Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Anybody benching if Stafford doesn't play?  Sounds like his hand is pretty jacked up.

 

If Stafford doesn't play, then yes I'll consider benching (for Goodwin).  I don't know much about the backup situation but it usually doesn't bode well for the top WR's when a new QB gets involved.  Will have to research the situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Yeah, let's see what Stafford's status is first....tough decision. I need to get to the championship and have decent WR options. Cooks, Gordon, Jordy, Marvin, Watkins

I don't think Marvin's pedestrian game last week was in Stafford so much, he only had 4 targets, and seemed like Tate had the much better game.  I believe Stafford's completion rate was pretty high, and threw over 40 times for 300 yards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I don't think Marvin's pedestrian game last week was in Stafford so much, he only had 4 targets, and seemed like Tate had the much better game.  I believe Stafford's completion rate was pretty high, and threw over 40 times for 300 yards.

 

Tate and Ebron seemed to get the majority of targets last week so that's a little concerning. Hopefully it was due to the matchup only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

 

Tate and Ebron seemed to get the majority of targets last week so that's a little concerning. Hopefully it was due to the matchup only.

I hope that was the case, but people in here seemed to think he was match-up proof, hence the "start him no matter what" talk after the Xavier Rhodes game.  So I'm not sure what to think of this dude.  It's like he's either in the game plan for the offense certain weeks, then he's not other weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

I hope that was the case, but people in here seemed to think he was match-up proof, hence the "start him no matter what" talk after the Xavier Rhodes game.  So I'm not sure what to think of this dude.  It's like he's either in the game plan for the offense certain weeks, then he's not other weeks.

 

Thing is on paper TB was a great matchup for him so his usage was a little confusing. Maybe stafford's hand injury is affecting his deep ball so he's settling more for the underneath routes? I'm just speculating here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tugginroot said:

He's technically not their #1?

 

his lead in yards and double tates tds would argue, but you are right  this has always looked more like a 1A 1B situation

 

Jones -  51 catches 885 yards 8 tds

Tate -  79 catches 852 yards 4 tds

 

Jones has looked like their WR1 more than tate this year tho if you ask me 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joelioli said:

Asked this question in the Tate forum, are we thinking this is a Tate game, Jones game, or both?

 

Does it sound like Stafford's hand improved? I'm hoping that was the reason for less deep targets last week.  Stafford practiced in full to close out the week. 

Both should get theirs, but favor Jones for a TD/s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu changed the title to Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...