Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Wilson 2017 Season Outlook


FinsUp24
 Share

Recommended Posts

i chose this guy in both my leagues, with a decent mid round pick, not panicking yet but definitely a little worrisome..

 

I think this team needs to run the no huddle quick tempo offense, that's where they've actually you know, put points on the board? This then helps out the crap O-line they've assembled there as the D could get tired from the constant plays... I'd also like to see them run an offense with a lead early in the game for once..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I disagree. 

 

His receivers I would agree are quite bad. And we know the O line is trash. 

You disagree because?

 

Rawls is incredibly injury prone.

Lacy is fat and useless

Prosise is just as injury prone as Rawls

Carson is a 7th round pick that frankly hasn't shown anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You disagree because?

 

Rawls is incredibly injury prone.

Lacy is fat and useless

Prosise is just as injury prone as Rawls

Carson is a 7th round pick that frankly hasn't shown anything.

Carson has shown plenty so far.

 

I hate when people mention what round someone was picked in. What the hell difference does it make what round someone was picked in? He's a rookie who has passed everyone's eye tests, has played well in the limited snaps he's been given, and has earned praise from his teammates. 

 

Rawls is JAG and injury prone. Lacy is awful. Prosise is a COP back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Carson is a 7th round pick that frankly hasn't shown anything.

This is nuts. I agree the Seattle running game can be a bit convoluted, but to say Carson hasn't shown anything... I can only assume you haven't been watching. I don't know if he's a RB1 going forward, but he's definitely shown something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Carson has shown plenty so far.

 

I hate when people mention what round someone was picked in. What the hell difference does it make what round someone was picked in? He's a rookie who has passed everyone's eye tests, has played well in the limited snaps he's been given, and has earned praise from his teammates. 

 

Rawls is JAG and injury prone. Lacy is awful. Prosise is a COP back. 

 

8 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

This is nuts. I agree the Seattle running game can be a bit convoluted, but to say Carson hasn't shown anything... I can only assume you haven't been watching. I don't know if he's a RB1 going forward, but he's definitely shown something.

Hah, I haven't watched anything. I've watched everything. As for the 7th round pick, it is relevant until a player shows something. It becomes irrelevant once there is a sample size to go off of and in this case there isn't. Has Carson looked good? There is no doubt he has looked better than all the other RBs. However, his sample size indicates absolutely nothing. I couldn't care less if he has earned praise from his teammates if he has shown very little on the field. Until he can demonstrated consistently being able to deliver then the RBs are easily below average. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RyanK said:

I'm in full panic mode here. I had Cam last year and now this?

 

After Wilson plays the Colts Week 4, I'm thinking time to bail. Mistake!

This is why you bite the bullet on a set and forget option like Brady, Rodgers and Brees. They don't always have amazing games but they sure don't leave you hanging week in and out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

 

Hah, I haven't watched anything. I've watched everything. As for the 7th round pick, it is relevant until a player shows something. It becomes irrelevant once there is a sample size to go off of and in this case there isn't. Has Carson looked good? There is no doubt he has looked better than all the other RBs. However, his sample size indicates absolutely nothing. I couldn't care less if he has earned praise from his teammates if he has shown very little on the field. Until he can demonstrated consistently being able to deliver then the RBs are easily below average. 

You are bad at evaluating NFL talent. 

 

Anywho, Wilson will be fine. Don't worry about him. Seattle offense always starts slow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You are bad at evaluating NFL talent. 

 

Anywho, Wilson will be fine. Don't worry about him. Seattle offense always starts slow. 

Lmao apparently I'm terrible because I question players with no track record because you know...this forums history of such players is incredibly good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Lmao apparently I'm terrible because I question players with no track record because you know...this forums history of such players is incredibly good. 

Difference between questioning players and outright saying they're below average (which you did). He's not very proven but he's done enough to be labeled at least average. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, typh00n2k said:

 

Brady/Rodgers yes.. Bree's? He leaves you with multiple duds a year.

Brees has saved me countless times. He has a few duds but the man has thrown for 5k and 35 to 40+ TDs year in and out over the last decade, he's solid as hell.. Numerous 3 to 4 TD games in his track record. People sleep way to hard on Brees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Lmao apparently I'm terrible because I question players with no track record because you know...this forums history of such players is incredibly good. 

It's fair to question, but ludicrous to say Carson hasn't shown anything yet. Averaging 5.1 per carry (not counting the flashes we saw in preseason) while nobody else has done better than 2.8 with a weak o-line. Yes, it is a small sample size, but you have to admit there is major potential there. If Seattle commits to Carson & he gives them a legit running threat, that will make life easier for Wilson. I think you'll see that offense come around soon & the concern over Wilson will disappear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Difference between questioning players and outright saying they're below average (which you did). He's not very proven but he's done enough to be labeled at least average. 

I never said Carson is below average. I said the unit is below average which is undoubtedly true. When your best RB is a rookie picked in the 7th round and your backups are either fat or injury prone the unit isn't very good. Also, no I couldn't care less if you think where a player is picked is irrelevant. It's not until proven otherwise. As far as I'm concerned Carson hasn't proven otherwise yet. He got half of his yards on the last two drives when the 49ers defense was tired and in desperation mode. I couldn't care less what players did in the preseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the issue here is Jimmy Graham must've ****ed his mom or something. Dude refuses to throw him the ball. Also baldwin for some reason. (haven't been watching but statistically) I know the oline sucks but he's played with bad Olines for pretty much his whole career. 

 

 

I don't own wilson,but doesn't this O usually start slow? I wouldn't sell low and then have to watch him click mid season

Edited by Panthers8912
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

I think the issue here is Jimmy Graham must've ****ed his mom or something. Dude refuses to throw him the ball. Also baldwin for some reason. (haven't been watching but statistically) I know the oline sucks but he's played with bad Olines for pretty much his whole career. 

 

 

I don't own wilson,but doesn't this O usually start slow? I wouldn't sell low and then have to watch him click mid season

 

I don't know what game you watched yesterday but Jimmy got thrown at a few times early and he dropped a lot of them - EASY passes then he banged up his knee.  It was raining but still...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nosh0t said:

 

I don't know what game you watched yesterday but Jimmy got thrown at a few times early and he dropped a lot of them - EASY passes then he banged up his knee.  It was raining but still...

see the parenthesis 

 

glad to hear he got targets. He doesn't usually have a drop problem, weird 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

see the parenthesis 

 

glad to hear he got targets. He doesn't usually have a drop problem, weird 

Haha - my eyes went right to the ***** then didn't read further.  Yeah in scramble mode a lot even against SF.  Bottom line need pocket protection to last like 1 second longer and hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RyanK said:

Going with Kizer this week over him.

 

Then starting Russ Week 4 against Colts.

 

Then selling if possible. Had high hopes, bet on him for MVP actually, but clearly the O-line is going to be a problem all year. Ugly.

 

I just traded Wilson + Dougie Martin for Rodgers (to a big Seahawks fan). Could end up biting me but couldn't pass on Rodgers, especially with how Wilson has looked the past few weeks..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

 

I just traded Wilson + Dougie Martin for Rodgers (to a big Seahawks fan). Could end up biting me but couldn't pass on Rodgers, especially with how Wilson has looked the past few weeks..

1

 

Yikes, I think that is a horrid trade. Great job on that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...