Devin Funchess 2017 Season Outlook

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Targets vs saints:

Christian McCaffrey       11
Devin Funchess   10
Ed Dickson       1
Kelvin Benjamin        2
Curtis Samuel       5

So Funchess was heavily targeted as predicted with Olsen out and Kelvin gimpy but I didnt see the game and I cant' attest to the quality of the targets.

If they sat Cam he'd probably be even better. Hearing that KB's injury is no big deal. Wait and see.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Darth Vader said:

He has the '3rd year breakout' going for him, so there's that. Cam is question mark though...

Yep. All about Cam and Funchess' hands. If he didn't do much against NO I don't see him doing much vs NE if KB plays. If he had excelled vs NO he'd be a hot pickup.

5 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Yep. All about Cam and Funchess' hands. If he didn't do much against NO I don't see him doing much vs NE if KB plays. If he had excelled vs NO he'd be a hot pickup.

He was targeted mainly after KB left in the 1st quarter in the NO game. Assuming KB sits out, Funchess might be de facto #1 and if he gets 10+ targets, there is a good chance he will provide WR3 numbers with WR2 upside.

Also, NE is poor in Pass defense this year so far (Link)

I dropped him today, I dont think his play will be sustainable, i want to take a shot on corey davis who was dropped to the waiver today(now rethinking with Mariotta injury). I figured Funchess would have a breakout game but in my decision making i don't want to own any part of the Panthers offense until there is some consistency with the QB play.  I already have inconsistent QB as a  Garcon owner.

Edited by dashoe

15 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This guy is always really touted by Matt Kelley and the player profiler.

hes looking good though. I’d say a solid WR3 right now. Cam also played his best game in what feels like years.

the patriots might have the worst defense in the league.

WR3 sounds about right to me. I flexed him this week and was happy with the results. He looked good out there.

I think he has bright outlook going forward, and more trust from Cam. We start 3 WR's in my main money league, and I have no problem starting Funch in that spot ROS.

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

I dropped him today, I dont think his play will be sustainable, i want to take a shot on corey davis who was dropped to the waiver today(now rethinking with Mariotta injury). I figured Funchess would have a breakout game but in my decision making i don't want to own any part of the Panthers offense until there is some consistency with the QB play.  I already have inconsistent QB as a  Garcon owner.

You what?  Scratching my head on this one bro! 

16 hours ago, calibar said:

he did get a lot of a looks from Cam but it was mostly when K Benj was being followed by S. Gilmore so take it for what its worth

I own Benjamin so picking up a second Panther with a qb who is not accurate makes no sense. I just hope KB gets some tds and not Funchess.