NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, SuperHans said:

With Meredith going down? 

Does anyone think Zach Miller could be a potential top 12 TE for targets alone?

Yeah as a Bears fan they don't have anyone to throw to.  He could be a huge waiver wire pickup after the first game.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pigskingpin said:

I never see talk of Brate in here. I have Brate, Clay, Jesse James and Zach Miller all chilling on the WW and I need to decide who to drop Hunter Henry for.

Clay is frequently injured. JJ, if he doesn't  catch a td is garbage. Miller is always hurt and he is old. Brate hands down the play here, imo.

3 hours ago, Pigskingpin said:

I never see talk of Brate in here. I have Brate, Clay, Jesse James and Zach Miller all chilling on the WW and I need to decide who to drop Hunter Henry for.

I was in the same boat as you (Henry owner) with the same options to choose from and it was a toss up between Brate or Clay and I ultimately went Brate.  At least for the beginning of the season I don't think Howard will really be a factor in the passing game with how well he blocks.  If Howard was out of the equation, Brate would be a top 8 TE pick in drafts.  The guy is talented in his own right.

Thought I would post top ten TE scores in FF as of week 2 compared to what we thought coming into the season. Obviously these numbers are very volatile after only two weeks but in FF and the stock market I like to say The Trend is Your Friend. Preseason rankings... 

Kelce

Gronk

JimmyG

Greg Olsen

Rudolph

Reed

Doyle

Ebron

Walker

Eifert

Here are the top ten as of Week 2...

Gronk

Witten

Hooper

Kelce

Ertz

Walker

Fleener

Jesse James

Engram

Everett

One thing that stands out to me is Ertz. He was ranked just outside the top ten in the very first post in this sub at 11. His QB Carson Wentz was ranked in the low teens. Not sure where Alshon was ranked for WRs(around 20?) but pretty sure it was nowhere near the top 10. Currently all three are ranked in the top ten in their positions. Wentz is 2nd, Ertz at 5, and Alshonn at exactly 10. Again, its only been 2 weeks, but the trend here is saying these guys should all be targeted via trade if possible imo. They've been on the road two straight weeks one at KC and still overperforming? I could see a scenario where a Gronk owner could trade for Ertz and a piece, bail out of the Gronk injury risk, improve at another spot, and not really lose much at the TE spot. Just a thought. The Eagles are going to be passing a lot this year from the looks of things after two weeks.

Also, Fleener at 7 is another guy I would probably try to trade out of, since once Snead comes back his numbers are likely to go down. You might be able to swindle someone out of a RB2 because I am sure there are quite a few TE desperate owners right now collecting near zero points every week.

Another player to target is Walker if possible. He hasn't really blown up yet, but he is just very consistent.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CrimsonGhost said:

how does te stack up ROS?  where do hooper,ASJ,and Kroft rank ROS?

Top 5 is still Gronk, Kelce/Ertz, Graham/Engram. Dunno after that because I have Engram. Hooper is definitely a low-end TE1 though imo.