Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be glad you did    Jones is good whenever not matched up against elite CB's. Stafford has too many options to force ball to Marvin vs elite shadow corners. If against elite corners who are st

Between Weeks 8 and 15 he struggled with foot and quadriceps injuries.  I still don't know the details of what they were, exactly.   The Lions, Caldwell in particular, are always super hush-

Thinking good thoughts, thinking Marvin warrants a 2018 thread.   Then again, I’d be ok with not starting a 2018 thread, with letting Marvin fall into obscurity a bit, promoting forgetfulne

The targets are scary because this guy is the team's deep threat. I don't have the numbers/charts but I would assume most of the routes he runs take longer to develop and are down the field. And he is probably deeper down the progression of receivers for the QB.

 

I wish they would involve him more on short or intermediate routes. He is very talented. I'm really thinking of going with Shepard over him this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, devaster said:

The targets are scary because this guy is the team's deep threat. I don't have the numbers/charts but I would assume most of the routes he runs take longer to develop and are down the field. And he is probably deeper down the progression of receivers for the QB.

 

I wish they would involve him more on short or intermediate routes. He is very talented. I'm really thinking of going with Shepard over him this week.

Literally in the exact same situation and mindset.... it’s either boom or bust for Marvin Jones lately..... if he doesn’t get that 60 yard catch last 2 weeks he would’ve been garbage, id rather get the safer floor in a guy like sterling Sheppard then the big play potential ceiling but very low potential floor in Marvin jones with only 3 catches the last 2 weeks very scared about that even though he’s looked like a beast 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Thoughts on 2018? 

 

 

 

Pretty good price so far. Has a solid QB, better O Line, better running game (?) and I believe Marvin has been a more efficient WR with his targets than Tate. Stafford seems to like him a lot and they might want to test MJ as the #1 with Tate entering the final year of his contract.

 

At the price he's at now, I like him a lot.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Thoughts on 2018? 

 

 

 

Thinking good thoughts, thinking Marvin warrants a 2018 thread.

 

Then again, I’d be ok with not starting a 2018 thread, with letting Marvin fall into obscurity a bit, promoting forgetfulness, and keeping his ADP lowish. There’s a chance his ADP will rise as high as Round 3 by September, whereas now it’s 5-6, $6-16 in auction.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FreakFries said:

better running game (?)

 

Haha.

 

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I believe Marvin has been a more efficient WR with his targets than Tate.

 Actually, Tate is more efficient and receives more targets, but Marvin’s TD ceiling is higher. 

 

I’ve been seeing these two switch places in drafts, even in PPR leagues, neither overly expensive, which would make sense only if Golladay has some monumental breakout.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Haha.

 

 Actually, Tate is more efficient and receives more targets, but Marvin’s TD ceiling is higher. 

 

I’ve been seeing these two switch places in drafts, even in PPR leagues, neither overly expensive, which would make sense only if Golladay has some monumental breakout.

 

That's it.

 

I was looking at targets the other day and Tate had a lot more of them but MJ finished with more points. On that note, I believe Tate was one of the lowest scoring WRs over the last few years among those with the amount of targets he had which I think is usually in the 130-140 range (?). I guess that could be because of Cooter's offense. Still, I like MJ.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

 

I was looking at targets ... Tate had a lot more of them but MJ finished with more points. On that note, I believe Tate was one of the lowest scoring WRs over the last few years among those with the amount of targets he had which I think is usually in the 130-140 range (?).

 

Thing is, what happens after the catch—YAC—is a category where Tate is golden, #1 for WRs, #4 overall in 2017 (just after Bell; notably the same ranking as 2016 as well). But as he’s a chain mover and not a red zone target, his role undermines his upside (i.e. PPR = no brainer; 120 targets last season, 135 the year before; standard = no thank you). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...