Russell Wilson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

cmon russ put up another 40 spot for the boys in the rw thread

35 will do just fine, Mr. Wilson. Thank you

Won me my top score for the week pool for a 50 spot too. Russ is literally $$$$$

Mike Davis looked really good before he tweaked his groin, I think he could be a threat to the "all touchdowns go through Russell Wilson" thing that we have going right now.

1. on the list of "the awesome things about owning russ" you can add "is on a team that is not so good they will realistically not clinch before week 17, yet is on a team that is not so bad they will realistically not be out of the playoff hunt before week 17"
Edited by Anteater99

Its amazing how he always seems to start slow every year and then just turns it on.  Not a QB in fantasy I would rather have right now then him.  Perfect situation with no running game and beat up defense.  They will be in shootouts rest of this year.

If playoffs start Week 14, how worried should be be about Jax D.

They have destroyed nearly every QB they have faced, but I can't say they have faced any good QB competition this year (Savage/Watson, Mariotta, Flacco, McCown, Big Ben, Goff, Brissett, Dalton, Rivers, Kizer). Rivers and Mariotta only ones above 15 points.

I am pretty worried about the matchup. Would be sad to see a good year wasted with unlucky scheduling.

1 minute ago, pepper11 said:

If playoffs start Week 14, how worried should be be about Jax D.

They have destroyed nearly every QB they have faced, but I can't say they have faced any good QB competition this year (Savage/Watson, Mariotta, Flacco, McCown, Big Ben, Goff, Brissett, Dalton, Rivers, Kizer). Rivers and Mariotta only ones above 15 points.

I am pretty worried about the matchup. Would be sad to see a good year wasted with unlucky scheduling.

I own both, and I'm more tempted to start Russell over Jax D. I think he is matchup proof because of his legs.

Scared of being a Russell owner rest-of-season.

Philadelphia next week who has been tough.

Jags the week after (which also stinks as I'm a Jags owner).

Rams the week after, which he already laid a dud on.

I know 2nd half Russell (both season and ingame) is different from 1st half Russell, but man his playoff schedule is pretty rough (outside of Week 16). Anyone worried about him going forward, or are you just going to take it in stride?

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I know 2nd half Russell (both season and ingame) is different from 1st half Russell, but man his playoff schedule is pretty rough (outside of Week 16). Anyone worried about him going forward, or are you just going to take it in stride?

Are you really thinking about benching the number 1 player in fantasy this year?

It's FF. I'm worried about all my players laying duds. I think he'll struggle a bit, but as said before, all of Seattle's TDs go through him. Philly, I could see a shoot out. Jags defense is so good, I could see some weird defensive game there, where RW gets like 15 points. Rams, I think he'll play better...it's at home. 20+. Dallas? Should be another easy 20+.

Edited by tpat30
59 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Definitely a reason to be concerned with these matchups.  I've had Alex Smith as my backup all season, with the plan on using him at home v OAK the week Wilson faces the Jaguars.   You have to send him out there against the Eagles though and go from there.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Trade you Alex Smith.

I realize this forum thrives on negativity but until we see otherwise it's Tom Brady 1A and Russ Wilson 1B in this league.
Set it and forget it