NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Funchess 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TennisMenace said:

I don’t know what happened but I’m pretty bummed. TB is the easiest team to pass against. I know there was some wind, but was that the main reason why he only caught one of five passes?

It was the wind and because he sucks most of all. Cam sucks too

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I don’t know what happened but I’m pretty bummed. TB is the easiest team to pass against. I know there was some wind, but was that the main reason why he only caught one of five passes?

The passes i viewed were basically uncatchable

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Are you saying it was mostly Cams fault?  

Couldn't tell you who's fault it is, it could be Cam or play calling or miscommunication or poor rout running but I didnt see anything that was catchable

1 minute ago, CrastersCreep said:

He probably deserves to be on most benches but all you mouth breathers suggesting dropping him will be far more disappointed with whatever player you geniuses replace bim with. 

Id rather stash a Kicker than have this bum.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

kB can eat with cam so it is all funchess. He sucks...I cannot say this enough

This is so reactionary. 

Player A 33/357/3

Player B 32/475/2

Player A went undeafted and you got off waivers 

player B you drafted between rounds 5-8

Just now, CrastersCreep said:

He probably deserves to be on most benches but all you mouth breathers suggesting dropping him will be far more disappointed with whatever player you geniuses replace bim with. 

Thats impossible. I can take Robbie Anderson off the wire has put up 5 out of 8 double digit point weeks and Funchess  3 out of 8. 

The fact is Funchess opportunity and situation is deteriorating not improving despite what his target share numbers are. He is not getting quality targets.

Just now, dashoe said:

Thats impossible. I can take Robbie Anderson off the wire has put up 5 out of 8 double digit point weeks and Funchess  3 out of 8. 

The fact is Funchess opportunity and situation is deteriorating not improving despite what his target share numbers are. He is not getting quality targets.

Yes you can randomly a WR who wasn’t on

conletitive wires and had a good/great game. For every Robbie there’s equal/more busts that exist that you could have easily whiffed on.

like I said - funchess deserves to be on benches. In competitive leagues if you want to drop him for Torrey Smith go for it. You’re not going to find many players getting the volume he is or with the redzone chops.

The variable for Funchess is Cam and Cam's ability to run an offense. If Cam can't be an average QB, then there isn't much value in this offense. With Benjamin gone, if Cam can be average and get the ball to Funchess, there is value here still.

Just now, miasma16 said:

Thank god this happened Tuesday! Definitely don't consider him a WR1, and especially with Olsen coming back, but should be a solid WR2 ROS. Wide range of outcomes, though.

Good way of stating it. Definitely not dropping him. I know Cam sucks, but gotta hope he can turn it around and get the ball to Funchess. Too much of a target share here to just drop him to waivers.

he was already getting more than enough of a share of targets to put up numbers before the trade happened.  so the question really should be is it his fault or Cam's fault that he isn't more efficient with his targets?  in other words how many of those were true legit targets that he had a chance to make a play and how many of those were token targets that he got because the ball was being thrown away in his general direction, and how many of those are just really bad passes from Cam?