Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Devin Funchess 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

Just now, wideopen21 said:

 

LOL. yeah, the last thing you want is to be the #1 option on a team.  :rolleyes:

Would you want a number 1 option on a team that has an inconsistent and struggling qb and no other option. Is ATL putting Trufant on Samuel, McCaffrey or any other Car Wr this week? Would you feel comfortable starting Funchess this week with Trufant on him and expect number 1 wr numbers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kdubb44 said:

Would you want a number 1 option on a team that has an inconsistent and struggling qb and no other option. Is ATL putting Trufant on Samuel, McCaffrey or any other Car Wr this week? Would you feel comfortable starting Funchess this week with Trufant on him and expect number 1 wr numbers?

 

Nope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

If I’m a Carolina fan, I’m pissed.

if I’m a Fun owner, I’m not feeling that good about this trade because now I am top dog who gets top CBs to cover me. 

I wish I knew what the Panthers were thinking, it makes no sense.  The offense was terrible with KB, NOW.... UGH!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mjb said:

I wish I knew what the Panthers were thinking, it makes no sense.  The offense was terrible with KB, NOW.... UGH!!

KB trade is a whole downgrade for that Offense until Olsen comes back. Only thing I can think of is the Coaches and FO wanting to give Samuel and McCaffrey more looks and targets. They might also know something we might not know about KB( Failed Drug Test, Weight Issues, Off Field).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I dropped Funchess this morning and now this news comes out...of course. Now I will have to scramble to pick him back up in the morning.

 

 

I'm mixed after this news as I planned on dropping funchess tomorrow morn, this doesnt make the offense better, it doesnt make cam throw  improved passes.

What are people expecting more russell shepard and samuel and 2 te sets when olsen comes back?

Edited by dashoe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Typically in these type of situations (WR1 gets traded) I am hesitant because then a WR who doesn't truly have WR1 traits/skills/abilities/etc. will likely now be drawing WR1 attention.  But this is an exception.  I see lots and lots of stacked boxes which potentially means lots of quick slants to Devin, which would be good. 

 

Interested to see how this one plays out.  I was getting close to cutting this guy loose, glad I didn't.

 

Funchess has that ability. The problem is that Cam Newton is still throwing him the ball.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think about it, Funchess came to relevance mainly due to Olsen getting Hurt. He had KB which the defense would focus on, which would allow Funch to do his work. Now that KB is gone and Olsen is still waiting to come back who will the defense focus on? Sure they might stack the box more but it's not like McCaffrey or Stewart are running the rock well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Consistent with Carolina not wanting to pay impending FA's ...guess they figured Funchess can be the jump ball end zone threat and get Samuel in as the field stretcher role played by T. Ginn . Now if they can get the line healthy along with Cam the offense can shift gears to a more explosive one. Still nothing gets going until Cam gets more accurate and gets the ball out quicker

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Think about it, Funchess came to relevance mainly due to Olsen getting Hurt. He had KB which the defense would focus on, which would allow Funch to do his work. Now that KB is gone and Olsen is still waiting to come back who will the defense focus on? Sure they might stack the box more but it's not like McCaffrey or Stewart are running the rock well.

 

 

good point zero running game does not help funchess with kelvin gone because kelvin wasnt a fantasy stud he was relevant.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I'm mixed after this news as I planned on dropping funchess tomorrow morn, this doesnt make the offense better, it doesnt make cam throw  improved passes.

What are people expecting more russell shepard and samuel and 2 te sets when olsen comes back?

 

Guarantees more targets. So glad I got this guy in the 19th rd of my dynasty startup this summer. Still only 23 years old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

Panthers must believe in this kid. Glad I didn't rage drop. If he's going to be getting KBs endzone targets, it's gon be good. We'll see what happens as opportunity is about best-case as it can be. 

 

yup almost forced to hold him now as his situation is no longer deteriorating because it's a completely new situation that needs to be evaluated with new game play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Panthers must believe in this kid. Glad I didn't rage drop. If he's going to be getting KBs endzone targets, it's gon be good. We'll see what happens as opportunity is about best-case as it can be. 

He was a drop for me until I heard this news.  He gets Trufant this week....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

 

yup almost forced to hold him now as his situation is no longer deteriorating because it's a completely new situation that needs to be evaluated with new game play.

 

You should never have considered dropping him in the first place. He's a WR2-3 (#31 overall) so far and now is guaranteed 8+ targets/game even when Olsen comes back. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Would you want a number 1 option on a team that has an inconsistent and struggling qb and no other option. Is ATL putting Trufant on Samuel, McCaffrey or any other Car Wr this week? Would you feel comfortable starting Funchess this week with Trufant on him and expect number 1 wr numbers?

 

Carolina is in the playoff hunt and just traded away their #1 Wr for a 3rd pick. What does that tell you about what the team thinks of funchess?

Give me funchess with a gun slinger like cam and I'll take my chances every week. I'm not looking for efficiency, I'm looking for production and no more KB is a guaranteed boost to funchess production.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

He was a drop for me until I heard this news.  He gets Trufant this week....

 

Tough match up, but honestly I think Funchess is about as talented as KB, and I think he will put similar numbers to him if KB had stayed on the Panthers.

 

Also, he's the WR1 on a decent team, and pretty much all WR1s are rosterable besides the Browns / Jax / TN from top of my head, and everyone is touting Coleman / DeDe / Davis as pickups. I'd rather have Funchess than all of those guys and it's not close.

Edited by yahyahtrick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Carolina is in the playoff hunt and just traded away their #1 Wr for a 3rd pick. What does that tell you about what the team thinks of funchess?

Give me funchess with a gun slinger like cam and I'll take my chances every week. I'm not looking for efficiency, I'm looking for production and no more KB is a guaranteed boost to funchess production.

 

 

 

 

I dont think the trade has anything to do with Funchess. Just Carolina being dumb again.

Edited by Evincar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

I dont think the trade has anything to do with Funchess. Just Carolina being dumb again.

 

You really think an NFL franchise trades away their WR1 without any regards to the future of their WR2?

 

I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but Funchess has high draft / college pedigree, big bodied, fast, and overall talented dude. I guarantee you this is going to be a "Are you our WR1 of the future" tryouts for Funchess.

 

Not saying he's going to light it up, but I think he can definitely replicate KB-CAR numbers.

Edited by yahyahtrick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

I dont think the trade has anything to do with Funchess. Just Carolina being dumb again.

 

Disagree. Panthers are in the playoff hunt. They aren't mailing it in for a higher draft pick. Funchess provides much of what KB does, and could be argued that Funchess can be just as good if not better than KB. Panthers might as well get something for KB if they aren't going to re-sign him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, joshua18 said:

 

You should never have considered dropping him in the first place. He's a WR2-3 (#31 overall) so far and now is guaranteed 8+ targets/game even when Olsen comes back. 

 

 

Easy drop before the news for me #31 wr rank is meaningless, it's backwards looking and i dont use # based ranking i use tiers which makes it easier to value players for my needs. The target share is meaningless when put into the context of quality targets/catchable balls. Also the QB play was poor and olsen due to return so when i look at his situation it was deteriorating on a forward looking basis therefore not worth holding on my roster. 

Now his situation has completely changed and I'm ok holding to see the results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...