NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Funchess 2017 Season Outlook

37 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Why is everyone complaining about targets? Is 8-10 not enough? He has rec less than 8 3 times this yr, 6 being two of the games.....Not many guys get 12-15 targets weekly.....Olsen will help spread the defense. Weapons are always a plus. They run funchess everywhere, he is fine esp with how up and down almost all wrs have been this yr

He didn't get 8-10. He got 6, and is far and away the best wideout on the team. We watched the game, clearly you didn't.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Are you upset? :rolleyes:

I did pick him up off the waiver and so what waiver, trade or draft pick doesn't matter if i put them on my roster, equal opportunity expectations for everyone. Thats the reason why i can add/drop and trade with ease. I don't fall in love with players I assign value to them for trade purposes. 

I also don't get upset if others don't agree with my process. . .:lol:

In what way did my post sound upset? I was just pointing out what I see. For the record, we all want our WW picks to be WR1s. "Process" ?

6 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

In what way did my post sound upset? I was just pointing out what I see. For the record, we all want our WW picks to be WR1s. "Process" ?

I felt that you were kind of mad bro, you came at me like we were in a Step Up movie and you was challenging me to a dance battle inside of Abercrombie and Fitch because I took the last pair of extra ultra skinny jeans :P

Edited by dashoe
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

He didn't get 8-10. He got 6, and is far and away the best wideout on the team. We watched the game, clearly you didn't.

I watched the game, and i started him and will continue to unless my other options are better. Did i once say he wasnt the best wideout on that team? What i said regarding other wide outs is that carolina was excited to see what samuel could do and he showed he can drop balls. I like funchess, cam on the other hand is more up and down than a roller coaster. 

Thanks for your insight tho

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I watched the game, and i started him and will continue to unless my other options are better. Did i once say he wasnt the best wideout on that team? What i said regarding other wide outs is that carolina was excited to see what samuel could do and he showed he can drop balls. I like funchess, cam on the other hand is more up and down than a roller coaster. 

Thanks for your insight tho

Cam is playing better now that he is healthy(er).  When he gets banged up and that shoulder bothers him his passes can be really bad.  Thing is MIA couldn't stop the run last night as shown by the 300 yards rushing.  Teams are going to have to start stacking the box and shadowing Cam if hes going to take off like he did last night.

I can only hope that leads to more targets for Funchess.  But CAR didn't need to throw much more than they did when they jammed the ball down MIAs throat by running it.  That is a concern as well for targets.

7 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Cam is playing better now that he is healthy(er).  When he gets banged up and that shoulder bothers him his passes can be really bad.  Thing is MIA couldn't stop the run last night as shown by the 300 yards rushing.  Teams are going to have to start stacking the box and shadowing Cam if hes going to take off like he did last night.

I can only hope that leads to more targets for Funchess.  But CAR didn't need to throw much more than they did when they jammed the ball down MIAs throat by running it.  That is a concern as well for targets.

Pretty impressed by Carolina yesterday but I want to see more consistency. Samuel is now out for the season and he was on his way to be an emerging weapon.

Miami is a joke.

I got Thielen for a package of Funchess and ASJ, but man, impressed that Funchess is continuing the value he is. Looks like he will blossom with Benjamin being gone.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, yahyahtrick said:

What are your thoughts and outlook on Funchess?

Ice owned him and played him all year. His last game should be a normal game for him but for some reason it hasn’t been. With Olsen back, this can’t be any better for Fun, especially around red zone. I see him now a possession receiver. 

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

Ice owned him and played him all year. His last game should be a normal game for him but for some reason it hasn’t been. With Olsen back, this can’t be any better for Fun, especially around red zone. I see him now a possession receiver. 

The last game was a blow out against a terrible Miami defense, so I wouldnt call that a 'normal' game. Olsen back should help the running game. I don't think Olsen hurst Funchess given that samuel is out. I wouldnt be surprised if you see the Panthers use more multiple TE sets.  The coaches are very dedicated to the short passing game and power run so I don't anticipate any uptick in Funchess targets. What you hope for is Cam will deliver catchable balls for him and he gets more redzone looks. Where Funchess really shines and where Kelvin didnt in my view is his YAC's  which means Cam has to really place the ball where Funchess has room to make his move up the field. 

