. I promise I don't use crystal balls ;)

Don't be offended, did not mean it that way.  Just was looking for an educated optinion by someone because I have never see him play. 

31 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm dropping Kenny Britt or  Tyrell Williams  or Alvin Kamara after Monday to add Cohen. Considering I have arob+woodhead on injury watch I'm comfortable spending +33% of my FAAB on a player like Cohen after 1 game.

The guy is a high upside weekly flex play not an rb1 stud meaning he isnt in a Hunt role. So expectations need to be tempered.

His potential vlm on the offense should make him more valuable than any rb3/wr3 u would have in the flex position.

You really think 33% will get him or is that just the most you're willing to spend and if you miss out on him you just miss?

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

You really think 33% will get him or is that just the most you're willing to spend and if you miss out on him you just miss?

That's the number I'm willing to spend at this point based on my roster; if i was desperate for a rb I would spend more of course

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

That's the number I'm willing to spend at this point based on my roster; if i was desperate for a rb I would spend more of course

I have quite possibly the best stable of running backs in my league and am going all in on 'Rik. I think he will be on many championship teams, including mine.

Like this post If you drafted him and he's already on your team. 

8.08 14 banger, FULL PPR, and he was higher on my board than most. 

This kid is a league winner. 

Buy, buy, buy. 

28 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I have quite possibly the best stable of running backs in my league and am going all in on 'Rik. I think he will be on many championship teams, including mine.

Yeah I have no problem adding him and trying to move him or another rb2 in a package  to get a wr1. Cohen is at the very least a highly tradeable commodity as more rb's get injured or severely underperform.

48 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Like this post If you drafted him and he's already on your team. 

8.08 14 banger, FULL PPR, and he was higher on my board than most. 

This kid is a league winner. 

Buy, buy, buy. 

What about in standard leagues?   Still worth #1 waiver?

2 hours ago, the_dying_dream said:

I started Shepard over him in my flex, but if OBJ had been 100% healthy, I may have started him too. 

I said when I started this thread that his college tape looked more impressive than any running back I'd seen in years. Then he killed it preseason, and the Bears let go of Langford. Going into the weekend, most websites had him projected for 2 or 3 points. If you even watched 20 minutes of the Bears preseason, you knew this was an absurd projection. 

All the "experts" do is play it safe and predict only what everyone already knows. They never look to the future, they just regurgitate the past. 

3 hours ago, the_dying_dream said:

Who did you start him over?

I hate to chase results, but if it looks like he's going to be the check down guy, he will have season long value.  Wish I could have rostered him before this week, but there's only so many "upside" guys you can stash and see what happens.  Sigh.

The kid's very talented but I think some of you bidding 33% of your money on him are crazy. He's a 3rd down back on a terrible offense. I don't think he's an rb2 as you'll never feel confident starting him. I kind of compare his value to duke Johnson. He's good bench depth that you can use for bye weeks but that's it imo.

This guy is lightning quick with his moves. The announcers today was calling him the human joystick, and that was blowing no smoke either. I was THIS CLOSE to adding him this morning in two leagues but chose not to. Huge mistake. Glad I am not a Howard owner because I would be pissed right about now. He is going to eat into his production more than anyone thought before the season started.

15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

The kid's very talented but I think some of you bidding 33% of your money on him are crazy. He's a 3rd down back on a terrible offense. I don't think he's an rb2 as you'll never feel confident starting him. I kind of compare his value to duke Johnson. He's good bench depth that you can use for bye weeks but that's it imo.

3rd down back? Clearly you didn't watch Cohen today.

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

flex spot for me is where u would have a wr3/rb3.  Cohen looks like he will get the touch vlm to get you rb2 upside but an rb3 floor and we just  saw his ceiling of 27 ppr pts today which currently has him as the #2 rb in points this week.  The bears have no passing game and kendall wright is their wr1 by default so who else aside from wheaton is going to get the targets as Glennon checks down every game? Howard proved he cant catch the ball in clutch situations.

I don't think you can simply pick that type of potential production off the waiver every week, so I pay up for it today. What am I saving my FAAB for?

Cohen is going to play quite a bit this season. Think about it. Kevin White and Cameron Meredith are done for the season. On top of that Glennon is not a very good qb. Cohen will catch tons of dump offs and will be his qb's security blanket. He'll line up out wide and you better believe he'll cut into Howard's carries. Its hard to tackle Cohen because of his size, elusiveness, and quick lateral movement. 

I'm so glad i drafted this kid with a late pick!

36 minutes ago, CooL said:

Who did you start him over?

I hate to chase results, but if it looks like he's going to be the check down guy, he will have season long value.  Wish I could have rostered him before this week, but there's only so many "upside" guys you can stash and see what happens.  Sigh.

You are either chasing results or positioning ahead of them.  :D

20 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He was eating into Jordan Howard's PT. He's going to force a timeshare, and I'd bet that within a month Cohen ends up being the featured back.