Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Funchess 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

I thought you didn't like Funchess and were going to drop him?

 

 I never dropped Funchess I traded him.  Also I never said i didn't like him I said i thought his situation was deteriorating particularly with Cam as his QB; there is a difference u know when analyzing the player and the players situation.  So you know -  late season TRADING is that thing you do when you are trying to improve your team for a title run after going 10-2 and locking up wk 14 bye.  Sold him on the high after Miami game for  kicker and Ravens def that plals CLE wk 15 and IND wk 16.  So left me with a wr rotation of Sterling-tate-diggs and Josh Gordon and corey davis as my playoff lottery tickets. Funchess won we a few games and I moved on.

Thanks for asking! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 I never dropped Funchess I traded him.  Also I never said i didn't like him I said i thought his situation was deteriorating particularly with Cam as his QB; there is a difference u know when analyzing the player and the players situation.  So you know -  late season TRADING is that thing you do when you are trying to improve your team for a title run after going 10-2 and locking up wk 14 bye.  Sold him on the high after Miami game for  kicker and Ravens def that plals CLE wk 15 and IND wk 16.  So left me with a wr rotation of Sterling-tate-diggs and Josh Gordon and corey davis as my playoff lottery tickets. Funchess won we a few games and I moved on.

Thanks for asking! :D

 

Sounds like you sold low. You have been wrong about Funchess this whole time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Funchess, I never liked Cam. I was so close to dropping him right before the KB trade, so i was one of those. You had to hold once that trade happened. He will get a solid 8 targets a game minimum I feel. What Im hoping for is them to get in a shootout and then see the 13 or 14 targets funchess gets and reels in 10 catches for 140 and 2 td. Im hoping that is this week against a good scoring NO team. 

 

Only game im worried about is Minn.

Edited by Zekepeak86
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

 

Sounds like you sold low. You have been wrong about Funchess this whole time.

 

 Not sure I follow your logic on how I have been wrong on funchess this entire time when I have clearly owned him since Sept 22.

I agree i sold cheap but I wanted the ravens def more than I wanted Funchess wk 15-16

Sometimes I think you fall in love with your players and you don't accept that others have views that may be divergent from yours.

I manage my roster not an individual player

 

Fri, Sep 22
8:57 AM
icon_adddrop.gifTransaction  
Add/Drop
DASHOE dropped Orleans Darkwa, NYG RB to Waivers
DASHOE added Devin Funchess, Car WR from Free Agency to Bench
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShowStopper said:

You guys worried about the jammed toe? Supposedly he got hurt during the game 

 

I watched the entire game (Jets fan) and Funchess looked great. He was inches away from turning 7-108 into 9-150-1. He was clearly Cam's fave target and Cam insisted on forcing balls to Funchess even when he was covered and Funchess managed to rip the ball away from Jets defenders. 

My only problem with Funchess is that in the one league I own him, I am stacked at WR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chargergirl said:

Just saw the news that the Saints' elite CB Marshon Lattimore is expected to start despite bad ankle.  Rotoworld and PFF both calling this bad news for Funchess.  Thoughts?

 

They are limiting but not shutdown corners. The concern is more on Cam delivering the ball to a place Funchess can make a catch. Funchess is 6'5 240, very hard to shutdown someone that big if the QB puts the throws where his size gives him the advantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chargergirl said:

Just saw the news that the Saints' elite CB Marshon Lattimore is expected to start despite bad ankle.  Rotoworld and PFF both calling this bad news for Funchess.  Thoughts?

Probably Funchess should target his ankle on first couple plays. Forget about catching the ball... and kick away at that bad ankle. Try and knock it loose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chargergirl said:

Just saw the news that the Saints' elite CB Marshon Lattimore is expected to start despite bad ankle.  Rotoworld and PFF both calling this bad news for Funchess.  Thoughts?

He was barely was cleared but they act like the ankle is 100%. I think funchess will have enough targets(over 10) to have a good day. Sa Bye have a good offense and I think this game ends up being pretty exciting. 

 

I could be wrong, I didn’t play anyone for TNF because I had none of them, but I butchered every decision mentally. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

He gets Xavier Rhodes this week so not too excited but the targets will be there atleast

 

Yeah, look what he did to Julio. Cost me my chance for playoffs in my second league. 

 

Ok, so both he and Diggs are benched. Who is left?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I benched Marvin Jones, Jr. on Thanksgiving vs Rhodes so there's that :P

 

Depends on your other options and if you need a solid game or  huge game. Risk of a bust looms large but like Detroit I don't think the Panthers can run so like Stafford our boy Cam will be chucking it around over 35 times. Might be TD dependent for a big game to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

He gets Xavier Rhodes this week so not too excited but the targets will be there atleast

 

It's the quality of the targets that matter. Will Cam deliver him the ball where his 6'5 frame can be used to catch the ball. I don't think the panthers are going to be able to dink and dunk all night to cmac and beat the vikings

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...