NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be glad you did    Jones is good whenever not matched up against elite CB's. Stafford has too many options to force ball to Marvin vs elite shadow corners. If against elite corners who are st

Between Weeks 8 and 15 he struggled with foot and quadriceps injuries.  I still don't know the details of what they were, exactly.   The Lions, Caldwell in particular, are always super hush-

Thinking good thoughts, thinking Marvin warrants a 2018 thread.   Then again, I’d be ok with not starting a 2018 thread, with letting Marvin fall into obscurity a bit, promoting forgetfulne

Recently picked up Jones off waiver wire--watched my first Lions game last Sunday night vs Steelers--came away thinking that the Lions have a pretty weak run game, and that Jones/Tate could feast in back half of the season as they are very pass oriented team. 

Curious on his ROS outlook? I need WR's in a bad way and have a pending trade getting Jones. 1PPR league.

FWIW, I sold Doug for Jones and Juju.

Jones has some tough matchups.

10 vs CLE

11 at CHI

12 vs MIN

13 at BAL

14 at TB

15 vs CHI

16 at CIN

On 10/31/2017 at 5:40 PM, joshua18 said:

WR2 ROS. Cake schedule next 2 wks.

More goodness to come ROS. Just saved me from AJ Green bomb and Brady bye in 2 leagues. 

In PPR he has more points than Dez, Cooks and Cooper and is only 0.3 points behind Julio. And he's already had his bye.

1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

His targets and specifically red zone targets and been impressive the past 3 weeks.

Hopefully Golladay doesn't eat too much into his targets.

Golladay is what i'm worried about.  Right now it's a two person passing game with Jones + Tate and Jones' elite stretch has come with Golladay out.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Golladay is what i'm worried about.  Right now it's a two person passing game with Jones + Tate and Jones' elite stretch has come with Golladay out.

You shouldn't be. Jones had a murderers row of CBs to start the season, and now he's feasting. Golliday and TJ Jones will fight for the leftover scraps.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic