NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook

11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You shouldn't be. Jones had a murderers row of CBs to start the season, and now he's feasting. Golliday and TJ Jones will fight for the leftover scraps.

Schedule isn't great ROS though:  CLE, CHI, MIN, BAL, TB, CHI, CIN.

2 great matchups, 2 awful matchups, and 3 below average matchups.

21 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This pisses me off.

where was this marvin last year, the year before? Someone scooped him on waivers for free and he produces like this? He sucks most his career and then does this.

screw off. 

That being said, looks like he’s as good a wr2 as any.

He was awesome to start last year.  Then faded off.  He's always had the potential especially when he gets the targets.

There's a chance he may fade off again but if he keeps getting double digit targets he should produce.

And the way the running game is, theres a good chance the targets will be there.

15 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

He was awesome to start last year.  Then faded off.  He's always had the potential especially when he gets the targets.

There's a chance he may fade off again but if he keeps getting double digit targets he should produce.

And the way the running game is, theres a good chance the targets will be there.

People forget that he got hurt in the GB game last year and was hobbled ROS. We're seeing what he can do when healthy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Happy to own mr. jones as a wr3 play for the ros in 100% of my leagues.   He is a hold, he does not have enough cache to bring equal value in a trade.  Playoff schedule is ranked #11 for wrs, not bad.

He's a stud. This is one player we can agree about ?.

36 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Schedule isn't great ROS though:  CLE, CHI, MIN, BAL, TB, CHI, CIN.

2 great matchups, 2 awful matchups, and 3 below average matchups.

Only bad matchup is MIN. BAL has played garbage/backup level QBs (Kizer, Manuel, Moore, Keenum) which inflates their pass defense stats. Since week 1, the only starter level QBs they've faced (Bortles, Mariota) have thrown for multiple TDs. Not scared of that matchup at all for Jones. 

3 hours ago, esoomer said:

Hes put up WR1 numbers the past 3 games, I sense a lot of old wounds in this thread.

For sure.  Avoided this guy like the plague after his hot start but terrible drop off last year.

So of course he's now balling.  At the relative expense of Golden Tate...

11 hours ago, joshua18 said:

People forget that he got hurt in the GB game last year and was hobbled ROS. We're seeing what he can do when healthy. 

Agree and also around that time Stafford hurt a finger on his throwing hand, both Stafford's and Jones' injuries really hurt the passing game and also Stafford became more of a dink and dunker with lots of short balls to Reddick and Tate.

14 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Anyone else get screwed over by this guy? I was hoping for a decent performance based on matchup but no luck. Do you guys think he is WR3 from here on out after Golladay's return? 

He has a way of disappearing as soon as you think he's for real.

His next few matchups look a little tough.  Adding Golladay into the mix probably didn't help either.

On 2017-11-13 at 10:43 AM, Nguvocity said:

I owned him last year and this same thing happened, first 6 weeks were solid with a few blow up games. Then he had duds 3 games in a row. Made me lose a couple games playing like that! 

I think he was hurt last year and that slowed him down considerably. He had gotten double digit targets three games in a row and looked great in those games. Then he only gets three targets, was it mainly the return of Golladay that caused this? Seems strange that they weren’t going his way. 

25 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I think he was hurt last year and that slowed him down considerably. He had gotten double digit targets three games in a row and looked great in those games. Then he only gets three targets, was it mainly the return of Golladay that caused this? Seems strange that they weren’t going his way. 

Jason mccourtey shadowed Him, who is an elite corner.  Probably made sense for Stafford to exploit the other matchups

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

In on 50 snaps and only three targets....WTF...just when it looked like he and Stafford could be trusted.

of course!

fantasy football 101, guy goes off on your bench you start him and he does nothing.

drives a person nuts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

Anybody worries about Kenny G being back and eating into his production?  Sell high before the bottom drops out??

Selling window is pretty much closed. Can't even get anything for him. I tried selling him for Baltimore D and got rejected lol

• tonycpsu changed the title to Marvin Jones 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic