NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Lonzo Ball 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Kaboom

9 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

was pretty much like 2 college teams playing.

Either of these teams would go undefeated in college by an average margin of victory of 40 points.

Yes, neither of them are defensive juggernauts but both have a bright future especially the Lakers. You can say what you want about the defense but unless you watched the game frankly your opinion on Ball is irrelevant. His ability does not reflect in the box score despite the fact he lit it up. His passing and vision is the best a rookie has had since I can remember. He would have had near double-digit assists last game if his team wasn't utter trash. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

was pretty much like 2 college teams playing.

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Either of these teams would go undefeated in college by an average margin of victory of 40 points.

Yes, neither of them are defensive juggernauts but both have a bright future especially the Lakers. You can say what you want about the defense but unless you watched the game frankly your opinion on Ball is irrelevant. His ability does not reflect in the box score despite the fact he lit it up. His passing and vision is the best a rookie has had since I can remember. He would have had near double-digit assists last game if his team wasn't utter trash. 

I doubt the Suns would go undefeated, their whole squad minus two players is pretty much a college team.

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I doubt the Suns would go undefeated, their whole squad minus two players is pretty much a college team.

anyone who thinks an nba team wouldnt go undefeated against college teams is delusional, pretty much the worst euroleague team would destroy any college team

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I really don't want to sound too harsh but if you honestly think that I would question anything further you have to say.

First off, the NBA is a collection of less than the top 1% of the college athletes. You want to take the Kentucky team that nearly went undefeated and can be regarded as one of the best teams in recent memory? They had 43% of their team get drafted. Out of all those, maybe 4 or 5 are relevant. Booker being one of them. 

Now take these players, and make them bigger, smarter, faster, stronger, quicker, better shooters, better IQ, better defense, and literally better everything else. Take these kids and make them into men. You have no idea how much they develop over the course of two years from college to NBA. Frank Mason isn't even regarded as a very good NBA prospect yet he lit it up because he was a man amongst boys in a sense. Booker would wipe the floor with him if he was in college last year. 

Now take it a step further. The NBA 3 point line is 3 ft further than college. Imagine taking guys like Booker and Bledsoe and letting them move up 3 feet. Take a guy like Chandler and just let him sit in a zone and swat anyone that comes near him. 

You sound like a fool thinking the Suns would not go undefeated. They would wipe the floor with any team.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I really don't want to sound too harsh but if you honestly think that I would question anything further you have to say.

First off, the NBA is a collection of less than the top 1% of the college athletes. You want to take the Kentucky team that nearly went undefeated and can be regarded as one of the best teams in recent memory? They had 43% of their team get drafted. Out of all those, maybe 4 or 5 are relevant. Booker being one of them. 

Now take these players, and make them bigger, smarter, faster, stronger, quicker, better shooters, better IQ, better defense, and literally better everything else. Take these kids and make them into men. You have no idea how much they develop over the course of two years from college to NBA. Frank Mason isn't even regarded as a very good NBA prospect yet he lit it up because he was a man amongst boys in a sense. Booker would wipe the floor with him if he was in college last year. 

Now take it a step further. The NBA 3 point line is 3 ft further than college. Imagine taking guys like Booker and Bledsoe and letting them move up 3 feet. Take a guy like Chandler and just let him sit in a zone and swat anyone that comes near him. 

You sound like a fool thinking the Suns would not go undefeated. They would wipe the floor with any team.

i think hes a clippers fan bro.. historically they've had some teams that were college level squads. that's probably why he thinks that. 

I would hesitate on trading Lonzo if you're punting FG%.

He's on a team whose big men don't really rebound and I would say aside from Westbrook, there's no guard in the league who can rebound as well as Lonzo already does. If his usage remains around what it was in the Phoenix game, he'll rack up assists even those his team has no real shooters.

Might be premature, but he's going to be on triple double watch A LOT this season.

• Like 2

The current versions of Bledsoe, Booker, and Warren would probably be the three best players in college basketball right now and Jackson is an elite prospect who was in national player of the year contention last year, so it's safe to say they would wreck college b-ball.  Gonzaga and UNC played for the title last year with two NBA players on the floor (Collins and Justin Jackson), who will both probably be scrubs in the NBA.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjk356 said:

The current versions of Bledsoe, Booker, and Warren would probably be the three best players in college basketball right now and Jackson is an elite prospect who was in national player of the year contention last year, so it's safe to say they would wreck college b-ball.  Gonzaga and UNC played for the title last year with two NBA players on the floor (Collins and Justin Jackson), who will both probably be scrubs in the NBA.

Also imagine Chandler. While he isn't elite in the NBA he would utterly destroy those kids.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I'm not saying I'm the only one in the world or close, but almost everyone who has had something to say about Lavar has said something negative.  He's the ultimate troll right now in basketball. 

naah a lot of people actually ride hard for lavar and his movement. check thecoli.com, he's treated like a prophet over a there.

i myself feel like his plan to create generational wealth, along with the way he raised his children is straight genius. just look at what lonzo is doing.

19 years old 29-11-9 .. you can thank Mr. BBB for that. 

2 hours ago, mjk356 said:

You can change probably to definitely. 

• Like 2