NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Wilson 2017 Season Outlook

FinsUp24

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lotta talk in this thread about the worst line ever, that Seattle's O-line can't function, and I agree that changes must be made... but...

not a lotta talk about how voracious the Green Bay defensive line played. I have not seen the Packers' D-line play this well in years.

49ers and Titans up in weeks 2 and 3, and these defenses looked more stout up front than in the defensive backfield. Might be tough treading until week 4, when the Colts will offer Wilson X-mas in October.

4 minutes ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

Graham sucked yesterday.  I already regret taking Wilson. Should of waited another round and took Carr. 

Same here. I had Willy last year and I told myself i wouldn't take him again but I did. I hate myself!

Edited by HiFantasy

38 minutes ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

Graham sucked yesterday.  I already regret taking Wilson. Should of waited another round and took Carr. 

33 minutes ago, HiFantasy said:

Same here. I had Willy last year and I told myself i wouldn't take him again but I did. I hate myself!

He will be fine. Don't overreact after one week. Expect 3 TD's next week at home. 

On 9/11/2017 at 8:06 PM, HiFantasy said:

exact same story here. i said never again, this is my 3rd year w wilson.

Look the O line is terrible. Like super bad. This is not something that is going to be fixed overnight. It seems like the Hawks figure it all out by midseason (O line AND the run game), and Russ turns into God. Until then I am getting another QB off the wire and benching Russ. Need to see some serious improvement from the O line, and/or Russ puts together at least one or 2 actually good fantasy starts, even if it is in spite of the O line, and lack of a run game.

Evan Silva made Russ his MVP pick sometime during the week before the season started, that is why I put myself through this again for a third season. I would have waited a round or 2 longer and drafted Big Ben.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

7 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

Look the O line is terrible. Like super bad. This is not something that is going to be fixed overnight. It seems like the Hawks figure it all out by midseason (O line AND the run game), and Russ turns into God. Until then I am getting another QB off the wire and benching Russ. Need to see some serious improvement from the O line, and/or Russ puts together at least one or 2 actually good fantasy starts, even if it is in spite of the O line, and lack of a run game.

Evan Silva made Russ his MVP pick sometime during the week before the season started, that is why I put myself through this again for a third season. I would have waited a round or 2 longer and drafted Big Ben.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I suggest taking a chance versus NO at least.. 

7 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I suggest you stop listening to Evan Silva

2 minutes ago, HiFantasy said:

Projection this week?

I see 3 potential outcomes for Wilson this week:

1. He has an awesome fantasy day

2. He has an average fantasy day

3. He has another terrible fantasy day

Just put those 3 scenarios in a hat and pick one, because no amount of analysis will be helpful in any way.

I went and looked at every team to see if I can find a QB in a worse situation than Russell Wilson. I couldn't. 

I honestly believe he is in a worse situation than Jets QB, 49ers QB, and etc. This is based on a few factors.

First off, compared to the Jets yes his weapons are better. However, it isn't all by that far. The running backs are all mediocre at best if not below average. Baldwin is a competent WR. That's it. In reality, he is a WR2 that achieves low-end WR1 points in fantasy because he is forced into that role. Seattle's WR2 (Lockette) is a WR3 and Seattle's WR3 is a WR4. Basically, their WRs are all a step behind. Graham? Well, this is where a huge part of why I believe Wilson is in the worst situation in the league comes in: Bevell. I don't really follow other teams all that much but I am willing to bet he is, without a doubt, the worst offensive coordinator in the entire NFL. There is absolutely zero creativity in this offense. Nothing. He has no idea at all how to get his weapons involved. Just look at Jimmy Graham. The offense is entirely vanilla when you have an incredible QB and an incredible TE. 

Then you have the trump card: The offensive line. Yes, the Jets WRs are worse. Yes, the Jets RBs aren't all that great (although better than Seattle). However, their line isn't utterly pathetic. Neither is the 49ers. The Seahawks line is one of the worst in history like I mentioned before and you can make a very very valid argument that it is the worst ever. Even argue against that Eagles line that allowed triple-digit sacks. This is a 7 sack per game situation if the QB is someone like Manning who is not mobile. That is not an exaggeration. They are that bad. Wilson is running for his life on almost every play. Then when there is at times protection he is trying to find WRs that cannot get open at all. Drops after drops. 

That doesn't sound very promising for Wilson owners but the ray of hope is that the only person that is worth a damn on the sideline for the offense is Tom Cable. He is a great offensive line coach. If the line gels by mid-season then Wilson is a top 5 QB. The RBs will get somewhat going and if he consistently has time he can make plays. However, as of now, pathetic.

i'm mixed on Wilson, he was my #1 QB draft target if i drafted a QB early. So far hard to get a read on him. the packers game was understandable but at home againt SF is just a head scratcher. the only positives are 

1. He just can't perform worse fantasy wise

2. He is healthy