NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Larry Fitzgerald 2017 Outlook

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

The pats don't trade for players and return draft picks, they do the opposite. IIRC Moss was a FA when he signed with the Pats.

It's really too bad though. Fingers crossed that Larry remains a startable PPR asset.

Didn't they trade a first-rounder for Cooks?

1 hour ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Is he droppable? The stat log with Stanton is concerning. Barely topped 30 yards. Usually only got 3 catches

I would say yes.  When would you ever feel comfortable starting him?  He had blowup potential with Palmer at QB and we saw that in the games against Dallas and Tampa Bay.  But even in the other 4 games with Palmer at QB, Fitz's yardages were 74, 21, 32, & 51.  Now Stanton is the QB and they face the Seahawks, Jaguars, and Rams within the next five weeks?

1 hour ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Is he droppable? The stat log with Stanton is concerning. Barely topped 30 yards. Usually only got 3 catches

Lots of variables at play that would make this decision a clear one, like your roster, positional depth/needs, and what's on the wire,

but generally I think we should wait a week and see what happens, fully aware that we already have games with stanton at qb, i still say give it a week. again, unless you really need to make a move with your roster

as soon as palmer's broken arm was announced a saw a tweet from a FF guru with stanton's target distribution and it was very good for Fitz. (sorry I can't recall to dig up the tweet) I'm going to give it a week at least before I bench him (but I'm wafer thin at wr)

He got a full week in with the 1's, it's not his first go round, who knows