11.  Walker

12.  Rudolph

13.  Fleener

14.  Hooper

15.  Ebron

TIER 6

16.  Brate

17.  Thomas

18.  Honorary spot for Pitta - I will miss him.

At this point, I'd suggest your tier 4 dissolves, with Ertz and Bennett moving up and Doyle moving down (considering Tolzien). HHenry has too much competition for the ball.

5 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Folks are really down on Gronk, I landed him at 3.10 in a 12 man PPR Dynasty startup, with TE PREMIUM scoring this weekend. $200 per year entry with 2 seasons paid upfront, so not some random office league. 

Already posted this in the Gronk outlook thread, but I think he could put up an absolute monster season this year. The Pats are looking ridiculous and the addition of Cooks was a good thing for him. 

Cooks, Edelman, Hogan and Mitchell with Burkhead, Lewis and White in the mix?

Tom Brady is about to genocide the NFL. Gronk is going to pitch a tend in the end zone. Only thing holding him back as always is fitness. 

This is how it goes every year it seems. Gronk monsters it, is back in late round 1/early round 2 discussion. People pick him that high and he gets hurt, and his value drops again. 

The money drafts I've done have Gronk at the 2-3 turn and $30-35 in auction. Two years ago, Gronk was 1.10 overall and $55. Seems like a great buy at current prices... but then again, taking Bennett for $3 or Eifert for $1 seems more of a steal, despite Eifert's (and Ginger's) performance in pre-season.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are in an auction where Eifert is going for $1 I'd like an invite to your league next year.  But generally I agree there are going to be a couple of guys at the bottom end of auctions/drafts who will provide tremendous value.  Eifert, Doyle (if Luck is out all year of course he's not likely to be great), Ertz, Bennett, etc., you just have to see who falls.  You're not likely to see me reaching for any TE above about the 7th or 8th taken (usually closer to 12th or so) this season.

That said, the point about Gronk is valid - if he slips to the 2/3 turn in a 12-teamer I think you have to give him a hard, hard look.  That's a function of him being awesome and a lot of the WR options available at that turn being fraught with risk. 

2 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Really liking Zach Ertz, he's going to get a lot of volume... also hunter Henry, the guy is a beast and think he takes on a larger role this season. 

re: henry, isnt gates still around?  hes been rivers safety blanket for years.  hard to believe he just stops throwing to him all together (provided hes on the field)....

Gronk

Kelce

Graham

Reed

Ertz

Eifert

Olsen

Rudolph

Bennett

After that, avoid, except for maybe Hooper late. I love Henry's talent, but like everyone said, he's got too much competition for balls, and he won't do anything at all until Gates breaks that record. Walker has the same problem, too many mouths to feed now. I also think Brate could be a sneaky own, I think Winston really trusts him, and they may have two TEs on the field a lot (and when they don't, I think it will be Howard heading for the bench).

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

1. Kelce

2. Gronk

3. Olsen

4. Ertz

5. Everybody else.

Yes, i know i put Kelce above Gronk, do your worst boys.

I don't hate it, I think Kelce's in for a big year. Not as big as Gronk, if he stays healthy, but not as far off as most people think. My real contention is with leaving Jimmy Graham off the list. I think he explodes this year.

1 minute ago, Fierylady said:

I don't hate it, I think Kelce's in for a big year. Not as big as Gronk, if he stays healthy, but not as far off as most people think. My real contention is with leaving Jimmy Graham off the list. I think he explodes this year.

Graham wont beat Ertz.

This is the year for ertz

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Graham wont beat Ertz.

This is the year for ertz

I love Ertz too, I already have him on three teams and was hoping to get him on my last two, though last night's game might put a wrench in those plans. But I still wouldn't take him over Graham.

Henry is clearly the better player at this point and Rivers doesn't have many years left in the league... he was a rookie last year so obviously he wasn't going to get more playing time. This year it changes and you see whole lotta Henry out there. He's going to be a top 5 te. 

42 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

I love Ertz too, I already have him on three teams and was hoping to get him on my last two, though last night's game might put a wrench in those plans. But I still wouldn't take him over Graham.

I would and am. To each their own.

Too high of a price for Graham wgen i can get greater production 2 rounds later.

I think Ertz outproduces Graham this year

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

What's the earliest you guys would pick Kelce?

End of the 2nd Round. If I had #1 and got Bell, I'd love to snag Kelce and a guy like Cooks or Baldwin (if he fell) with him. That's two Top 2 at their position players and a Top 10 WR to start.

1 hour ago, rigadoog said:

Lol @ Ertz over Graham... really?

100 percent. Just watch the repoire wentz and ertz have.

78 catches for ertz last year and he missed some games.

You snooze you lose in fantasy football and ertz is the breakout star here.

Trading matthews shot ertzs stock through the roof.

3 hours ago, bgar15 said:

A lot of love for Ertz on here. I'm hoping it's not smoke & mirrors (again)

Ertz was Dominate the last few games last year and missed the first few games with a rib injury he suffered when he  and wentz were killing it in the preseason last year.

95 catches, 1100 yds 8-10 TDs for ertz is well within reach

6 hours ago, herschel said:

re: henry, isnt gates still around?  hes been rivers safety blanket for years.  hard to believe he just stops throwing to him all together (provided hes on the field)....

Gates was forced the ball last year to get the all time TE TD record. Check.

Gates had 93 targets.  Henry had 53 targets.  They had identical yards and TDs.

Flip Henry to 93 targets and Gates to 53.  Henry finishes top 3 TE.....assuming Gronk plays 12 games and Reed doesn't have a life ending concussion.

Kelce can't get a TD to save his life.  80 yards + 0 TDs = 20 yards + 1 TD.  He's consistent.