Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Devin Funchess 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Don't know, but Trufant has been bad this year. Most recently was lit up by the Jets WRs last week. 

 

Okay, I decided not to be lazy so I checked out Evan Silva’s article and he said Fun will be opposite Trufant most of the time. So, if you said it doesn’t matter because Trufant hasn’t been shut down then no big deal. So, maybe Fun might get me a good result. I hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Guess I have to keep funchess now because you know a TD is going to come with his targets.  Sux to count on cam to make your wr relevant but thats what it is :unsure:

 I still don’t understand what you’re complaining about. Not everyone is Dez Bryant, oh wait Aj Green, or any other guy that’s been up and down. Not everyone can be Todd gurley man.

 

This a guy who has been a WR2 and is likely to be a WR2 with big upside. You either drafted him in one of the last rounds or picked him up on waivers.

 

 

and he scored 15 points in ppr and you’re still whining. 

Edited by CrastersCreep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

 I still don’t understand what you’re complaining about. Not everyone is Dez Bryant, oh wait Aj Green, or any other guy that’s been up and down. Not everyone can be Todd gurley man.

 

This a guy who has been a WR2 and is likely to be a WR2 with big upside. You either drafted him in one of the last rounds or picked him up on waivers.

 

 

and he scored 15 points in ppr and you’re still whining. 

 

Some members just like to complain because that is their thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

 I still don’t understand what you’re complaining about. Not everyone is Dez Bryant, oh wait Aj Green, or any other guy that’s been up and down. Not everyone can be Todd gurley man.

 

This a guy who has been a WR2 and is likely to be a WR2 with big upside. You either drafted him in one of the last rounds or picked him up on waivers.

 

 

and he scored 15 points in ppr and you’re still whining. 

 

 

Just like I don't get your need to respond to posts where u choose to attack the poster instead or opine about the message simply because you don't agree with it.

 

So here let me help u out,  Funchess for the needs of my roster isnt doing anything special and there are multiple players off the wire that can give similar results on a week to week basis. he was the #2 targetted pass catcher on the  offense before being promoted to the wr1 and it's more of the same with a larger share of the passing game. So it's frustrating because the QB is not helping him much. 

So stop whining about me whining sport and stop stalking me through multiple threads commenting on posts in other threads it's a bit creepy :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Just like I don't get your need to respond to posts where u choose to attack the poster instead or opine about the message simply because you don't agree with it.

 

So here let me help u out,  Funchess for the needs of my roster isnt doing anything special and there are multiple players off the wire that can give similar results on a week to week basis. he was the #2 targetted pass catcher on the  offense before being promoted to the wr1 and it's more of the same with a larger share of the passing game. So it's frustrating because the QB is not helping him much. 

So stop whining about me whining sport and stop stalking me through multiple threads commenting on posts in other threads it's a bit creepy :rolleyes:

I’ve posted in here numerous times, where have I followed you? The fact that your feelings are so hurt to point where you’re claiming I’m following you around because I disagreed with you in a thread and made a fool of you/fun of you is pretty creepy.

 

out of curiosity what kind of WRs are on your waiver wire that are seeing 10 targets a game and ranked as top 20 WRs?

Edited by CrastersCreep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CrastersCreep said:

I’ve posted in here numerous times, where have I followed you? The fact that your feelings are so hurt because I disagreed with you and made fun of you is pretty creep.

 

out of curiosity what kind of WRs are on your waiver wire that are top 15 WRs?

 

 

Actually i'm going to save you me and other posters this silly engagement between us and put you on the IGNORE LIST.  No one likes reading personal crap like this and it's disruptive to a thread. 

Take care chum :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

 

Would have loved a td. Love those quick 6points. 

 

Everybody wants TDs.  They will come, just hard to predict TDs. But at least trends of targets can be predicted fairly well when we have as much data (games) as we do already to see how Funchess is used. 

 

Remember the below:

 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:25 PM, Boudewijn said:

 

1y7b2m.jpg 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mrbonifacio said:

What a stud. Cam needs to target him more. D Funk has that big play ability. 

Very happy with the points, very disappointed with what I saw from Cam. If he gets outtargeted by 2 of his team's wide receivers in a game where Samuel got injured in the 3rd quarter and Shepard was predictably awful, it doesn't bode well going forward. Especially against teams that aren't among the league's worst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he is doing well for his second game as a primary receiver. The panthers are getting him involved in different positions and routes....like what cooper needs. So they aren’t always covered by a number one corner.

 

He can catch the ball and I noticed as far as recognition, the dolphins were guarding him with either lb help underneath or a safety over the top from the plays I saw. I didn’t watch close enough. Tough matchups in NO and minn but I think it’s manageable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Funchess kills it against a terrible Miami def and he was the ONLY pass catcher that looked good catching and running after the catch he was something like 5 for 6 whereas the other wr's were terrible with drops. 

Panthers gamescript was obviously short dinky chain moving passes to everyone else Dickson, samuel  bersin,shepard,cmc.

I'm really not encouraged by the target distribution and the fact that they were using Funchess to set up blocks downfield.  If Olsen comes back I can see Cam focusing in on him alot. 

Cam really should take a few more vertical passes to Funchess when the running game is working, seeing he is currently the only big body WR on the team and he does get enough separation; granted he is not gettting the same separation Samuel is getting but for downfield plays certainly enough to make those attempts.  Two targets for an entire half is a sin and 6 for a complete blowout is almost depressing when  he was the best pass catcher and made big plays. Still a hold for me or sell high to upgrade other slots on my roster for the playoffs; love the td's but not the volume and usage.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...