NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Larry Fitzgerald 2017 Outlook

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2017 at 2:38 PM, CooL said:

Yeah, I know he faded, but he's still Fitz and probably a lock for oodles of targets and 90 receptions.  In PPR leagues, what more can you ask for out of a guy you can likely get in the 4th or 5th round?   Sign me up.

Yup. I draft him every year and never regret it. As long as targets are there, fitz will deliver 

Love him in PPR. He is a lock to outscore his draft position. In standard I go for higher upside players in that range, which may prove to be a mistake anyway: with Floyd gone and no TE worth mentioning, Fitz is easily their best redzone option in the passing game.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

Does Fitz stock rise a tad with DJ out? I'd imagine AZ playing from behind a ton. Who else do they have? Guy led the league in receptions last year. Anyone feel like he can put up high end WR2 numbers?

Guy is a low-end WR1 in PPR and consistent.  If he can avoid the year-end wear out, he is money.

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Guy is a low-end WR1 in PPR and consistent.  If he can avoid the year-end wear out, he is money.

I second this. He's a guy who I targeted in all my leagues because I feel he was a great roi this year. I'd be shocked if he didn't turn in near 1,000 yards and ~8 touchdowns.

16 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Continue to expect lots of catches with a low YPC and probably not too many touchdowns.  Still a strong PPR asset.  Larry Fitzgerald is essentially a tight end for this team now.

What I wouldn't give to move Fitz into my TE slot. Nevertheless He's absolutely a borderline 1/2 in full pt ppr

Fitz is one of those guys who isn't sexy to own, but year after year produces.  Kind of like a Jason Witten (I don't know if it's true every year for Witten but it seems to be.)

He is the top target for Carson and has a nice PPR floor.

11 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Continue to expect lots of catches with a low YPC and probably not too many touchdowns.  Still a strong PPR asset.  Larry Fitzgerald is essentially a tight end for this team now.

Should/could have scored 2 tds last week.  Uncharacteristicly dropped a pass in the end zone (a long td that clanked right off his hands) and one catch he did make, he was tackled at the one yard line. Now that DJ is out the offense revolves around him. I would expect him to push for 7-10 tds this year.  

I think he is going to be great as long as he can withstand the attention and hits. Losing DJ is going to mean a lot more defensive focus, resulting in a lot of hits. Palmer can't be counted on to be accurate enough to protect his WR. I just have a bad feeling about this whole team in general but at least this week's matchup is as favorable as it gets. 

As far as last year, if my memory is correct, Fitz was just needed less as a pass catcher, both other AZ pass catchers got healthy in second half of last season and DJ was healthy and being a god on field. So Fitz blocked because he's good at it.

I remember being frustrated seeing him on the field blocking for everyone else to make plays. Situation is different this year.