With Sterling shepard having a mysterious migraine malady, Diggs only avg 5 tgts after the bye and tate not getting quality targets ; I'm already regretting trading Funchess during the panthers bye

Edited by dashoe
28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

The last game was a blow out against a terrible Miami defense, so I wouldnt call that a 'normal' game. Olsen back should help the running game. I don't think Olsen hurst Funchess given that samuel is out. I wouldnt be surprised if you see the Panthers use more multiple TE sets.  The coaches are very dedicated to the short passing game and power run so I don't anticipate any uptick in Funchess targets. What you hope for is Cam will deliver catchable balls for him and he gets more redzone looks. Where Funchess really shines and where Kelvin didnt in my view is his YAC's  which means Cam has to really place the ball where Funchess has room to make his move up the field. 

With Sterling shepard having a mysterious migraine malady, Diggs only avg 5 tgts after the bye and tate not getting quality targets ; I'm already regretting trading Funchess during the panthers bye

Yeah, looking at your roster, I can see your concern about your WRs. I see you got rid of Dede already, whereby I picked him up last night. Josh Gordon might be your hero though in the playoffs.   We should know more about Corey at 4:00 pm. I too hope he can be useful. As for Funchess, I have a bad feeling I won’t be seein many, if any, more tds come his way.  I hope I’m wrong. 

4 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Well I was asking the Panthers fan specifically, we've all seen your thoughts / concerns ITT :D:P

Im not that worried about Olsen. In fact I think it's very possible it helps Funchess. I personally was iffy about Funchess being the only viable rec option on the Panthers. Olsen will open up the offense more and draw coverage. Plus Olsen was never really a go-to redzone / GL / jump-ball guy like Jimmy Graham.  However they do use Funchess for these type of looks.

Benjamin was a viable and decent fantasy option with Olsen. WR2 with WR1 upside. I don't see why it won't be the same for Funchess. 

Edited by yahyahtrick

I got him for free in a dynasty free agent draft and dropped him the week before Olsen got hurt. Another owner immediately scooped him. Liked the talent {Player profiler has his comp as Brandon Marshall). I just thought it would take a couple of years for him to relevant because of the bromance between Newton and Benjamin....yea it's going to take a long time to get over that one. Guy is a flat out stud. 

Edited by pikerbkb

12 targets is beauty.  7-108 I will take every day.  We know he can score TDs and Olsen is banged up again.

Even with Olsen healthy I think Funchess will continue to impress.  Cam is building up confidence in Funchess and it shows with 12 targets. This kid is only 23 and has lots of room to grow and work on his chemistry with Cam. 

2 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

12 targets is beauty.  7-108 I will take every day.  We know he can score TDs and Olsen is banged up again.

Even with Olsen healthy I think Funchess will continue to impress.  Cam is building up confidence in Funchess and it shows with 12 targets. This kid is only 23 and has lots of room to grow and work on his chemistry with Cam. 

Olsen isnt even Healthy, he avoided another break but he was sidelined again yesterday. He may miss week 13 and funchess should again see double digit targets

Greg Olsen - TE - Panthers

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports X-rays on Greg Olsen's foot came back negative.

It means he has avoided another break, although he will be examined this week by Dr. Robert Anderson, who performed his surgery. Despite the good news, Olsen's status remains completely up in the air.
Edited by Zekepeak86

Rock solid Free agent find. His yards per catch is increasing over the last three weeks as well which was an initial concern with the departure of Benjamin.

I almost traded this guy away earlier this year as I was getting some really good offers but in a keeper/dynasty league I just had to hold.  He continues to get better and more comfortable being the #1 guy.  Last year in his thread you would have seen me all over it saying "stay away".  But this year watching him he looks different, he is more aggressive and looks faster than what I remember.  Maybe he's playing with more confidence now knowing he's the #1 guy.

This could be a great finish to the season but also for those who have him in a keeper league.  Him and Cam look to have some good chemistry together.