NBC Sports Edge Forums

Baltimore Ravens 2017 Season Outlook

Source: Jeff Zrebeic - Baltimore Sun

Jeff Zrebeic, from the Baltimore Sun, believes the Baltimore Ravens are going to use more three-wide receiver sets in 2017. They used such formations on 58 percent of the offensive snaps in 2016, a mark that should increase this season. Joe Flacco ranked 11th in the NFL with 429 passing attempts with three or more wide receivers on the field last year. New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning led the league with 580 passing attempts in such personnel packages.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

For a fantasy forum... I'm surprised there's not more talk of DSTs.  They are clearly winning matchups for people and quite a few have been consistently dominant.  

Hope Ravens keep it up because their week  15 16 look great.

There is a D/ST thread in the AC Forum. I wish the mods would move it to here but I guess they think it's better suited there.

19 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I was so close to dropping them for the Lions this week due to Detroit being past the bye with a great upcoming schedule... wow, am I glad I held.

Next two weeks @Titans and then bye... I assume everyone is holding?

I'm holding unless I have the Jags D. Even then I'd probably still hold them and play matchups. They've put up double digit points in 5/8 games with three of them being 20+. Only real concern is the offense but it appears to be getting better each week. 

12 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

They were dropped in my league just before yesterday’s game, debating to use the number one waiver priority on them, great playoff schedule too 

I think this depends on your situation. If you're sitting in a good spot at 5-2 or better and looking at a possible playoff bye, I think they are absolutely worth it due to Week 15 & 16 schedule (if no one else emerges this weekend).

If you need to win now, they don't have a great matchup next week (@ TEN), and then are on bye, so I wouldn't do it.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Bump. I still like them against Cleveland and Indy weeks 15 and 16.

agree...i'm riding them until the end. I luckily have a bye week next week so don't need to worry about facing PIT

9 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Bump. I still like them against Cleveland and Indy weeks 15 and 16.

Yeah, I mean what D/ST are you gonna get off waivers that's gonna be better than that for 15 & 16?  I have the Ravens in both my leagues...  have a bye in one league, but scooped up the Bills (home v. Colts week 14) in the other. I wouldn't trust them next week at Pittsburgh.

Perfect timing to get suspended haha

NFL suspended Ravens CB Jimmy Smith four games for violating the policy on performance enhancing drugs.

It is actually good timing for Smith, who was just lost for the season to a torn Achilles. He will serve his suspension while on injured reserve and be eligible to play at the start of next season. First-rounder Marlon Humphrey should take over for Smith in the starting lineup.

Dec 4 - 9:28 AM
1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, I mean what D/ST are you gonna get off waivers that's gonna be better than that for 15 & 16?  I have the Ravens in both my leagues...  have a bye in one league, but scooped up the Bills (home v. Colts week 14) in the other. I wouldn't trust them next week at Pittsburgh.

Short answer is NONE.

I traded Funchess to get the Ravens defense because I think they will be the difference maker for teams who are playing for a title the last 2 games of the season.

3 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Picking up these guys was the best decision I made all season. They will win Championships for many players

Dropping them during the bye was the worst decision I made. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, chump0 said:

Anyone rolling these guys out next week?  I am nervous to start them.  Think I need to stream someone.

I thought it was a mistake playing them vs the Lions but it wasnt.  i wouldnt want to count on them having a good game vs the steelers.